996 C2 Manual Coupe Values

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I want to see arse photos , rubber tyre photos and no baby oil just engine oil , a drip or two at the most !  Oh and I say leather, soft leather , car kink is the new cool I tell ya 

I bet you get addicted

Yes I want to see arse photos , rubber tyre photos and no baby oil just engine oil , a drip or two at the most !  Oh and I say leather, soft leather , car kink is the new cool I tell ya 

I bet you get addicted

no problem, on the condition you don't start lurking around the back of our house if the pics satisfy and you really take fancy..

That would be a good buy for around the $40k mark. Still a bit high at $48k I'd have thought...esp with those km.

Yes someone has re-visited 996.2 values me thinks, he had the price right the first time around.

Been looking at either 996 C2s at around $45 mark, or 944s in $15k area.  Problem I'm finding with C2s is there's a lot of black ones:(  

Even though I'd really like a 996 I suspect I'll end up spending a lot less on a 944, although finding a manual one is a problem too.  Driving an auto at the weekend to see whether I could put up with it, otherwise there is a nice white S2 manual I'd have to spend a lot more on, but at least it's in the state, and I guess the reality is that getting a car from interstate and investigating it properly can add quite a few $thousands to the price....

That would be a good buy for around the $40k mark. Still a bit high at $48k I'd have thought...esp with those km.

Funny isn't it, a 993 could have twice the k's and be twice as much and nobody would bat an eyelid.

• 3 weeks later...

The white faced dials trouble me more than the Targa top.  that said I know the 993 Targas are no go zones but are the 996s any better?  This was briefly discussed at the bowls club yesterday.  Say you spend $5k on a clutch IMS and overall for $70k you've got a lovely 911.  Imagine if a 911 SC came up for $70 and had 65k klms on it and was immaculate, and also imagine it was half the car compared to the 996 in terms of handling, power, and creature comforts such as a working HVAC system...Sounds like a deal to me.  But as to whether they're at market pricing or not I'm not sure.  Maybe a little over, but nice things generally are...

I thought white faced dials were an option (unsure tho).  but yeah i heard targa glass were horrendously expensive to replace.

For the silver, i'm revising my internal pricing guide (although i'd love for it to be higher as now i'm in the owners club), i actually think the 2003 silver is not a bad price, especially with ims and clutch done, i think a fair price is 55-57. so his pricing isn't that far off, and someone may pay that premium for it especially since there isn't many 996.2's on the board atm.  

I think the only real thing in terms of fix it needs is maybe a new AOS, since everything else common is already done.

3.4's are sitting there for awhile though... 

I thought white faced dials were an option (unsure tho).  but yeah i heard targa glass were horrendously expensive to replace.

For the silver, i'm revising my internal pricing guide (although i'd love for it to be higher as now i'm in the owners club), i actually think the 2003 silver is not a bad price, especially with ims and clutch done, i think a fair price is 55-57. so his pricing isn't that far off, and someone may pay that premium for it especially since there isn't many 996.2's on the board atm.  

I think the only real thing in terms of fix it needs is maybe a new AOS, since everything else common is already done.

3.4's are sitting there for awhile though... 

The Silver one's on my list but not sure I can make it to Brissie to look at it.  If only the grey one at Autohaus Hamilton was a manual........

1998 C2 manual. Sub $40K must be getting close to a new low for a manual?  High km's.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/myaree/cars-vans-utes/1998-porsche-911-carrera-996-black-6-speed-manual-coupe/1157479276

yeh that black one was a private sale in WA earlier this year, it was listed at 35k and went instantly...

This dealer must've bought it thinking he could flip it, i think he listed it at 45k for awhile, and now it's dropping back down..

Talked about on page 6-7 of this thread.

that said I know the 993 Targas are no go zones but are the 996s any better?  This was briefly discussed at the bowls club yesterday.  

The 996 Targas are scary also - very rare, very complex and very expensive to fix if they break

That said - I think they look great and if you think of it as just a large glass sunroof and dont open it, the risk cant be too great.....

$65k for a series 1 with a non matching engine.......yeah, no

• 2 weeks later...

This one must be close to the mark. Great colour (excuse my bias), ims done, low km and looks to be in good condition: https://carsales.mobi/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2002/SSE-AD-5079330

Sssh, Quiet!!!!  I'm trying to work out if I can get up to Brissie to look at it.  Bit more than I wanted to pay but....  And yes, great colour, would match our 987....

Nice car.  Has a lot of fat in the price for negotiation!  https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2001/SSE-AD-5090446/?Cr=1

Looks the business and can't be too many mk1's with that low k's left. Would certainly set a new benchmark if it sold at that price, which still compared to pretty much every other 911 manual coupe is pretty good value. If it did sell at that price does it indicate mint low km mk1's are now being considered 'investments'...or are you all giggling into your Penfolds Grange?

For my money if I was looking again this is the one I'd be looking at:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2001/SSE-AD-5022407

Price is firm, that car would have to be perfect and want for nothing at that price, which is too much BTW.

He must have placed that advert as a joke. Surely he'd be lucky to get out of the mid 40s....wouldn't he? 

Archived