Magnus Walkers latest 'signature touch'

LeeM

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... well there you go. Ill take back my earlier comments, driving around while in such a busy area... not cool.

You reckon he thought the Merc was turning? and therefore panicked? But even then... that means he wasnt looking ahead through the corner. Merc Driver responded nicely though.

I don't think anyone can say.  To me it just looks like he got out of shape on the corner and the rest just happened.   He was either planning to go down the road on the wrong side around the trailer or into the driveway.  But either way he was driving too fast with too many people around, and oncoming traffic.

Luckily no-one's preparing a report for the coroner as a result of this incident. Incident , not accident.

In Australia this would be reckless driving in an unroadworthy car causing passenger injury and endangering lives of other motorists.

The footage is damning.

He will escape picking up soap,  but end up on a lecturing tour about road safety. A hefty fine , big legal bills , tainted 277 , pissed wife etc etc

I hope they throw away the keys to his 930s ; they are dangerous round corners. A 928 should be on his wish list if it isn't already.

Oh and cut your hair , you'll get more sympathy from the (kangaroo) court.

It will be interesting to see what he gets charged with? The laws from state to state vary so greatly in America. Either way he's getting something for that display of stupidity now that the world can see it in well filmed vision. Really glad no one was hurt, there could have been a nasty head on collision and hundreds of other terrible variables.....

The laws from state to state vary so greatly in America. 

Minnesota law is pretty clear on this

169.13 RECKLESS OR CARELESS DRIVING.

Subdivision 1.Reckless driving.

(a) Any person who drives any vehicle in such a manner as to indicate either a willful or a wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving and such reckless driving is a misdemeanor.

(b) A person shall not race any vehicle upon any street or highway of this state. Any person who willfully compares or contests relative speeds by operating one or more vehicles is guilty of racing, which constitutes reckless driving, whether or not the speed contested or compared is in excess of the maximum speed prescribed by law.

Subd. 2.Careless driving.

Any person who operates or halts any vehicle upon any street or highway carelessly or heedlessly in disregard of the rights of others, or in a manner that endangers or is likely to endanger any property or any person, including the driver or passengers of the vehicle, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

Subd. 3.Application.

(a) The provisions of this section apply, but are not limited in application, to any person who drives any vehicle in the manner prohibited by this section:

(1) upon the ice of any lake, stream, or river, including but not limited to the ice of any boundary water; or

(2) in a parking lot ordinarily used by or available to the public though not as a matter of right, and a driveway connecting the parking lot with a street or highway.

Maybe now he will politely go away..... 

I think he's got a cool collection and its good that he breaks some stereotypes BUT the whole Urban Outlaw thing? Apart from blatant branding.. I never got "it" 

I think Jack Olsen is a DUDE that most us common guys can relate to and be inspired by, whether thats your 911 or decking out your garage. :)

Minnesota law is pretty clear on this

Clear, but open to intrepretation, influenced by previous case law, and last but not least my personal favourite "Manipulated by expensive lawyers". If it was you or me we'd probably do a bit time in a Minesota gaol, but Magnus is rich so he'll find the right traffic expert lawyer. Really keen to see the outcome though Taz.

he'll find the right traffic expert lawyer.

Nothing will be his fault. 1 or more of the road , the tyres , the  weather, the passenger distracting him , hair in the eyes, oncoming traffic driving too slow, some idiot parked a truck in <my> lane...

Don't forget he's up against a media personality on duty. She will have a Lawyer. $$$ettlement 

It will be interesting to see what he gets charged with? The laws from state to state vary so greatly in America. Either way he's getting something for that display of stupidity now that the world can see it in well filmed vision. Really glad no one was hurt, there could have been a nasty head on collision and hundreds of other terrible variables.....

Crucifixion? Yeah, first offence 

I don't think anyone is hating on him?  More like good natured ribbing that can be done when only egos were hurt.

Ask TurboT about it with regards to the lamppost.

and now I have the same racing pedigree as Magnus. Mind you I was chasing billy not trying to impress some chick. Hang on, that sounds like the same thing. Ok I was 'up Billy's arse...'

someone take this back on topic please

The 'Benz had nothing to do with it.  The tail was out way before, in what looks like classic lift off oversteer.  If the tail hadn't gone out, what was he planning to do when he arrived at his trailer at that speed??

I didn't mind the guy when I first saw him, but soon realised he did nothing of any substance.  It was all cosmetic and soon became blatant self promotion.  

lol at the euro websites Norm , e.g.

"During a meeting the famous Porsche long-haired Magnus Walker committed a gaffe. His white-blue-red colored 911 put his ass by a case of gas-los-upset. Incidental pain point: there reporter sat on the passenger seat. Incidental pain point two: He crashed against his own truck. Advantage? The stunning Mercedes SL Pagoda remained intact."

At the end , the young lady in this clip sums up what's about to happen 

Sorry to digress but I love that movie......."those aren't pillows"

He turns left out of the drive and sees the truck in plain sight before he starts - then goes up the road, does a u-turn, starts his run and hits it.  He knew the truck was sitting in that spot before he started. 

I'm not sure that's his truck btw. Doesn't he have a smaller trailer with his promotional stuff on the side? Looks to be a Porsche truck in corporate Porsche livery, but I could be wrong. 

Epic fail. The poor sucker is Looking like a dickhead now....

Archived