What next?

GUT

Sadly, in a moment of weakness I let my Carrera go to a new loving home. It is a very traumatic experience for me.

So, to help me get over it, what should I replace this beautiful and fun car with?

DSC_0742_zps3yinp72a.jpg

Yes, I know the answer is a GT3 but unless the market has crashed, I'm thinking something substantially lower priced.

The last time I got itchy feet, I ended up with a 928 GTS and I couldn't be happier with it.

This time, what shall it be? And dare I say it, it needn't necessarily be a Porsche - but preferably will be.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was that a 3.2 with the M491 option???

If so, you must have been very weak at that point cause that ain't one to be let go of ...

Aside from a 930, that was the one to have!

As edgy suggested, a 968CS sounds like fun ...

Don't go Rice! That's what you do before you graduate to Porsche;)

I think symsy and Michel are onto something. Get something other than a Porsche. You can always come back and would probably have a clearer idea what Porsche to buy after being in another marque. The real question then becomes whether to go for something seriously "sporty" or more of a Grand Tourer. In the GT category you have the E Type, Jensen Interceptor, Aston etc. In the sporty you have the Lotus, Alpine, Lancia Delta Integrale, Audi Quatro. I think the latter 2 are really interesting cars that I have considered.

@Dreamr not an m491.

@edgy I like the idea of a 968 CS but can't quite swallow the asking prices of the current stock available - maybe worth it but I need time to adjust! 

@symsy all of those are on the list. I like your thinking. Now find me something on there at a bargain price! That's your special skill.

@michel yes. Where oh where is a good one?

@SimonN and @OZ930 I skipped the ricer phase. I feel I missed out.

@hugh you're not helping!

Finally, @Skidmarks I think I just need to forget trawling through carsales and just go straight to your garage. Served me well in the past!

@Rod C yes to cobra, not sure about 356 replica.

All good suggestions. Keep em coming!

Cool hand (of cars) luke yiu been dealt

Don't  say no to porsche - say hello to 914, 924 turbo , tractor 

ricers ... seriously modified black 240z. Holden block R32 heads ...Grp C 240k...early skyline ...Mazda r130...delve deep into early Nissan 

what about this triple threat - S1 mr2 (supercharged), pulsar exa , X1/9

lancia fulvia zagato

alfa 101

fiat 130

Anything abarth

Gtrxul

Early esprit turbo

ask thiou shalt receive .. keep genuflecting 

Cateram 7. Awesome fun. The one on Carsales would be a lot of car, he did have a later model BDA engined car for sale as well but has removed from the ad. A good one will make almost anything else feel ordinary.

I find I spend a lot of time pondering about what my next car will be. Only criteria is:

• Can't be too expensive,
  • Doesn't have to be a daily driver so roof and AC are optional,
  • Got to make me smile.

Here is what I've been pondering lately:

I've loved Cobra's all my life:

It's a wonder I haven't owned a musclecar yet but worry I'd be disappointed unless it was a restorod like this one, well maybe not so flash but you get the idea:

I like this video of Tim with eyes the size of dinner plates when his burnout catches him by surprise!

What would you have? (Bonus points if you post a video!)

This thread (above) might help you (Click the right turn arrow in the header to get there)

I've just sold a perfect 3.2 to buy.......a slightly imperfect 3.2 so don't be surprised if that happens to you too!

So, to help me get over it, what should I replace this beautiful and fun car with?

Build a hot rod 911 early long hood ...............ST or RsR rep ,,,,,,,,,3.8 350bhp and all the go fast performance gear ...........Or 964 Rs Rep again good solid 350bhp engine 

Or Exige s either the new V6 model or the earlier supercharge 4 cyl cars very go kart like to drive and tones of fun on a public road and track days ,,,I personally prefer the older 4cyl supercharged cars as they are very small and compact ..

You have a dirty  mind @Peter M 

Im all over the shop should have approached this alfabetically

Then there's 

A -utoerotica

abarth 

alfa

alpina

Alpine

B

E3 E9 E10 - and better with turbo

bolwell

C

diesse

D

detomaso

datto

E

early elfin

anything EVO - Mitsi, Beemer etc

F

froggy n cool

G

golf gti

gordini as above 

H

heron

L

lotus

M

matra Bagheera 

merc 190 coswortn

Maserati 

N

noisy 

O... 

Time for coffee and then drop some two stroke in the mower 

Always wanted an Alfa 105. I might still have a series 1 1750 and a 2000 that I dropped off at a body shop almost 20 years ago... I better call them!

Thought about cayman, spyder, 996 & 7 Carreras. Maybe.

I'm drawn to classics and beasts.

I think I want colour but preferably not red.

Building a proper Porsche hot rod would be great but I'm useless and that's expensive.

Love all the ideas.

Archived