996 C2 Manual Coupe Values

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The resprayed blue one could be around a while seeing as the seller doesn’t respond to phone calls or sms enquiries. I was interested but not anymore.

Yep. Hasn’t responded to my questions either - maybe it’s already sold.

What are general thoughts re the high kms manual 996 that popped up on gumtree today? I’m mildly interested- does anyone know more about it? Other thread on here suggests it may have come up before.

If it checks out well  with a phone call (and the seller checks out well too;)) it's worth a flight over and a drive home for you Morph, SA is already halfway there.... whack a coupla gorillas off over the phone, do your due diligence with him, check a ppsr  and you'll be back by Wed. Or drop it at Prixcars Freo and you'll be back Monday night. Sure it's not matching no's so get the idea of restoring at any cost or investment grade outta your head. But for that price and a good looking honest 911 , it's worth throwing 5k at it and another 5k up your sleeve for any problems and you've got a great personalised C2 man coupe just how you'd like it. Don't dilly dally, if it's a good one it'll be gone in a few days ..

If it checks out well  with a phone call (and the seller checks out well too[emoji6]) it's worth a flight over and a drive home for you Morph, SA is already halfway there.... whack a coupla gorillas off over the phone, do your due diligence with him, check a ppsr  and you'll be back by Wed. Or drop it at Prixcars Freo and you'll be back Monday night. Sure it's not matching no's so get the idea of restoring at any cost or investment grade outta your head. But for that price and a good looking honest 911 , it's worth throwing 5k at it and another 5k up your sleeve for any problems and you've got a great personalised C2 man coupe just how you'd like it. Don't dilly dally, if it's a good one it'll be gone in a few days ..

Sooooooooo tempting! Solid argument there @Troubleshooter ! From what I understand too it has a pretty solid history. There’s another high kms 996 currently up that had a new engine put in too that is asking what I think is a lot - sure it probably is immaculate but I am comparing those two for the moment (because they have some similar points).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was in Vic it'd probably be in my garage now hehehe - I just don't need it or want it enough to make the journey for a possible no on that car, but If I was seriously looking for a low price one that's about as low as you'll see a manual. There was a shitty one that had definately not been looked after in sydney at high 20's for a little while

• 1 month later...

I'll resurrect this thread from a month's hibernation as there's now another dreamer with a 996 C2 in black on carsales for $69,000 and 150,000+ kms. If it was based on the other dreamers I get how you end up this price, but it rather misses the fact that a dealer asked the same price for an impeccable 29,000km example....madness....

I've ended up buying a W124 Cabriolet to keep me interested in something now my other projects are complete - I wonder how long it will be before an ordinary C2 manual comes up at a price that's actually realistic.

27 minutes ago, pommymike said:

I'll resurrect this thread from a month's hibernation as there's now another dreamer with a 996 C2 in black on carsales for $69,000 and 150,000+ kms. If it was based on the other dreamers I get how you end up this price, but it rather misses the fact that a dealer asked the same price for an impeccable 29,000km example....madness....

I've ended up buying a W124 Cabriolet to keep me interested in something now my other projects are complete - I wonder how long it will be before an ordinary C2 manual comes up at a price that's actually realistic.

Depends what you think is a realistic price and what the market's doing...perhaps the two aren't aligned. Seems like quite a few C2 manuals have popped up in the last few months with asking prices from 40's to 60's, and most seem to 'disappear', assumed sold, pretty quickly. Just the blue one left on carsales at just under 50k...which on the face of it appears to be a realistic price given the market...apparently the owner's not returning enquires.

It's a tricky one, as an owner I have the tendency to play the market up, as a buyer you may have the tendency to play it down, both understandable positions...but the market will do whatever it wants.

I saw a Porsche that was bought from them last year (not the famous Panamera) that was sold with as an immaculate collector car. It apparently took over $40,000 to rectify the faults with the car to bring it up to scratch 

20 hours ago, Pork Chops said:

Except it’s from Lorbeks.

low km car at Lorbeks - don't know why but for some reason I am picturing Ferris Bueller - car on chocks in reverse, engine screaming a high revs.........

I called Lorbeks today as they have got 4 996's in stock, either the entire sales staff had popped out or maybe gone on strike  I don't know but I think they had left the lad who makes coffee on a Saturday to answer the phones.His basic knowledge for all things cars seemed to be lacking when asked simple questions about the cars in stock i might try again tomorrow to see if the normal sales staff are back or maybe that was the normal sales staff?

I've been trying to contact a car dealer for the last few days. Phone either rings out or goes straight to "person isn't available now". I know the phone is connected as I spoke to someone very briefly however they didn't have the time to talk. Perhaps selling classic cars requires a different approach to customer service than all other businesses? 

15 minutes ago, bear924 said:

I've been trying to contact a car dealer for the last few days. Phone either rings out or goes straight to "person isn't available now". I know the phone is connected as I spoke to someone very briefly however they didn't have the time to talk. Perhaps selling classic cars requires a different approach to customer service than all other businesses? 

Walk in there and show any interest in anything they will try to convince you buy it then and there, buyer beware. 

Archived