FOR SALE: 996.2 GT3

I thought I would post this up here to see if there is any interest before putting the car on carsales.

MY 2004 996.2 GT3. I purchased this car in January 2015 with 44,000kms on the clock. Current odometer reads 49,100kms. I am the fourth owner of the car which was originally delivered new to Porsche Center Sydney South. In my ownership I have used the car for weekend drives and some porsche club supersprints, during which time it has been maintained with no expense spared. The car has a host of track orientated upgrades, many of which are either Porsche Motorsport or high quality aftermarket.

• Exterior colour straight Black
  • Clubsport bucket seats in leather with Porsche Techquipment Rollbar
  • Schroth driver's harness
  • Seatbelts in Guards Red
  • Factory options include: Xenon Headlights (with washers), cruise control, white instrumentation dials, aluminium door sills, dealer fitted carbon fibre dash centre trim

Performance Upgrades

• M&M full exhaust system (headers and muffler with centre exit)
  • Cup carbon fibre rear bumper 
  • IPD inlet plenum with 997 throttle body
  • B&M air filter
  • GT3 RSR crank pulley 
  • Cup LSD
  • Cup 4:1 final drive
  • Cup gear shifter and cables
  • Single mass lightweight flywheel
  • Cup dampers with spring rates to match r-compound tyres
  • Cup rear lower control arms
  • Cup toe links
  • RSS engine mounts
  • Function-First transmission mount
  • Brembo Motorsport Type 3 rotors front and rear (two piece)
  • Cup steering wheel

I have all original factory parts which are included with the car.

The entire front of the car and rear arches is wrapped in xpel paint protection film. The gearbox underwent an overhaul 2,500 kms ago during which uprated porsche motorsport synchros were fitted at a cost of $11,000. Service books with full history and all original delivery manuals along with two keys are included. 

There are 0 type 2 over-revs and a precautionary leak down test was performed at 46,500 kms which was within 1-2% on all cylinders. This car has been my baby and I am confident the next owner will be getting an incredibly sound car. If you were to put all of this gear into your GT3 you wouldn't get much change from 50K.

Price $145,000 

If there is no interest on here, the car will be returned to stock condition before being advertised on carsales and the parts listed above will be sold separately.

IMG_3779_zps7406da55.jpg

IMG_3773_zps35788cec.jpg

IMG_3781_zps09f6da33.jpg

IMG_3780_zpsc923a9e2.jpg

IMG_3785_zpsbd581b00.jpg

IMG_3784_zps8e11d2e6.jpg

IMG_3930_zps2c99e329.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps2091b2f7.jpg

@Fraz @GUT THIS IS IT! Would have to be one of the best set up/prepared GT3's to hit the market and at that price it is a steal..............Seriously @spiller your pricing is very skinny for what your offering.

If I didn't know you I'd be calling scam! 

thanks mate, it is a beast of a thing and I wish I could afford to keep it and also fund a cup car but time, space and bank accounts don't always permit. I hate the thought of stripping the bits off and having it stock, I would ultimately like to see it go with all of this gear on it. People in the market for a GT3, this is as close as you can get to a road registered cup car without the full cage, carbon doors and gutted interior. This thing drives to the track, eats 997 GT3s, comes close to 996 cups and best of all you can take it to cars & coffee the next weekend!

thanks mate, it is a beast of a thing and I wish I could afford to keep it and also fund a cup car but time, space and bank accounts don't always permit. I hate the thought of stripping the bits off and having it stock, I would ultimately like to see it go with all of this gear on it. People in the market for a GT3, this is as close as you can get to a road registered cup car without the full cage, carbon doors and gutted interior. This thing drives to the track, eats 997 GT3s, comes close to 996 cups and best of all you can take it to cars & coffee the next weekend!

Really hope you don't have to strip it, but out of curiosity what would you sell it for if you did?

Yes @hugh much much much want.

It's a ripper and would be a very welcome addition/replacement

Alas, I can't even tyre kick :(

I'm secretly hoping @spiller changes his mind for about 6months

I am definitely at the end of my procrastination phase, now is the time...you could always shift some of your aircooled stock :D

Really hope you don't have to strip it, but out of curiosity what would you sell it for if you did?

Honestly stripping it will involve some expenditure on my end so if it comes to that it will go on carsales at a slight premium over what is posted on here. Both to cover some costs and to adjust for any low ballers that one might encounter on carsales, The upgrades might make the car more desirable to certain individuals (they certainly did when I was looking at GT3s) but they don't necessarily add monetary value on the open market. That is my belief anyhow.

I am definitely at the end of my procrastination phase, now is the time...you could always shift some of your aircooled stock :D

Yes, but which one(s)?

Okay, who wants an Oz red wide body 3.2?

How about someone buy my house, that might help:

http://woodardswebbooks.com.au/book-buyer/39-Glyndon-Road-Camberwell

(to our Apex gang friends, don't bother looking for any Porsches there, you won't find any - oh and they have the ultimate modern day anti-theft devices fitted anyway: manual transmissions)

Moderators, feel free to moderate me for a shameless thread hijack. But it's all for a good cause - one step closer to a GT3!

Yes, but which one(s)?

Okay, who wants an Oz red wide body 3.2?

How about someone buy my house, that might help:

http://woodardswebbooks.com.au/book-buyer/39-Glyndon-Road-Camberwell

(to our Apex gang friends, don't bother looking for any Porsches there, you won't find any - oh and they have the ultimate modern day anti-theft devices fitted anyway: manual transmissions)

Moderators, feel free to moderate me for a shameless thread hijack. But it's all for a good cause - one step closer to a GT3!

Long time ago I worked for a guy called Rob across the road at number 40!

Thanks for the addy Gut - an AC 911 owner lives there? Dude must be a squillionaire! I'll be there today to take a look around, what time you heading off to work;) Seriously GLWS, great area to live there in Camberwell (and largely APEX free) a most sedate suburb not on their radar.... They have any liquor liscences in restaurants there yet? and more than 1 pub?

.....Sorry Spiller total thread hijack...GLWS as well :wub:

IMG_3785_zpsbd581b00.jpg

145 is a red hot price for this car. 

Take it as is, grab the original bits and if the prices go for a run and you want to, refit them and sell some of the bits which will more than cover the cost of the restoration exercise. 

I would think if more close to "stock" and it's a 165k car.  Certainly looks the ducks goolies as it is. 

Archived