What next?

GUT

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I want to have my Alfa on the road ;)

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll25/Jeff_Micklem/90D0A3E3-7BD1-4C6C-ADE2-F14DAAC775F1_zpsesjjdxju.jpg90D0A3E3-7BD1-4C6C-ADE2-F14DAAC775F1_zps

(it's a looooong way off!)

that looks a lot like mine that I dropped at a shop many many years ago...

Cant wait for the videos of rust repairs on that one

Enough of this silly talk!!!

GT3

... and with a GT stripe, flame decals on the sides, a claxson horn, race muffler (we're talkin a trumpet, baby!)  and a rear wing bigger than that ridiculous 991 thing !!!  Ride em cowboy!!  

Why would you go from the likes of a classic Porsche to some of the rubbish that has been posted? Got me stumped... No offence

Agree it's hard to go past Porsche. But I have a 928 GTS, a 930 and a turbo powered Carrera, so maybe it's time to branch out. Yes, I'd love a GT3 but they're not exactly cheap and there's a whole world of cars out there to play with, and often at a steep discount to our beloved Porsches.

Why would you go from the likes of a classic Porsche to some of the rubbish that has been posted? Got me stumped... No offence

stupid Porsche prices would be the main reason I suspect

because no porsche currently offers decent value.

over priced and slow for the money currently. would rather put my money elsewhere.
they may be unique in experience but realistically they are just not that great. got me buggered why people are paying the prices, 70k for an SC? many interesting cars for less.

because no porsche currently offers decent value.

over priced and slow for the money currently. would rather put my money elsewhere.
they may be unique in experience but realistically they are just not that great. got me buggered why people are paying the prices, 70k for an SC? many interesting cars for less.

Whilst I don't wish to get into a debate about it here in a wanted ad, and even though I'm very Porsche biased, I whole heartedly agree with that

I am yet to see a suggestion in this thread (or the many other threads of this nature) that raise a compatible proposition to a classic Porsche.............

Find me another "classic" car (30+ y/o) for sub 100k (yes they can be had for that) that offers what classic 911 ownership offers, in terms of performance, reliability and timeless appeal/looks. 

Classic 911's are the ultimate in my opinion and this is evident in their relative values. I drove my 30+ year old 911 to the track on Saturday, lapped it on the red-line all day (times comparable to cars 1/3 of its age and considerable more power) and then drove it home still with half a tank of petrol! 

No bonnet was lifted, and aside from a puncture at our PFA event that car has been the most solid car I've ever owned despite it been driven mostly in anger. I know a lot of people who own a lot of other cars but I cant agree with 911's still not being a good value proposition. They are king IMO, just go and look at the front runners of any group 'S' historic meet and you'll see a pretty solid Porsche representation. My Mum and both my brothers went through and Alfa love affair..............their pitfalls are no secret, sure they appear cheap in comparison but you'll soon realise why they are so (no offence to any Alfa owners). 

I'm all for alternatives but I'd have an old 911 out of anything being suggested here. I've had mine for almost 14 years and I still love driving it, honey moon period of most cars in comparison I'd say would be a much shorter period of time. 

Do what you want, its your hard earned. I would hang onto it though in the meantime.

I am yet to see a suggestion in this thread (or the many other threads of this nature) that raise a compatible proposition to a classic Porsche.............

Find me another "classic" car (30+ y/o) for sub 100k (yes they can be had for that) that offers what classic 911 ownership offers, in terms of performance, reliability and timeless appeal/looks. 

Classic 911's are the ultimate in my opinion and this is evident in their relative values. I drove my 30+ year old 911 to the track on Saturday, lapped it on the red-line all day (times comparable to cars 1/3 of its age and considerable more power) and then drove it home still with half a tank of petrol! 

No bonnet was lifted, and aside from a puncture at our PFA event that car has been the most solid car I've ever owned despite it been driven mostly in anger. I know a lot of people who own a lot of other cars but I cant agree with 911's still not being a good value proposition. They are king IMO, just go and look at the front runners of any group 'S' historic meet and you'll see a pretty solid Porsche representation. My Mum and both my brothers went through and Alfa love affair..............their pitfalls are no secret, sure they appear cheap in comparison but you'll soon realise why they are so (no offence to any Alfa owners). 

I'm all for alternatives but I'd have an old 911 out of anything being suggested here. I've had mine for almost 14 years and I still love driving it, honey moon period of most cars in comparison I'd say would be a much shorter period of time. 

Do what you want, its your hard earned. I would hang onto it though in the meantime.

It's the mainstream line you'd expect to hear on PFA, so I'm instinctively against it, but Hugh is right.

It`s also the community  that comes with ownership, that is in my experience quite unique in four wheeled circles and very similar to Ducati ownership and well worth the entry price.

Agree it's hard to go past Porsche. But I have a 928 GTS, a 930 and a turbo powered Carrera, so maybe it's time to branch out. Yes, I'd love a GT3 but they're not exactly cheap and there's a whole world of cars out there to play with, and often at a steep discount to our beloved Porsches.

Your gotta change your dream genre GUT...Im now on the Juice… that water stuff aint half bad.. you need a GT3 .. Im not sure there is a substitute for that kinda high.. forget further loyalty the other kinda element of Air.. move into a new world of addictions and alchemy….

Upgrade your thinking , get abundant , move beyond the romantic Air cool is a fairytale for sure and you you have enough of those books , time for you to forget cinderella and prince charming..and get into some real Adrenalin and I hate to knock British…… but you know James Bond aint real also !!

If your worried about money , I would suggest you simply forget an Italian indulgence. They are moody ..dont age so well  and more.

You do realise that the new kinda entertainment is green Screen and Console related and there is only one game to play ..   Gran Tourisimo  and you know what German powerhouse is starting in the lead role 

Go on you have our permission !! and dont tell me the Shark counts in the Water depatment cos it dont , the cylinders just go the wrong way about getting the smile on the face ..

Let's see...

GT3 ownership conditions precedent:

- Find a mk1 CS

- Sell another car, or two

- Get a ridiculous price for my house

Not sure which one of those can even be met, let alone all three.

Or get an Alfa 105 stepnose :wub: 

Mid 80s BMW 635CSi.

In 1986 these cars were priced the same as Porsche Carrera .... Today you can pick up a good one for less than $30k. Still has the looks. Maybe even turn it into an Jim Richards or an Alan Grice JPS  hotrod!

The other is a Volvo P1800 .... Beautiful, elegant and run for ever. Prices have been creeping up. Good one for $35-40k.

Let's see...

GT3 ownership conditions precedent:

- Find a mk1 CS

- Sell another car, or two

- Get a ridiculous price for my house

Not sure which one of those can even be met, let alone all three.

Or get an Alfa 105 stepnose :wub: 

the alfa- if you're like me you have a big list of cars that need to be ticked off and it's on there :D

Archived