It looks to be on full Vic reg too? And has been in Aus since the early 2000s, I thought had to be 30 years old (except for WA - 15 years I think) to be reg LHD in most states?

Could have been a personal import in which case it only had to be owned by the person bringing it in for 12 months ....

I don't think that matters if it is LHD? Or maybe it does? Pretty sure needs to be 30+ years old to reg LHD unless it is a rally car or the like on very restrictive rego

In Tas I should ad to that

I did make some enquires about this white 944 S2, it was from WA, two guys purchased it to do a charity drive in, there is a write up about it in one of the NSWPC mags.

They drove it from WA to Newcastle, next day it would not start, it found its way to Autoworks, after some amount of $ is was back running. If you have a close look at the photos you can see the panel gapes are all over the place, as it has been in a front ender & not repaired correctly. I was looking to purchace this car but after inspection walked away. 

Looks like its sold now

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-944-1989/SSE-AD-4047029/?Cr=0

No - price is a bit off-putting, and so too is the banter in the ad - "Oh, look how much these are worth!!" and "I'd love to keep it but the wife says No!" That, and the fact he's put up a private ad whilst clearly a dealer - just doesn't do it for me. Says "Chancer" all over it. I might be completely mistaken, and have read far too much into just a few simple words, but then that's my loss.

No - price is a bit off-putting, and so too is the banter in the ad - "Oh, look how much these are worth!!" and "I'd love to keep it but the wife says No!" That, and the fact he's put up a private ad whilst clearly a dealer - just doesn't do it for me. Says "Chancer" all over it. I might be completely mistaken, and have read far too much into just a few simple words, but then that's my loss.

I thought exactly the same thing when i saw it, "I'd like to keep it", ok fine don't let us stop you, why do people put this stuff in an ad, i don't really care why someone is selling, i just want the history. There is a turbo "S" in QLD that I am trying to get some history on but the seller won't even email back, can't want to sell real bad, it needs lot's of work but maybe a good project.

Maybe Peter, but

"For all these reasons we are not great lovers of this car as they are expensive to maintain (as they age), heavy and thirsty and seem quite different to any other Porsche model that combines lightweight and performance."

says a lot...... does not appear to be based on any logic....

yesterday and the day before I took a quick drive down thru our south west forest roads and back, 1100km in all and I had blast in my 82 944 the  Unassisted steering is sensational  one is never found wandering across the road and needing ( even after hours of driving and when the concentration starts to wane) to make large corrections such is the constant contact and therefore feel and automatic fine adjustments. In the car park it is extremely heavy but who takes it shopping? Bang for your back compared to my GT3 it wins, you don't need to do crazy speeds to find limits yet still have fun ( without need for constant vigilance for the revenue collectors ) for experiencing a finely tuned ( well ok for 1982) balanced car with doors that go clunk and has no price downside. Gets more looks from kids ( red) than the silver ( yawn) GT3.

yesterday and the day before I took a quick drive down thru our south west forest roads and back, 1100km in all and I had blast in my 82 944 the  Unassisted steering is sensational  one is never found wandering across the road and needing ( even after hours of driving and when the concentration starts to wane) to make large corrections such is the constant contact and therefore feel and automatic fine adjustments. In the car park it is extremely heavy but who takes it shopping? Bang for your back compared to my GT3 it wins, you don't need to do crazy speeds to find limits yet still have fun ( without need for constant vigilance for the revenue collectors ) for experiencing a finely tuned ( well ok for 1982) balanced car with doors that go clunk and has no price downside. Gets more looks from kids ( red) than the silver ( yawn) GT3.

That is great to see you love driving your 944, but not sure why you quoted me? My post was in relation to negative views on the 928.

Spoke to seller on phone a few weeks ago...said it's was repsrayed then left unregistered / undriven for the last couple of years :huh:

Which might well be the case, but seems very odd. Was it resprayed by the current vendor?? And why just left unregistered? I understand that other things can get in the way, so am curious - the ad comes across as a bit crass. Imagine if the ad had talked about a recent respray, all the history, with a couple of choice details of what done and when, and an asking price of, say, $late-20s. I reckon it would have gone within a week, even unregistered.

I reckon your absolutely correct Pom, the 35k is too much to ask on this particular car especially not much history mentioned and maybe a chequered one as well, if it hasn't driven for a couple of years that's a whole hydraulic rebuild right there, =$$$.

A new 944 up on CTS..... Only 26,000 kms.

http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/modernclassic5.html

Price seems a bit speculative given its neither a Turbo, S2, S nor the 2.7. But then the low kms and the condition would be hard to imagine a similar one popping up. At least it has the modern dash and even the original Eurovox radio.

Edited by 90sF1Kid

A new 944 up on CTS..... Only 26,000 kms.

http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/modernclassic5.html

Price seems a bit speculative given its neither a Turbo, S2, S nor the 2.7. But then the low kms and the condition would be hard to imagine a similar one popping up. At least it has the modern dash and even the original Eurovox radio.

My 86 still had still had the original Eurovox too, it just worked.....sometimes, got sold with the car, that's a lot of coin for a N/A but it's showroom, shame about the colour of the interior, not my favourite.

Fark that! Puts that black Turbo into perspective.

Makes it look cheap.