For $16.4k would be my guess.  I'll offer $15k tops.  $17k is the least I could take *thinks about it* OK, I'll go to $16.5k.  Oh, it's got a month's lss rego than I thought call it $16.4k, sold.

Only thing is the ad did mention something to the effect of "I think 16400 is a good price for the condition"

Just popped up as SOLD now...

I actually grabbed this one today.

The ad he originally posted, was a copied ad from a year or so ago. And then decided to to update this morning. It's done now 286,000km. Very nice person to buy from. 

Gorgeous car. Well maintained, Australian delivered, log books, heap of receipts, excellent condition inside and out. Drives exceptionally well. Great little run about car.

The ad he originally posted, was a copied ad from a year or so ago. And then decided to to update this morning. It's done now 286,000km. Very nice person to buy from. 

Gorgeous car. Well maintained, Australian delivered, log books, heap of receipts, excellent condition inside and out. Drives exceptionally well. Great little run about car.

We have a winner!  Congrats to you and look forward to seeing / hearing more about the care once you have it.

Well done, you are amassing a nice collection there :)

The way it is going there will soon be more front engine owners on here than rear engine :D

I was this (imagine you could see my fingers touching) close this morning to joining you.   Ahhhhhhggggghhhhhhhhhh (imagine me sobbing & rocking as I groan).......... 

The way it is going there will soon be more front engine owners on here than rear engine :D

So who many of these trans-axles will be at the PCNSW concours/show n shine on the 18th of Sept at Dural.  

Edited by Port 911

I was this (imagine you could see my fingers touching) close this morning to joining you.   Ahhhhhhggggghhhhhhhhhh (imagine me sobbing & rocking as I groan).......... 

It will happen, just need to jump very quickly and hope for a soft landing :)

You could probably buy a 924 a 944 and a 928...... and have change :)

After I sold the 912, I had thought of doing that (not the 928 though, sorry) instead of buying the 911. Well, I nearly did buy a 944 as well as the 911, but I had to pull my head in.

I nearly bought a Turbo 944 20 years ago for $30k I think it was. Had the loan sorted etc, but realised it was a bit stupid spending that sorta coin

Its not out of the question in the future, as I would like to do Classic Adelaide/Motorsport Festival and a track day or 2. I want to do that now, but I can't risk damaging the 911, even in the touring class. I'll only do it in a Porsche though, so a 944 would be the best option for my meagre budget

You will always lust after the 911. Take your time and buy a 944 as a run about ;) and leave Silver Fox for special drives

Exactly. I still get a buzz when I look at the 911 in the shed, and especially when I fire it up!  Mechanical lust

Yeah that sucked for you.

It will happen, just need to jump very quickly and hope for a soft landing :)

He did mate don't you worry.

After I sold the 912, I had thought of doing that (not the 928 though, sorry) instead of buying the 911. Well, I nearly did buy a 944 as well as the 911, but I had to pull my head in.

I nearly bought a Turbo 944 20 years ago for $30k I think it was. Had the loan sorted etc, but realised it was a bit stupid spending that sorta coin

Its not out of the question in the future, as I would like to do Classic Adelaide/Motorsport Festival and a track day or 2. I want to do that now, but I can't risk damaging the 911, even in the touring class. I'll only do it in a Porsche though, so a 944 would be the best option for my meagre budget

Exactly. I still get a buzz when I look at the 911 in the shed, and especially when I fire it up!  Mechanical lust

I used to get a buzz when i had my n/a 86 and now that i have the turbo i get a massive rush, it sits my arse back in the seat like you wouldn't believe:P

Yeah that sucked for you.

He did mate don't you worry.

I used to get a buzz when i had my n/a 86 and now that i have the turbo i get a massive rush, it sits my arse back in the seat like you wouldn't believe:P

Thanks Steve, I was dead set shattered to miss this one in such a stupid way.

Adam, I was on to this bloke at 730am the morning after it was advertised first, cab off the rank. Had a conversation with seller (nice bloke), said i'd take the car, agreed on price, agreed i'd transfer a deposit that day & fly down in the next day or so with balance of cash to drive the car home.  Everyone happy.  Called back 45 mins later to get bank details (after a quick call to Bruce Buchannen)  & the seller said he had a Porsche guy from Sydney coming up to have a look.  Seller clearly preferred a NSW buyer (I suppose I can understand that) & the rest is fu@%ing history.  Pipped at the post again.  That was just a great bargain for an S2 at that money for what seems a well looked after car.  Big, Big siggghhhhhhhh..............................

