Anyone have a spare 96 grand laying around for a turbo 3L? :D

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-944-1990/SSE-AD-4212111/?Cr=1

I can appreciate that it's probably a very nice car and would have cost a lot to get built...but he must be hitting the crack pipe if he thinks a 944 can sell for that much.

Already done for ya mate, what are you waiting for Billy?

The current 944's for sale seem to have stagnated a bit, maybe the market isn't ready for a high Km $30k Turbo or a $39k S2?

If that $96k car is gone on Monday then you'll know that I won lotto on the weekend and I am driving it home, via Tasmania and the Great Ocean Road.

A similar thing happened with prices of 240z and 260z, they were selling for less than half their current prices 4 years ago... and then we all know what happened with the air cooled 911s recently.

If the popularity of 944s increases in Australia the market won't be able to meet demand - well maintained, Australian delivered cars just aren't very common. Still, the pricing of those cars mentioned is very ambitious! Will be interesting to see what happens...

A similar thing happened with prices of 240z and 260z, they were selling for less than half their current prices 4 years ago... and then we all know what happened with the air cooled 911s recently.

If the popularity of 944s increases in Australia the market won't be able to meet demand - well maintained, Australian delivered cars just aren't very common. Still, the pricing of those cars mentioned is very ambitious! Will be interesting to see what happens...

This is exactly and why I bought my 944 - wanted to get in before the prices jumped.

Was chasing a 911, then a 260 - prices soared on both.

Looking at the 944, there's nothing else in the price bracket that compares. 

Edited by 88mph

There are still some nice turbos and S2's locked away in garages as people look at the prices and wonder where it is all going. 

If you want a quality turbo or S2 I think that you need to get used to the idea that your offer will have to be in the 30's... Still damn cheap compared to starting prices of $60k + for a dodgy non Australian delivered 911 targa (don't hate me targa people, I like them but they used to be cheap!!!!!  I nearly bought one for $25k in 2010).

Just my opinion guys....

I see that the $30k 270kms turbo is gone off carsales, anyone here??? Hopefully I get the $96K one when I win lotto tomorrow.

There's an S that's popped up;

Check out this Porsche 944.
https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-944-1988/OAG-AD-13394672

Yes and ambitious pricing too although it does look like it's had a kind owner-s, well cared from what i can see from the photos.

What is going on with the quoting from phones i am having some dramas, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

What is going on with the quoting from phones i am having some dramas, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Nope! I pretty much do not quote from my phone, only from my computer ... although I do have a new phone to try out soon.... :)

Well, all these overpriced 944s have sent me off to another corner, where I've kicked a few tyres and found something that'll do for now. I really would like a 944S2, but whilst this particular bubble's drawing a lot of breath, I'll just keep watch.

What did you get?