996 C2 Manual Coupe Values

He must have placed that advert as a joke. Surely he'd be lucky to get out of the mid 40s....wouldn't he? 

If it was mid 40's it'd be gone in a few minutes, coz I'd be spitting out my Grange and getting on the blower.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks the business and can't be too many mk1's with that low k's left. Would certainly set a new benchmark if it sold at that price, which still compared to pretty much every other 911 manual coupe is pretty good value. If it did sell at that price does it indicate mint low km mk1's are now being considered 'investments'...or are you all giggling into your Penfolds Grange?

For my money if I was looking again this is the one I'd be looking at:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2001/SSE-AD-5022407

Not sure how much he wants to sell this car though - no contact phone number and he doesn't answer messages via Car Sales.  I was in Melb weekend before last and Sydney Monday looking at 996's, and specifically arranged latest flight back in anticipation of driving to Newcastle to look at it, but had absolutely no response from owner, and no way to directly contact him.

Anyway, it's black, Some people love 'em, I'm one that prefers a lighter colour...  And I'm leaning towards a 3.6 so 2002/3

Not sure how much he wants to sell this car though - no contact phone number and he doesn't answer messages via Car Sales.  I was in Melb weekend before last and Sydney Monday looking at 996's, and specifically arranged latest flight back in anticipation of driving to Newcastle to look at it, but had absolutely no response from owner, and no way to directly contact him.

Anyway, it's black, Some people love 'em, I'm one that prefers a lighter colour...  And I'm leaning towards a 3.6 so 2002/3

That's very odd, particularly given it's just been reduced 1k...perhaps he's unaware people are having trouble contacting him...or perhaps he doesn't really want to get a 'more family friendly car'!

wow firm at 83,900 , that's impressive. 

i mean it's a great looker with aerokit and all that, but if it's going to be a "collector" i'd revert the after market headunit and the nurburgring sticker.

At that price i'd definitely be looking at a 997 instead, and in the end that's the issue with 996 prices, as beaut as they are and great bang for buck, anytime it gets into 997 prices, u'd just go.. yeah i'll get a 997.

That seal gray 996.2 however.. wow, first one i've seen in a manual and looks great, cant tell what those wires in the front trunk are for. and no pics of interior unfortunately.

I think a reasonable price is 55k still, but there's a little bit of a glut in sales, and it's a super rare color.. so maybe 60k isn't unthinkable for this one, especially with ims.

Why would a car have 4,259 KM at Delivery?

2001 Porsche 911 Carrera 996 Manual

Demonstrator?

wow firm at 83,900 , that's impressive. 

i mean it's a great looker with aerokit and all that, but if it's going to be a "collector" i'd revert the after market headunit and the nurburgring sticker.

Having now seen that nurburgring sticker, looks like this is the car that had the GT3 side decals and rear badge that was for sale in the ACT earlier in the year for mid-60s and stuck around for a while at that price

Why would a car have 4,259 KM at Delivery?

2001 Porsche 911 Carrera 996 Manual

Tourist delivery or whatever they call that.

I'm 10mins from that car and I've been thinking of having a look myself just because he's close.

Tourist delivery or whatever they call that.

I'm 10mins from that car and I've been thinking of having a look myself just because he's close.

Tingy, I'd be happy to hear your opinion.  I've been trying to get a drive of a manual, and have drawn a blank so far.  We have a P club do this Friday night, so might see if anyone there might have one we can have a try of on Saturday.  Otherwise contemplating a trip to Brisbane to check out the 2 up there.....

I'm not saying it is, it just may explain the kms on delivery, as would a demo vehicle.

There was a run in period I wonder if it was adhered to haha, anyway at that age and kms I'd say its fairly insignificant now anyway. 

There was a run in period I wonder if it was adhered to haha, anyway at that age and kms I'd say its fairly insignificant now anyway. 

Probably doesn't really matter anyway, those engines would get revved pretty hard before being installed in the car I'd reckon.

It is a nice car Dave and yes the price is "up there", good luck with the sale.

Thanks mate, believe it or not had some keen interest which has surprised me at that price. However if it converts to a sale is another thing haha...

Cheers,

Dave.

Thanks mate, believe it or not had some keen interest which has surprised me at that price. However if it converts to a sale is another thing haha...

Cheers,

Dave.

From what i have seen recently you are in 997 S territory for pricing so you probably have some competition, i'm no 996 997 expert though, although i have found myself following this market more recently.

From what i have seen recently you are in 997 S territory for pricing so you probably have some competition, i'm no 996 997 expert though, although i have found myself following this market more recently.

Don't think in 997S territory, more low-mid km 997 (all in terms of asking price rather than receiving).  (Talking manual prices of course)

As long as you are still getting nibbles at that price, all good, although you do risk isolating others who may be interested at a lower price and who think the firm high asking is an indication you won't move

Don't think in 997S territory, more low-mid km 997 (all in terms of asking price rather than receiving).  (Talking manual prices of course)

As long as you are still getting nibbles at that price, all good, although you do risk isolating others who may be interested at a lower price and who think the firm high asking is an indication you won't move

Sure, understand the risk of isolating buyers. The price obviously reflects a lack of urgency.

Also personally for me I find 997's unappealing. So the comparison is a little lost on me, but I understand your point re market factors.

In all honesty, where do you feel I should price this car? Would appreciate the constructive feedback.

Thanks,

Dave.

Archived