Ok so this is a Jap import left hooker, but what is wrong with this car, anyone looked at it.

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo Manual

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-944-1987/SSE-AD-3973254/?Cr=3

I am interested in this car, & have talked with the owner, but I am in Qld.

Before I fly down or get a PPI it would be good to know if any PFA member have had a look at it before I commit to the next step.

Just need to know if its straight, any rust or a dying motor.

Is there any 952 forum members nearby to Balwyn North that could have a quick look for me. It goes without saying that beer or wine would be involved. 

Brian in buddina

I am interested in this car, & have talked with the owner, but I am in Qld.

Before I fly down or get a PPI it would be good to know if any PFA member have had a look at it before I commit to the next step.

Just need to know if its straight, any rust or a dying motor.

Is there any 952 forum members nearby to Balwyn North that could have a quick look for me. It goes without saying that beer or wine would be involved. 

Brian in buddina

Brian, it may be better to start a new thread on this for you, if PFA'ers are anything like me they go to the new topics so more people may see it and you will have a better chance at getting a result.

be interesting to hear from other 952 owners on their motor refurbs

I just finished rebuilding mine. Total expense of around 5.5k for parts and machining.
If you want to know anything I'm happy to share my experiences.

Build thread here:

http://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/924976-timm-s-952-build-thread.html

Brian, it may be better to start a new thread on this for you, if PFA'ers are anything like me they go to the new topics so more people may see it and you will have a better chance at getting a result.

Good idea thanks

Done

I just finished rebuilding mine. Total expense of around 5.5k for parts and machining.
If you want to know anything I'm happy to share my experiences.

Build thread here:

http://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/924976-timm-s-952-build-thread.html

thanks Timm 

I"ll read your build thread 

I'm sure I will have a question or 2

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawt

944%20Shooting%20Brake_zpsxkgh6f6b.jpg

something I have googled & have been unable to find is a TARGA kit to turn a cabrio into a targa. Maybe someone knows of a one off somewhere. The sun is too intense in Qld for a open top car for half the year, if you are follically challenged.

I wonder how far off the dimensions are for a 911 targa rear glass to fit a 944 cabrio.

This would be a more complex fabrication as it would require body work mods between the boot and hoop.

Has anyone seen a photo of a rear glass 944 targa?

In search of the elusive unicorn.

No need to discuss why Porsche never made one in the early 90's - almost broke and a model about to be discontinued.

But It would be interesting to know if the P. design department has a paper sketch buried away in there archives. 

You are right Lee generally, however if I could get an inexpensive AND reliable auto at a price where I could easily afford a manual as well for the weekends I'd get on it straight away.  

Bugger just lost my post!!

I have been thinking about this and you could do it, I sort of did..... I have my ML suv for daily/ family stuff and my 928 for fun stuff :)

May not work for all but worth considering if your budget will allow ,plus gives you more time to find the right P car? A Cayenne (or similar) would make a nice daily :)

• 3 weeks later...

It's really hard to price these cars right now, it really is about how bad someone wants one. I can't remember the last 944 Cab I've seen for sale?

I agree. From memory, the last one I saw was a black/cream that was $14,000. I think it was last year