I see Clive from Caloundra's 968 was just removed from Carsales.  PFAer maybe?  Wonder what he got given it's condition.  I've often wanted to call a seller & politely ask what they sold for to give me an idea of the real market but people often like to keep that close to their chests.

Gees Paul are you getting rid of it already?

To be up front guys. I puchased this car at a very reasonable price with the intention to sell to make a profit some day. I'm certainly in no rush to sell and more than happy to keep for years to come. And will not officially advertise to sell anytime soon. Furthermore I do own quite a few cars that keep me happy! The S2 is an awesome car and provides plenty of inspiration restoring my 2 924's. 

Paul.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/greenwood/cars-vans-utes/1983-porsche-924-coupe/1128324902

I don't want to appear catty but why do people advertise a car & post a photograph of a photograph of the car that is for sale?  The logic escapes me.  Do alarm bells not ring immediately & say either -SCAM or was that what the car looked like 22 years ago when you first purchased it- dear withering Jesus.

or (and I am still being a little catty here)

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/penguin/cars-vans-utes/1988-porsche-944-coupe/1128277523

Spoke to this guy today - actually seemed a pretty nice bloke.  I was intrigued because his car is as an auto but had Turbo livery on the back of the car.  Owner stated that the car was not a turbo but that the decals were just added at some stage in the past for looks.  As I said to another PFA member today adding that to a standard car is like going to a night club in tight jeans with a Lebanese cucumber down the front of your daks - someones bound to be bitterly disappointed when your duds hit the bedroom floor.......just sayin..........

Hey Jason, 

Why don't you check this thing out. About as cheap as they get and it looks half decent;

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane-city/cars-vans-utes/1983-guards-red-porsche-944-coupe-manual/1126335672?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

@Jason E sorry to go off topic a bit here, still a Porsche, but when you first came here you were looking at a Boxster (and maybe even a 996) to me this would suit your auto/ daily grind need better than an auto 944 and is a much better performing car than such, especially with a 2.7 or even 3.2 engine? They are quite cheap now (starting about 944 pricing) and are most likely still falling in value. Everything else you are looking at now is increasing. Just a thought :)

Hello Adam,

Agreed.  I was initially looking for a Boxster way back at the start (after quickly realizing that the dream of A/C 911 ownership was fast fading).  Things changed though when the wife uttered the fateful words in late 2014 & I realized that back seats would be a positive in the future.

A 996 would be excellent but I wont be able to afford one till I finish building our house in the middle of next year & know how the finances are situated.  

I thought maybe an S2, an auto 968 or a 928 might be just the (not to expensive) ticket, and almost was but I missed that excellent S2 recently that was very reasonably priced.

I'm still looking at the Boxsters all the time in my nightly searches of all the sites & all the Porsches. (my wife loves this use of my time). 

Something will come up. I heard someone once say, "It's not a matter of luck, it's just a matter of time". :)

Ah, yes the back seat. Mine gets used a bit by our 5 year old :D

I think now you may need min $20k odd to get into either market (944/ 968 or 928). Have you seen that 996 for not much more?

Yes, did see the 996- great price-  If only it were closer.  WA is just a bit far to travel.  A 996 would "solve" my problems admirably.  I'd still buy the right Boxster as an interim car for a couple years.

Hey Jason, 

Why don't you check this thing out. About as cheap as they get and it looks half decent;

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane-city/cars-vans-utes/1983-guards-red-porsche-944-coupe-manual/1126335672?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

Thanks 88,

I have corresponded with this seller as he lives close.  I am still trying to get a mutually workable time for a look.  I really prefer a post 86 but am willing to look at this one.  As you say it is good money.  Thanks for the heads up.

cheers,

JE

Yes, did see the 996- great price-  If only it were closer.  WA is just a bit far to travel.  A 996 would "solve" my problems admirably.  I'd still buy the right Boxster as an interim car for a couple years.

Where is the 996 advertised?

Jason, why don't you check this out? It's cheap enough? 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane-city/cars-vans-utes/1983-guards-red-porsche-944-coupe-manual/1126335672

Where is the 996 advertised?

Jason, why don't you check this out? It's cheap enough? 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane-city/cars-vans-utes/1983-guards-red-porsche-944-coupe-manual/1126335672

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1999/SSE-AD-4360394/?Cr=2

Thanks 88,

I have corresponded with this seller as he lives close.  I am still trying to get a mutually workable time for a look.  I really prefer a post 86 but am willing to look at this one.  As you say it is good money.  Thanks for the heads up.

cheers,

JE

JE

Can't you buy the Boxster now on a "promise" to buy a 996 when you find one..... more $$$ are available :)

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1999/SSE-AD-4360394/?Cr=2

Thanks 88,

cheers,

JE

The QLD 944 has now sold. It was cheap I thought. 

Did you buy it? 

No Mate, kept trying to get on to the seller for a time but he always seemed to be starting work before I finished & I couldn't get a hold of him on any weekend.

We won't see a decent sub 10k 944 again. I'm calling it, those days are over.

We won't see a decent sub 10k 944 again. I'm calling it, those days are over.

Mate I'm thinking that we are not far away from not seeing a decent 924 sub $10k again, let alone a 944. Prices have settled maybe even dropped a bit at the moment, but all that does is send the good cars back into the garages with covers over them until prices rise again. There are still good 944S2 's out there, I know of two but neither will be sold for less than mid $30k and both owners are patient enough to wait. 

Mate I'm thinking that we are not far away from not seeing a decent 924 sub $10k again, let alone a 944. Prices have settled maybe even dropped a bit at the moment, but all that does is send the good cars back into the garages with covers over them until prices rise again. There are still good 944S2 's out there, I know of two but neither will be sold for less than mid $30k and both owners are patient enough to wait. 

PM sent.

The QLD 944 has now sold. It was cheap I thought. 

Did you buy it? 

No history, owned by a young kid, from what I gleaned on the phone. Needed a respray and an interior. I didn't take it any further from the call.

Did anyone look at the black 83 in Surfers?