What next?

GUT

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

probably awesome on track, scary sketchy fast on road to the point of being unusable I'd say

and I'd be suss on build.  My Westfield clubman was built as a demo car by the guy who imports lots from U.K. So I assumed properly built unlike some.  But I had steering wheel and shaft pull out, disengage and leave me with no steering an hour after I picked it up ?.  It was a MG inspired telescopic column held together by friction of a grub screw through outer shaft against inner shaft.

then some time later a rose joint in the rear wishbone snapped as I pulled into my driveway after a spirited drive through the trees in Red Hill.  I was VERY lucky both times not to have a massive accident.  Never again will I buy a Jerry built car.  

Saw quite a few of them in trackdays back in the UK and can honestly say, never seen a kit car move so fast. However, I can also say with some high degree of certainty that I've also never seen one complete more than a handful of laps before breaking down. An Ultima also held the record for the fastest breakdown in history at the trackday company owned by my friends, bloke arrived with it on a trailer (never seen one arrive under its own steam), started it up, selected reverse and it broke down halfway off the trailer, never to restart. We renamed them the Ultima-te PoS. Saw a couple catch fire as well. 1600km on the clock of that one, bet it's done 4x that on the back if trailers / breakdown trucks. 

Still, at least if you bought that one, when it broke down you can at least be comfortable in the knowledge it's like sitting in an oven under all that glass, so you'll keep warm. So warm, you'll probably want it to catch fire.

In summary : Kitcars ?

I had a vivid dream last night ... So much so that it woke me up.  That led me to doing some searching which led me to this

01616_kol3d8Zjyv6_600x450.jpg

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/6042451343.html

i mean who wouldn't want a LHD ex race celica...it was the rx2 restomod thread that did it to me, I'm sure.

yes I need help.

tell me more about this dream... 

Saw quite a few of them in trackdays back in the UK and can honestly say, never seen a kit car move so fast. However, I can also say with some high degree of certainty that I've also never seen one complete more than a handful of laps before breaking down. An Ultima also held the record for the fastest breakdown in history at the trackday company owned by my friends, bloke arrived with it on a trailer (never seen one arrive under its own steam), started it up, selected reverse and it broke down halfway off the trailer, never to restart. We renamed them the Ultima-te PoS. Saw a couple catch fire as well. 1600km on the clock of that one, bet it's done 4x that on the back if trailers / breakdown trucks. 

Still, at least if you bought that one, when it broke down you can at least be comfortable in the knowledge it's like sitting in an oven under all that glass, so you'll keep warm. So warm, you'll probably want it to catch fire.

In summary : Kitcars ?

there's an ultima regulatly loping round Hobart.. though last time I saw it admittedly was stationary in a car park 

I had a vivid dream last night ... So much so that it woke me up.  That led me to doing some searching which led me to this

i mean who wouldn't want a LHD ex race celica...it was the rx2 restomod thread that did it to me, I'm sure.

yes I need help.

Love these Celicas. Prices ar have gone up over the last twelve months

JDM fest

cp5370157953135388568.jpg?aspect=FitWith

1973 Datsun 240Z Manual

• 10,000 km
  • Coupe
  • Manual
  • 6cyl 2.4L Petrol

Private

For more information on this vehicle please visit:
https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Datsun-240Z-1973/SSE-AD-4685097

Sexy. But asking prices for these are out of control.

yes I need help.

The car I bought when I was a mere 20 years old, was a 74 TA22 celica.. manual and bone stock. I "ruined" it with a 3TGTE, wheels, 4W discs, Konis.. etc... the kid I sold it to at the time, didn't have a licence, he was only 15.

He tracked me down through facebook, and I tried to buy it back! but he won't let it go... turns out he is a lot smarter than I!!

I love these old Celicas.

I like that 240z.

@P-Kay Yeah I'd love an Aussie muscle car

But yeah, maybe the call of the GT3 is just too strong. Around and around in circles I go with this....

Now, where to find one and where to find the cash?

The car I bought when I was a mere 20 years old, was a 74 TA22 celica.. manual and bone stock. I "ruined" it with a 3TGTE, wheels, 4W discs, Konis.. etc... the kid I sold it to at the time, didn't have a licence, he was only 15.

He tracked me down through facebook, and I tried to buy it back! but he won't let it go... turns out he is a lot smarter than I!!

I love these old Celicas.

was sixteen when I got my first and 18 when I traded it for a jdm grey import gt.  stupidly I sold that and replaced it with...nothing.

i do hope the guy who bought it fixed it up.

you didn't ruin yours...stock engine is hopeless, stock brakes are weak.

I like that 240z.

@P-Kay Yeah I'd love an Aussie muscle car

But yeah, maybe the call of the GT3 is just too strong. Around and around in circles I go with this....

Now, where to find one and where to find the cash?

FINALLY!!!

You're thinking clearly ;) 

• 1 month later...

It's time for an update.

What next? The answer is:

'73 S in RS guise

Took her for a decent run around the bay today. 370km in total. Ran like a dream. I think it's my new favourite ❤️

Ooer missus! Liking that mate

I was told about a real 73RS that resides near where I was today. Sadly, never driven ofcourse :( 

That really is sad. If the owner is worried about driving it, give them my details and I'll do a swap - they can take my 'driver' and I'll take their garage queen and corrupt it!

Get in line matey! Though I don't have a spare million or so to throw at him :( 

The owner has quite a few exotic cars apparently. No idea who, what and where, though I'd prefer not to know!

It's time for an update.

'73 S in RS guise

Took her for a decent run around the bay today. 370km in total. Ran like a dream. I think it's my new favourite ❤️

Dark horse. Nice addition to the fold.

It's time for an update.

'73 S in RS guise

Living the dream!??

Archived