sold yet? OMG I'm going to cross the line any minute!

Someone should ring the guy & get the low down on the car, my wife rang me at lunch, & the first thing she asked is " you haven't rang about that turdo have you"   

I did say no, as I looked at the number. mmmmmm

Someone buy this and put me out of my misery. As long as this is for sale my marriage is at risk!

sold yet? OMG I'm going to cross the line any minute!

Go ahead, no risk, Just get Jono to explain the purchase to her....all good!

Ok. Here's the plan. Buy it in the company name. Deregister it so no FBT and no pesky rego paperwork in the post. Store in container at work. Wait for opportune time to announce the 'good' news. Sell to myself at a loss, register and enjoy. Only trouble is the passage of time before it becomes a 'good' time. And the risk of being caught. As this would not be my first offence there would be more than a slap on the wrist...could even be a custodial...

Deposit has been taken for the grey 944 turbo...

EAFBDCD9-5522-413D-BC0F-4EA770DD7A16_zps

It was me!

Flying into Adelaide tonight to drive it back to Melbourne.

Australian delivered, originally sold in Melbourne out of Hamiltons. Comes with several thousand dollars worth of spare parts including new clutch, new rubbers, etc. A book worth of receipts over the last few owners. 

Didn't worry about the high miles as I intend to drive the cr@p out of it!

Sounds like I just saved your marriage pork chop...

Edited by vinnytang

It was me!

Flying into Adelaide tonight to drive it back to Melbourne.

Australian delivered, originally sold in Melbourne out of Hamiltons. Comes with several thousand dollars worth of spare parts including new clutch, new rubbers, etc. A book worth of receipts over the last few owners. 

Didn't worry about the high miles as I intend to drive the cr@p out of it!

Sounds like I just saved your marriage pork chop...

but I just got off the phone and he said it was mine!

you must have been shitting brix someone else was going to get it. To ease our pain we'll need a picking my new car up road trip thread. Congrats.

Cheers, I think there was a few guys in contention by the time I called at 8am today. Cash up front and picking it up tonight got me over the line in the end I believe. 

Does anyone have info about numbers of Oz. delivered 944 Turbos? From what I recall there weren't a whole lot...surely there aren't many left now irregardless of mileage or condition?

Congratulations vinnytang. Good buy. 

I spoke to the buyer last night, and put a deposit on it then as well... Agreed price and done deal... So I thought. 

It's a real shame when you think you do everything right to do a business transaction... But it doesn't work out. 

It's not so easy, this Porsche buying thing...

I spoke to the buyer last night, and put a deposit on it then as well... Agreed price and done deal... So I thought. 

It's a real shame when you think you do everything right to do a business transaction... But it doesn't work out. 

Jesus mate you must have been gutted, i would have been.:mellow:

Hey mate,

the seller did mention a few people interstate wanted the car, but it seems like he preferred to deal with a buyer in person. I saw my opening and took it, didn't pay a cent over the advertised price. Wasn't aware that he already took a deposit from another buyer though...reading your post was the first I heard of it.

its unfortunate that he agreed to take a deposit from you though and negged out, I've been in that situation before and it's not ideal.

as for the drive home, the car didn't miss a beat! A few tiny things that need tidying, but PO definitely undersold the car in the listing, it's in amazing nick! It even has the original service book up to date!

Vinny

Glad it's turned out well for you and welcome to 952 world!  It's a shame that the seller appears to have behaved unfairly but not your fault.  Commiserations to TAV on missing out on what seems to be a great car.  And Pork Chops, you've been relieved of the potential guilt and perhaps punishment for deceiving your good wife...

That really sucks @TAV but unfortunately is all too common of late in the Porsche buying world. Used to be only with 911, interesting to see that it is filtering across to the "others" now.

Good luck for the future hunt!

That really sucks @TAV but unfortunately is all too common of late in the Porsche buying world. Used to be only with 911, interesting to see that it is filtering across to the "others" now.

I wanna advertise my GTS and tell the guy who finally calls to buy it 3.5 months after I list it that I've got 'several' other interested parties, and EOI's close in 24 hours. Giddyup!  #daydreamer

Unless I am mistaken, the car still IS a left hand drive? 

Well spotted, P-Kay, only pic 11 and a bit of text that I missed, gives it away and I hadn't noticed.  Lefty 944Ts would have a limited market...