My Amaranth Violet 993

Hi PFA,

I've been lurking in the FS thread and forum for a while.  Now that I'm an owner I probably should introduce my new car!

I was shopping for a longhood, but I was drawn to this car when I saw it on carsales.  It's a 94 in amaranth violet and has optional sports seats.  It was originally delivered in London and arrived in QLD in 2008.  In low light it looks dark blue but most of the time it's cadbury purple.

deanst-front.JPGcows-rear.JPGmarilyn.JPGinterior-dash.JPGinterior-seats.JPG

I picked it up to Brisbane and drove it home to Albury, NSW.  It's not as mint as the seller claimed but I'm planning on keeping it a long while and fixing it up slowly.

I was also considering a Cayman, but they're a little too small :)

Ks2ndride.JPG

Awesome colour.

The 993 shape is so curvaceous.  The view from the rear is spectacular.

The small rear winglet is interesting,  haven't seen one of those before.

Funnily enough a group from the Canberra trip drove through Albury on the return trip just 2 weekends ago.

Thanks! :)

It's a Techart (or copy) spoiler.  It's nice to be able to see the rear wing rise in the mirror when I hit 80 km/h but I'll probably remove it when I get some body work done.

I wish I had of paid attention re: the Canberra trip.  It would have been nice to see some cars and owners.  That said, I'll probably head up to the German auto day in CBR later in the year.  I normally enter my VW but I'm planning on taking the 993.

this car was the one for sale on the bayside of brisbane? you must have moved fast on it haha

Yes, that's right.  I was first in line and the seller was nice enough to hold the car for me after other offers came in.

Nice!

We have two samoyeds.  They ride in my mini...Porsche...not so much! :P

:)  There's a bunch of towels and rugs in the back!

Yes, that's right.  I was first in line and the seller was nice enough to hold the car for me after other offers came in.

:)  There's a bunch of towels and rugs in the back!

haha yep i saw it but it kind of clashed with the other purple car..
the shepherd rides in the front with me :D does not fit in a mini unlike tit's dog :P 

P3LE3ta.jpg

I7Q5gHe.jpg?1

Thanks all :) 

haha yep i saw it but it kind of clashed with the other purple car..the shepherd rides in the front with me :D does not fit in a mini unlike tit's dog :P 

Adorable!  You must get a few strange looks at the traffic lights :D

Congratulations. You have some nice roads quite handy to where you are....

Cheers.  I'm pretty close to Mt Hotham and Falls Creek.  I went for a few blasts over the Tawonga gap a few weeks ago.  I'm slowly learning the character of the car but it was great fun.  I'm weary because I haven't driven many RR cars.

yes, i remember it being a very cheap car :)

well done.

Cheap is relative!  All my other cars have been Volkswagens! ;)

I've also been asked via IM about the other vehicle in my profile.  It's a mountain bike that I'm in the process of restoring and "upgrading" to Gulf spec.

readytoride.JPG

• 1 month later...

haha yep i saw it but it kind of clashed with the other purple car..the shepherd rides in the front with me :D does not fit in a mini unlike tit's dog :P 

P3LE3ta.jpg

I7Q5gHe.jpg?1

...one day there will be a classic in my garage. Then I'll jam my two Sammie's in there just to see...

Nice car, but I'm in no way a fan of that colour. First thing I would have done is get it sprayed or wrapped.

It was a big selling point for me.  My daily is silver.  I think a sports car should be a fun colour, but different strokes . . . .

+1 like for the colour. And the 993 body? Well, it's impossible to beat. I wish you many, many enjoyable miles in it @YellowDieselGolf.

Thanks Mezger :)

Great colour, congratulations, i think it's good to see another shade out there, better than the standard boring colours.

Cheers!

Love the colour, love Cadbury too!

drove it to work one day and a colleague sent me this pic. :)

cadbury.JPG

I remember this car.  I like the colour - you certainly won't see any others when you drive it around.  How is the rust situation seeing as we all talk abut UK cars as rusty?

Thanks.  It's got documentation for some repairs to the rear window.  There's a couple of small dots here and there but nothing major.  I'll eventually get them repaired.

I'd also like to clear up a few things regarding the price - I didn't get it for $45k.  It was listed a couple of years ago but the seller removed it from the market.  In September 2015 they reactivated the old ad - for a few hours.  I (and many other people) spotted it and contacted the seller.  They pulled the ad and relisted it a few months later for a more realistic (sigh) price.

listing.png

• 2 months later...

Bit of an update . . . .

tallangattalookout.JPG  

In June I took the car on a holiday to Canberra.  It went really well except for the fact that it's tiny and we couldn't fit any shopping inside.

Since then, it's been stuck in the shed.  My back yard is a mini-swamp due to all the rain.  I've used the time to polish the exhaust and do some repair works to the wiring harness on the radio.

mess.JPG

Before:

harness-before.JPG

After:

harness-after.jpg

Replaced the rear speakers

speakers.JPG

Removed the black stone guards (!@#% of a job)

4-progress.JPG

And installed a set of OEM clears.  I'm thinking of putting some black ones on, but haven't made up my mind.

11-blackguard.JPG

And that brings me to today.  My daily is off the road until Monday, so I tried to make the trip through the swamp.

cardbridge.JPG

Failed.

needsmoarcarrera4.JPG

Bit of an update . . . .

tallangattalookout.JPG  

In June I took the car on a holiday to Canberra.  It went really well except for the fact that it's tiny and we couldn't fit any shopping inside.

Since then, it's been stuck in the shed.  My back yard is a mini-swamp due to all the rain.  I've used the time to polish the exhaust and do some repair works to the wiring harness on the radio.

Before:

After:

Replaced the rear speakers

Removed the black stone guards (!@#% of a job)

And installed a set of OEM clears.  I'm thinking of putting some black ones on, but haven't made up my mind.

And that brings me to today.  My daily is off the road until Monday, so I tried to make the trip through the swamp.

Failed.

Tell us when you're here next time. Can grab Lima and go for a coffee ...um...drive..

Maybe I'll bring my Samoyeds ?

Archived