Adam, I was on to this bloke at 730am the morning after it was advertised first, cab off the rank. Had a conversation with seller (nice bloke), said i'd take the car, agreed on price, agreed i'd transfer a deposit that day & fly down in the next day or so with balance of cash to drive the car home.  Everyone happy.  Called back 45 mins later to get bank details (after a quick call to Bruce Buchannen)  & the seller said he had a Porsche guy from Sydney coming up to have a look.  Seller clearly preferred a NSW buyer (I suppose I can understand that) & the rest is fu@%ing history.  Pipped at the post again.  That was just a great bargain for an S2 at that money for what seems a well looked after car.  Big, Big siggghhhhhhhh..............................

Hi Jason,

It surely is disappointing. And from my experience, is certainly the luck of the draw.

This forum made me aware of the car on Sunday night. That night I sent a message, asking to view the car on Monday. I really didn't think I would hear back to be honest. I received a text message round 7am. We had a good chat, and then jumped in the car to inspect, to buy. The seller understands the car is probably worth a bit more. But also happy to make a quick sale, and to go to a good home.

All the best Paul.

Hi Jason,

It surely is disappointing. And from my experience, is certainly the luck of the draw.

This forum made me aware of the car on Sunday night. That night I sent a message, asking to view the car on Monday. I really didn't think I would hear back to be honest. I received a text message round 7am. We had a good chat, and then jumped in the car to inspect, to buy. The seller understands the car is probably worth a bit more. But also happy to make a quick sale, and to go to a good home.

All the best Paul.

No worries Paul,

certainly no hard feelings toward you, as you say luck of the draw & proximity were on your side.  Bit mystified/ frustrated with the buyer saying that he would accept my offer & then changing his mind.  I suppose he was just trying to hedge his bets to make sure he could move his vehicle.  Seemed like a nice enough bloke though & pretty knowledgeable.

cheers,

Jason

That sucks Jason, sorry for you.

He agreed to sell to you so he should have done!!

Edited by ANF

Thanks Gents,

Again, I don't think the buyer has done anything wrong, however I concur that the seller should stick to his word/ agreement.  If the seller already had someone nearby coming to look at the car he should establish that straight away with me/ the prospective buyer.  Easy to say straight up, "Look I've got a guy coming now for a look but if he doesn't take it or if he hesitates i'll call you right back & talk money".  Rather than agreeing on a price & a purchase strategy & then reneging on the deal.  Very frustrating.  

Having said all this I get the seller taking the 'Bird in the Hand' route & sticking with the guy standing in front of him with cash in his hand rather than the guy on the end of the phone saying "I'll send you the cash!!".  I get it, I just don't like it.  Grizzle over (ish).

Thanks Gents,

Again, I don't think the buyer has done anything wrong, however I concur that the seller should stick to his word/ agreement.  If the seller already had someone nearby coming to look at the car he should establish that straight away with me/ the prospective buyer.  Easy to say straight up, "Look I've got a guy coming now for a look but if he doesn't take it or if he hesitates i'll call you right back & talk money".  Rather than agreeing on a price & a purchase strategy & then reneging on the deal.  Very frustrating.  

Having said all this I get the seller taking the 'Bird in the Hand' route & sticking with the guy standing in front of him with cash in his hand rather than the guy on the end of the phone saying "I'll send you the cash!!".  I get it, I just don't like it.  Grizzle over (ish).

One has to assume (?) that when he agreed to sell to you that he had not yet contacted the other buyer. When contact was made he should have told him that it is sold pending a deposit and that if it did not go ahead then you are first in line after that.

Unfortunately it is not the first time this has happened and will not be the last (hopefully last time for you Jason!).....

One has to assume (?) that when he agreed to sell to you that he had not yet contacted the other buyer. When contact was made he should have told him that it is sold pending a deposit and that if it did not go ahead then you are first in line after that.

Unfortunately it is not the first time this has happened and will not be the last (hopefully last time for you Jason!).....

Yes Adam I left a message for him the night before & then had a conversation with him at 729am re the car & agreed to purchase it.  I then said I would call Bruce Buchanan & have a talk to him re the cars service history & then call him back to get his bank details so I could send the deposit etc etc.  No mention of another buyer at that stage.

When I called back after a 30 minute call to Buchanan's the seller said that a Sydney buyer was driving up & that he didn't want to jeopardize a closer sale & that he felt it was in his best interests to let this person have a look.  What could I do?  I said I still wanted the car but that I couldn't force him not to show it to the other party.  The tyranny of distance........... 

Yes Adam I left a message for him the night before & then had a conversation with him at 729am re the car & agreed to purchase it.  I then said I would call Bruce Buchanan & have a talk to him re the cars service history & then call him back to get his bank details so I could send the deposit etc etc.  No mention of another buyer at that stage.

When I called back after a 30 minute call to Buchanan's the seller said that a Sydney buyer was driving up & that he didn't want to jeopardize a closer sale & that he felt it was in his best interests to let this person have a look.  What could I do?  I said I still wanted the car but that I couldn't force him not to show it to the other party.  The tyranny of distance........... 

That white 968 too much of a budget stretch Jason?