Good on you Sandy, thanks for letting us know what needs doing.  I hate it when sellers aren't honest & forthcoming.  The whole buyer beware has never sat well with me.  I've always tried to be as complete as possible when on selling things (often to my detriment).

cheers,

Jason

Yes Jason unfortunately it's the way of the world, gotta do ya due diligence, you'll find a good one they are out there... now the boxster, cant speak highly enough...will reply the PM tomorrow arvo.....

Got her licenced on Friday. RJP Motorsport sorted all the little bugs and she's sweet. Couldn't recommend the guy enough. 

So my first few spins in a Porsche I realise people don't like Porsche drivers for some reason..... I also have a classic Holden from the 60s which generates all kinds of positive behaviour from people whenever I drive it, people seem to love me when I drive it. Quite the opposite in the Porsche, people think I'm a wanker. I'm the same guy FFS!! Weird.

Ahh, welcome to Porsche ownership, got the finger yet?

Wanker ;-) 

It's not the car they hate. Its the perceived lavish lifestyle we all 'apparently' lead

If they only knew how wrong they are! With me anyway

Not really sure what you're talking about Lee!  Personally I bathe in Bollinger & refuse to eat anything but Beluga Caviar - I'm living it large up here in Brisbane my friend!!

Not really sure what you're talking about Lee!  Personally I bathe in Bollinger & refuse to eat anything but Beluga Caviar - I'm living it large up here in Brisbane my friend!!

I drink Corona, cheap scotch and eat cheese singles mate. Give me that over Bolli' and fish eggs anytime

Sadly I absolutely love an ice cold Corona on a hot summers day here in Vegas.  Unfortunately what follows is as if Satan has opened a portal of pure evil between his Netherworld & our own & the gateway betwixt the two is my anus.  Rivers of evil.........the horror, the horror..............

Sadly I absolutely love an ice cold Corona on a hot summers day here in Vegas.  Unfortunately what follows is as if Satan has opened a portal of pure evil between his Netherworld & our own & the gateway betwixt the two is my anus.  Rivers of evil.........the horror, the horror..............

I'm not a Corona fan.. Tastes like lolly water to me

Anyone have a spare 96 grand laying around for a turbo 3L? :D

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-944-1990/SSE-AD-4212111/?Cr=1

I can appreciate that it's probably a very nice car and would have cost a lot to get built...but he must be hitting the crack pipe if he thinks a 944 can sell for that much.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-944-1990/SSE-AD-4212111/?Cr=1

I can appreciate that it's probably a very nice car and would have cost a lot to get built...but he must be hitting the crack pipe if he thinks a 944 can sell for that much.

Totally agree with you Timm. This is the kind of car I've been aspiring to for a good many years but no way would I purchase for that kind of money. To put it into perspective, one of the 968 RS Turbo replicas was going for approx $60k a little while back...

I mean no disrespect to the seller Nik (especially if he's a PFA member) but I would have thought $50-60k is more in the ball park. You never recover the value of your modifications added. At the end of the day the market will decide the price I guess. :)

Edited by OzJustin

Totally agree with you Tim. This is the kind of car I've been aspiring to for a good many years but no way would I purchase for that kind of money. To put it into perspective, one of the 968 RS Turbo replicas was going for approx $60k a little while back...

I mean no disrespect to the seller Nik (especially if he's a PFA member) but I would have thought $50-60k is more in the ball park. You never recover the value of your modifications added. At the end of the day the market will decide the price I guess. :)

Yes, same here. My end goal for my 944 is also to build a nice 16V 3L turbo...maybe even an offset grind stroker while I'm at it. My current build is sort of practice for the big build later on. I remember seeing that black RS replica a while ago, 60k seems a lot more reasonable and that 968 was a lot more car than this S2. Before I bought my 944 there was a silver turbocharged S2 for sale in Perth in the low 20's if I remember correctly.

Let's say that this S2 would normally be worth around 30k (if you're lucky) then I have a hard time believing that there are another 66k worth of parts on that car to turbocharge it and upgrade the suspension and brakes. So it seems the seller is trying to recoup some labour costs as well...

But yes, the market will determine whether or not this price is as crazy as it appears. On the one hand, I like seeing the market value of our cars going up for my own selfish reasons, but on the other hand a lot of the appeal of the 924/944/968 chassis is the great bang for buck performance you get...something that will disappear if our car's prices follow the direction of the 911 price explosion.

Also, kind of off topic...but what do you guys do for insurance? I have mine at agreed value of just a bit more than a bought it for. But that seems too little going by recent market activity, and I doubt I could buy another 951 for the price that I got mine for. So I will at least be looking at increasing my agreed value. But with the seemingly ever increasing prices that these cars are going for, does everyone just keep increasing their agreed value? Or should I change my insurance to market value? This is my first car that I've got insurance on, so I haven't really learned all the tricks of getting the most out of your insurance company. I'm worried if I switch to market value, my insurance company would try to low ball me if it came to a payout. They definitely won't be taking one look at carsales.com and giving me 96k that's for sure! :D

Holy fark, you never know Timm, bit of a silly season atm, and why can't it sell for that?

Holy fark, you never know Timm, bit of a silly season atm, and why can't it sell for that?

And BTW Timm, have you added up the receipts for your work so far?  Scary stuff!  The $96k S2T must have a lot of Buchanan man-hours in it, which would have been a large contributor to the $200k claimed...  And - as our 911 friends who justify the silly prices asked for hotrods and resto's often say, you couldn't build it for that!

Well, I guess all it would take is one buyer who has that money and sees the value in the car, and also happens to want exactly all of those modifications done anyway, i.e. the kind of buyer everyone hopes for when they are selling a heavily modified car.

Yes, I have been keeping a spreadsheet of all the costs. So far I am just shy of 5.5k with everything included. I also did up a list of what a 3L 16V turbo build might cost me, and I think I could do it for between 20 and 30k, depending on how far I want to go with it and the condition of the donor engine. After all the hours I've spent on my relatively simple and straight forward rebuild, I can definitely agree that there would be a whole lot of man hours in that S2. But the question is, should the cost of labour be included in a car's sale price? I was always under the impression that you loose that money on a build, but maybe this guy will get lucky.

It will be interesting to see how it sells, just takes one person to see its value. Maybe as a weekend club racer if you already have a 991 turbo and your wife drive a Macan turbo, it may look cheap to you.

On thing is for sure it must be one hell of a weapon though, Buchannan's have built and race some amazing 944's.

Maybe I'll take a lotto ticket this weekend, you could embarrass a lot of 944 haters with that beast :)

Well, I guess all it would take is one buyer who has that money and sees the value in the car, and also happens to want exactly all of those modifications done anyway, i.e. the kind of buyer everyone hopes for when they are selling a heavily modified car.

Yes, I have been keeping a spreadsheet of all the costs. So far I am just shy of 5.5k with everything included. I also did up a list of what a 3L 16V turbo build might cost me, and I think I could do it for between 20 and 30k, depending on how far I want to go with it and the condition of the donor engine. After all the hours I've spent on my relatively simple and straight forward rebuild, I can definitely agree that there would be a whole lot of man hours in that S2. But the question is, should the cost of labour be included in a car's sale price? I was always under the impression that you loose that money on a build, but maybe this guy will get lucky.

Well done Timm - thought it'd be more than that...