996 C2 Manual Coupe Values

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike, must be some more cars that have come to Northern Tassie too very recently.  When doing rego change over today the Service Tas lady said she had processed a transfer of another Carrera 2 a couple of days ago.    probably a little indiscrete of her, but she mentioned the price was just a little less than double the price of mine - which you know......

Interesting........

cheers

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:51 PM, iluvbrownale said:

Has the aero kitted mk1 sold?

No, just revised the listing. The car is now at $69K negotiable. Need to sell it now. Shame it's just a beautiful thing to drive. Like new.

Serious offers will be considered.

Thanks,

David.

15 hours ago, yangin said:

unhinged from reality. I've come to the conclusion that there's people out there who have told their mates how much their car is worth, based on some pub criteria, and are now bound to the 'logic' when it comes to sell. Otherwise there is no explaining $90k for this abomination https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Jaguar-XJS-1988/SSE-AD-1010285/?Cr=12

3 minutes ago, pommymike said:

unhinged from reality. I've come to the conclusion that there's people out there who have told their mates how much their car is worth, based on some pub criteria, and are now bound to the 'logic' when it comes to sell. Otherwise there is no explaining $90k for this abomination https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Jaguar-XJS-1988/SSE-AD-1010285/?Cr=12

Think I agree with you in this case Mike!! 

How goes the hunt for a manual?

cheers  Peter

6 minutes ago, pommymike said:

I've come to the conclusion that there's people out there who have told their mates how much their car is worth, based on some pub criteria, and are now bound to the 'logic' when it comes to sell

Well thats basically any car that is discussed in the pub or Cars n Coffee meets. I think all air cooled Porsches are overpriced, but that's me, and I won't be looking a gift horse in the mouth when it comes a time for me to sell mine. I'll be realistic though.

Back onto 996's. What do people think is the reason their prices are heading up gradually? I'm thinking because of air cooled's are now unachievable for some, or?? 

12 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Think I agree with you in this case Mike!! 

How goes the hunt for a manual?

cheers  Peter

not much out there. Put my name down at a few dealers. More pressing is my lack of garage which is preventing insurance if I do get one so I have redoubled my efforts to find a builder and get it done!

4 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Well thats basically any car that is discussed in the pub or Cars n Coffee meets. I think all air cooled Porsches are overpriced, but that's me, and I won't be looking a gift horse in the mouth when it comes a time for me to sell mine. I'll be realistic though.

Back onto 996's. What do people think is the reason their prices are heading up gradually? I'm thinking because of air cooled's are now unachievable for some, or?? 

absolutely that's why they are heading up, albeit gracefully. They will however always be held back by the pricier 997; resurrect this thread in 15 years to prove me wrong but I can't see a 996 being worth more than a 997 in the future so there's only so far they can realistically go because I can't see a 997.1 going up any time soon.

36 minutes ago, pommymike said:

They will however always be held back by the pricier 997; resurrect this thread in 15 years to prove me wrong but I can't see a 996 being worth more than a 997 in the future so there's only so far they can realistically go because I can't see a 997.1 going up any time soon.

The same was probably said about 964s and 993s.....

1 minute ago, ANF said:

The same was probably said about 964s and 993s.....

I think 993's were always going to be special being the last in the line and never bottomed out anything like 996's but I take your point about 964's, much maligned for so long under the "why wouldya" reply

20 hours ago, yangin said:

Yeah, picture from the ad... 

wow alright... 

se1jpyepbleryn4n09d1f.jpg?pxc_method=fit

I mean did anyone else notice they've used someone else's image, the car pictured is LHD and has the turbo front bar (probably is a TT) 

:P 

7 hours ago, LeeM said:

I know why the prices are slowing heading up, they are great bang for buck.

996’s are like a really good looking better half, great body and personality, you just have to ignore the crazy eyes.

2 hours ago, edgy said:

Yeah, picture from the ad... 

wow alright... 

se1jpyepbleryn4n09d1f.jpg?pxc_method=fit

I mean did anyone else notice they've used someone else's image, the car pictured is LHD and has the turbo front bar (probably is a TT) 

:P 

3 hours ago, Fraz said:

I know why the prices are slowing heading up, they are great bang for buck.

996’s are like a really good looking better half, great body and personality, you just have to ignore the crazy eyes

Don't ever leave a good 996....

D0ptpEX.jpg?fb

13 hours ago, pommymike said:

not much out there. Put my name down at a few dealers. More pressing is my lack of garage which is preventing insurance if I do get one so I have redoubled my efforts to find a builder and get it done!

absolutely that's why they are heading up, albeit gracefully. They will however always be held back by the pricier 997; resurrect this thread in 15 years to prove me wrong but I can't see a 996 being worth more than a 997 in the future so there's only so far they can realistically go because I can't see a 997.1 going up any time soon.

Bit off topic, but I wonder where 991 values will sit in 10 years time vs 997 and 996. I could see them being worth less than a comparable 997

10 hours ago, LeeM said:

I'm sure they are @Fraz I've only driven one very briefly, yet would like to have one for an hour or so, so I can see what they're like on my favourite bit of road

Pity you’re not coming to the Hanger Banger mate, I would have introduced you to Ms crazy eyes.

10 hours ago, TrevMcRev said:

Don't ever leave a good 996....

D0ptpEX.jpg?fb

Crazy eyes red head, great combo. Much like a 996 with a Mezger.

6 hours ago, D2000 said:

Bit off topic, but I wonder where 991 values will sit in 10 years time vs 997 and 996. I could see them being worth less than a comparable 997

When discussing any 911 variant, especially your own, justification is always "the last of". 964's are "the last of the classic shape", 993s "the last of the air cooled", 996 "the last of the cars without lots of electronic intervention" 997's will undoubtedly be "the last for the purists before they went GT" or whatever.

51 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Pity you’re not coming to the Hanger Banger mate, I would have introduced you to Ms crazy eyes.

Yeah, pissed off is an understatement mate ? Thanks for the offer anyway ?

On 11 January 2018 at 5:00 PM, LeeM said:

Just looked at an ad for a low mileage 997- same price as a half decent SC

how long things can stay this way I am not sure.  One has to go up to one has to cokme down.

Archived