996 C2 Manual Coupe Values

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, pommymike said:

I've let the 29,000km one go as I've got some massive bills coming my way and another car being restored. This blue one is interesting as it's also had an interior retrim. Anyway, I'm chatting to the owner tonight to find out more about the car.

Good job.  Will be good to hear how u go......

On 14/01/2018 at 10:47 AM, Morpheus said:

Noob question: why do the Carrera 4 coupes seem less desirable? Is it the extra weight and/or more complex setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isnt there a YouTube where a guy overseas converts his 4wd 996 to 2wd ?

It was a LOT of mucking around for, what I thought, was a smallish weight gain. He was was doing it as he said it felt heavy as a 4WD !!!!

But I think a 4wd 996 in Australia is a strong indicator of an Import when buyers initially prefer local cars.

15 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

It was a LOT of mucking around for, what I thought, was a smallish weight gain. He was was doing it as he said it felt heavy as a 4WD !!!!

But I think a 4wd 996 in Australia is a strong indicator of an Import when buyers initially prefer local cars.

Gawd what imbecile would do that, if you wanted it to be on a diet just change out the seats for lightweight ones, and rims as well .. there wwere plenty of c4 996's sold so not an import issue, just a (right or wrong) perception that continued on from the 964's, 993's - no one ever complains too much that the 964t's and the following TTs feel heavy

52 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

I've read about quite a few people in the US that have done this.

From what i've seen it's less about weight loss and more about making an AWD car a RWD one with reversible modifications.

More manual 996 coupes popping up on Carsales. Is it me or are their values high? I guess there are a few low mileage cars there.

Sorry - by values I meant asking price.

More manual 996 coupes popping up on Carsales. Is it me or are their values high? I guess there are a few low mileage cars there.

Whenever there’s a few over priced cars you’ll see others enter the market and set themselves against those, even though, by definition, anything on there hasnt sold yet.

In my job I’m constantly educating people that just because they’ve seen a car like theirs at a certain price doesn’t make theirs the same value. They’re just two over priced non selling cars.

Whenever there’s a few over priced cars you’ll see others enter the market and set themselves against those, even though, by definition, anything on there hasnt sold yet.

Yeah that makes sense. Interesting that the Targa from Duttons has popped back up again - I thought it sold but something must have gone wrong.

On 1/20/2018 at 10:11 AM, Morpheus said:

Two almost identical blue mk1 98's with tan interiors for sale priced within a few k of each other.

This looks a beauty:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/SSE-AD-5211541/?Cr=2

Looks like disco's super nice low k aero mk1 has sold, advertised at 69k I think last time I looked.

If it sold for near that I'd say comparatively these two look like good value.

Both blue 996.1s look good! The 996 is really growing on me. There’s a 1998 996 Coupe in Adelaide that has a 3.6l engine (with low kms). I take it the owner opted for a new 3.6 rather than replace with a 3.4.

3 minutes ago, James P said:

Was mentoring a guy at Phillip Island yesterday in standard 996 & was very impressed.. the standard 996 is a very capable car as was the driver on his first track day

One of these days everyone else is going to wake up and get on the 996 bandwagon, such an underrated car. 

1 minute ago, Fraz said:

One of these days everyone else is going to wake up and get on the 996 bandwagon, such an underrated car. 

Very true best bang for buck at the moment, i particularly like the early 996.1 C2 for being just a simple raw drivers car.. 

4 hours ago, DT said:

Two almost identical blue mk1 98's with tan interiors for sale priced within a few k of each other.

This looks a beauty:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/SSE-AD-5211541/?Cr=2

Looks like disco's super nice low k aero mk1 has sold, advertised at 69k I think last time I looked.

If it sold for near that I'd say comparatively these two look like good value.

Looks great, but those ebay lights....

2 hours ago, yangin said:

Looks great, but those ebay lights....

Yeah but literally 5-10 mins to change back to the originals which are apparently supplied. Whack these ones back on eBay...think they're quite pricey from memory.

Also a nice looking C4 which has, I think, just dropped its price https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2000/SSE-AD-5087944

8 hours ago, DT said:

I wonder how hard it is to remove the roof mounted aerial. Really breaks up the clean lines

Archived