[VIC] SMT APRIL 30TH 2017 - Revised START TIME (Pls read!!)

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably one of the best drives I've had through this route. Conditions were fantastic and company was great.

Thanks to Phil for prompting this and Hugh for the organisation.

However, most importantly, thanks to the PFA community and all those who attended to make drives like this possible.

What a great day!  My first real chance to stretch the S2's legs on fantastic roads and pleased to see it held its own.

Thanks to all involved for organising, wont be waiting as long for my next one :).

that's ok Niko at least you got to watch the footy ?

oh ha ha....very funny Bafe.... I think I nearly wet myself.:cool07:

i actually only seen the last 15 minutes when we booked in at Moree.

(which is probably just as well)

makes up for the one we watched in Canberra, for you....

Up the mountain I had a guy by the name of James in the car with me. 

Early in the journey up Lake Mountain it was all "#$@%*&^^&%%" and "^&^%$#EWW_)(**"

Then silence.

Then I told him I'd done a bit of driving ... and he relaxed 

You gave James the ride of his life mate, he asked me to thank you for it 

Everyone on the table this morning at breakfast were extremely envious it wasn't us in the passenger seat. 

Steve - he also wanted me to pass thanks to you for the ride in your GT3 - can't get the smile off his face!

Much appreciated to you both. 

Nick

Probably one of the best drives I've had through this route. Conditions were fantastic and company was great.

Thanks to Phil for prompting this and Hugh for the organisation.

However, most importantly, thanks to the PFA community and all those who attended to make drives like this possible.

it was grouse trying to chase the group 2 guys through the twisties with the sc, still surprises me how well a 40 yo car can grip, except for just 1 little lock up... nice to meet some more friendly folks too. 

George 

Just got home after the great drive and breakfast in Healesville and then off to the footy in Melbourne.  Big day but it was so worth it getting up at 4.30 am.  Thanks to Phil and Hugh for a great day.  My daughter Emma like me cannot wait for the next one.  First time that I have ever stretched the cars legs and it was great.  I gave it a small pat on the steering wheel after I tucked it into bed for the night and thanked it too for a memorable day.  Sorry I could not make Lake Mountain.  Was low on fuel so had to go straight to Marysville to fill up.  Lesson for new players always fill up before the run.  I have a few photos so will upload later in the week

It was a great call @Philbee to have this run.  It looks like there might have been a bit of pent up demand.  Did anyone do a head count?  Was this the biggest SMT ever?

Anyway, great roads and excellent company.  Thanks to @hugh for managing the run and thanks also to the weather gods.

I tried to do a @Niko and take photos of every car, but seems I am not so good at shooting a moving object (haha I going to be like a race driver and get my excuses out early).

I knew it was going to be big when 15 minutes early and there were already 20 cars at Tecoma.

This was a nice welcome.

IMG_8673_zps3nkbiem9.jpg

Up to the mountain, still darkish

IMG_8690_zpsnoltcu4q.jpg

IMG_8693_zpsuucpujb1.jpg

IMG_8694_zpswzmsu6pz.jpg

IMG_8696_zpsqdvg0tzx.jpg

IMG_8698_zpsalxhpxqy.jpg

IMG_8705_zpsc9twe7sq.jpg

I tried to do a @Niko and take photos of every car, but seems I am not so good at shooting a moving object (haha I going to be like a race driver and get my excuses out early).

well done Duggy, nice shots.   

Thanks @Philbee for organizing todays drive especially just for me....aaand for inviting all these other blokes along too. ;)

I had a blast! Great to be driving again and what a way to run in the new BoxRod McRoadster. Or what ever it's called!

Just look at that thing of beauty there in the pic below.

No, not thaaat one, the one on the LEFT silly!  

Just realised I could buy about 49 more of these for about the same as @Skidmarks RS!  

That's enough to fill my own SMT!

IMG_8673_zps3nkbiem9.jpg

So glad to hear that everyone enjoyed themselves, great to also hear that generally most seemed to get a clear run. I was surprised at how clean the roads were given the rain & wind we have had over the past week but it was near perfect conditions for a Sunday drive!

It has to be said, the real reason why we can get that amount of cars through a drive as cleanly as that is due the behaviour of the membership base here -  everyone takes care and responsibility accordingly to ensure outings like this are enjoyable for all (Lets say some more than others though ;))

Big thanks to Phil again for picking one of the only dry Sunday's for the month and huge thanks to those that came along and enjoyed it in the spirit of the occasion! :)

As always, looking forward to the next one. 

Think we had 38 on the Mountain and 2 or 3 in Marysville getting a head start on Breaky.

"I am not so good at shooting a moving object" - That's why I stopped for you Dougy !

Great work.

Archived