That black / grey turbo out of SA 6 months ago for $17k was the pick for sure.  But that was then.

The one my brother got..?  ;)  

He's very happy with it and has had some good work done to it since - a little bit more than 17k though it was.  

It'll come home to me one day I hope unless I can snag the 944S2 that's locked up in a barn in country NSW - 'for what he paid for it'..  I spoke to that owner again yesterday and buttered him up some more.  Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

The 944 Turbo is probably the cheapest '80s classic that ticks all the boxes for the new generation like myself.

Mid-80s design, German, coupe, flared guards, turbo, motorsport pedigree (Group B homologation, Turbo Cup, etc). E30 M3s and 930s took off and I reckon the 944T is pretty good bang-for-your-buck coming in at a half/quarter of the price.

Even the R32 GTRs are outperforming them! And telling a twenty-something you drive a Porsche sounds much cooler than a Nissan...

The 944 Turbo is probably the cheapest '80s classic that ticks all the boxes for the new generation like myself.

Mid-80s design, German, coupe, flared guards, turbo, motorsport pedigree (Group B homologation, Turbo Cup, etc). E30 M3s and 930s took off and I reckon the 944T is pretty good bang-for-your-buck coming in at a half/quarter of the price.

I don't want to burst your bubble of 944 love but its early 70s design.....still cool though

Interesting comment at the bottom of the comments section: "Price is firm, no time wasters please."

I mean, I might be a bit more comprehending if it was a late turbo. But any early Turbo? I just don't see the desirability/collectability, even if it is in good nick.

It's obviously been tracked too, which negates the low kms on the odo to some extent.

I've just reinsured my S2 at the $40K mark. If this one goes anytime soon, I'll be back on the phone to my insurance company. Or maybe on carsales myself!

I wonder if we'll reach the point where the turboed S2 at just under $100K looks like a great deal?

Edited by Plugger2

Interesting comment at the bottom of the comments section: "Price is firm, no time wasters please."

I mean, I might be a bit more comprehending if it was a late turbo. But any early Turbo? I just don't see the desirability/collectability, even if it is in good nick.

It's obviously been tracked too, which negates the low kms on the odo to some extent.

I've just reinsured my S2 at the $40K mark. If this one goes anytime soon, I'll be back on the phone to my insurance company. Or maybe on carsales myself!

I wonder if we'll reach the point where the turboed S2 at just under $100K looks like a great deal?

Hey Plugger how could you tell it had been tracked?  I haven't owned a track car before so I am interested in what the give away's were?

I don't want to burst your bubble of 944 love but its early 70s design.....still cool though

Let's meet halfway, the 924 GTP debuted in 1980 and that's when that iconic 944 look really started to take shape.

As much as I love my 924, the Turbo bumper, rear diffuser and other post-86 updates are undeniably mid-80s. 

Hey Plugger how could you tell it had been tracked?  I haven't owned a track car before so I am interested in what the give away's were?

I think Plugger's assuming the presence of a fire extinguisher indicates track use.  Often, but not always - refer to previous posts re 928 and 944 fires from brittle fuel lines...

I hope you're right, I'm trying to value mine at the moment as I intend to sell it in 2017. If this sells for close to this price then it makes it even harder to value mine??

Who do you insure with Tingy????????????  I am confident that Lumleys wouldn't insure a 944 turbo for $58k, they insured mine for $30k but I got the feeling that we were at top money, I had to send photos, etc.

I am with NRMA Classic Collectible and it took me all of 2mins of me explaining to him to realise what i had after he did a quick google search, I think i will be ringing back to update the policy.

The 'smart' market will inform the vendor, and the dummies wouldn't be buying at this price level would they?

Would they be the "poor" people from the low end of the socioeconomic background?

I think Plugger's assuming the presence of a fire extinguisher indicates track use.  Often, but not always - refer to previous posts re 928 and 944 fires from brittle fuel lines...

I thought there must have been something else, I did see the fire extinguisher but a few of  my mates have them in their classics, just for piece of mind not because they race

I am with NRMA Classic Collectible and it took me all of 2mins of me explaining to him to realise what i had after he did a quick google search, I think i will be ringing back to update the policy.

Would they be the "poor" people from the low end of the socioeconomic background?

I've never heard of NRMA Classic Collectible, I'll have to have a look. Sounds good. 

The club-use rego plates and the fire extinguisher are pretty definitive.

you really think? I don't agree, if anything that says an enthusiast to me rather than just "Track"

All my cars have fire extinguishers - the front engine P Cars have a bad tendency for drip-bang, but then again all P Cars have a higher degree of flammability about them

you really think? I don't agree, if anything that says an enthusiast to me rather than just "Track"

Yes, I really think. There may be club-registered cars out there with fire extinguishers that have never been on the track, but I would assume otherwise unless I had hard evidence to the contrary.

Most non-tracked P-cars don't have fire extinguishers. All tracked P-cars do. Combined with the club-rego, I'd put the probability at > 90% in my mind.

makes the 89 turbo sold 8 or so weeks ago at 45k a bargain

The one my brother got..?  ;)  

He's very happy with it and has had some good work done to it since - a little bit more than 17k though it was.  

It'll come home to me one day I hope unless I can snag the 944S2 that's locked up in a barn in country NSW - 'for what he paid for it'..  I spoke to that owner again yesterday and buttered him up some more.  Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

Did you buy this from a guy with initials NS?