[VIC] PORSCHE HANGAR BANGER!

Kerry

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Pork Chops said:

As long as that’s a promise! I ran out of room for anything bigger. Didn’t fancy explaining to production how the boss smashed his Porsche into their set up being a dickhead show off.

Cool. Seeya there then ? And I didn't say I'd be doing skids INSIDE matey! Wouldn't want to crash your car now would I?  ?

On 19/12/2017 at 11:39 AM, Philbee said:

Just a thought.... Anyone going via bayside direction (beach rd), could meet at the last RSR coffee spot (Elwood point) at 930 for a 945am depart. Arrive geelong abt 11am.

nothing like a p-car convoy on geelong rd I reckon! 

Philbee (he who loves a convoy)

I’ll join you for this, also persuaded a guy from work with his newly painted targa to come along as well. He reckons he can bring 2-3 other Porsche owners with him.

Looks like I might have a leave pass to come over so would bring either the Boxster or the 996.  Slight issue on 996 to resolve so depends whether it is fixed by then.  Would look to catch up with Vic members for a convoy down.  Suggested places to stay in Geelong?  Will need to head back to Melb early Sunday morning to get the day sailing back to Tas.

Update on numbers?

cheers  Peter

Looks like I might have a leave pass tp come over so would bring either the Boxster or the 996.  Slight issue on 996 to resolve so depends whether it is fixed by then.  Would look to catch up with Vic members for a convoy down.  Suggested places to stay in Geelong?  Will need to head back to Melb early Sunday morning to get the day sailing back to Tas.

Update on numbers?

cheers  Peter

23 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

.  Suggested places to stay in Geelong? 

cheers  Peter

Peter,

Rydges Hotel is only 2 blocks away, or Novotel on the waterfront about 1km  but a bit nicer. Some of the guys are bringing sleeping bags. There is plenty of room as well as kitchen & shower in the old office area. Hardwood floors are not too comfy though!

OK, booked on the boat, will arrive 7.00 Sat morning, and look to catch up with the guys at Elwood and convoy down with them.  Other half considering coming over for Tennis on the Fri or Sunday so she may come with me Saturday, but will have the boredom of the day trip back to Tassie on Sunday to amuse myself .

At such gatherings do we tend to have any identification with forum name, or is that a bit passe?

12 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

I would love to say yes, you need to wear a sticker with Two Heads Tas on it but that would just be cruel.

But I do like your suggestion it would be easier to put a face to all the online tags.

Was thinking I'd put something next to the PFA sticker on my side window.....

4 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Was thinking I'd put something next to the PFA sticker on my side window.....

Sounds like a plan.  I may do the same.  Lets spread the word.

@Kerry this may be something that sounds a bit lame but we should all have PFA name badges done when you are a FM.  

Something like:

PFA

(Lucky Phil) 

Phil

31 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Sounds like a plan.  I may do the same.  Lets spread the word.

@Kerry this may be something that sounds a bit lame but we should all have PFA name badges done when you are a FM.  

Something like:

PFA

(Lucky Phil) 

Phil

You mean like the PFA polo shirts a couple of us wear which has our forum name embroided on it?
Gather up enough interest to do another batch and I'm pretty sure they'll get done.

Oh and forgot to mention I'm in.

Well I counted about 40 "I'm in"s from postings here, so if we add the 30 Geelong locals that John reckons will turn up, that makes 70 or so cars.  Should be a good display, almost as many as we used to get to MG Nat Meets that used to take 12 months or more to organise!!!

PFA polo tops would be great!!

Just make sure someone does a video of it all. I'd considered driving over, but its too close to being back at work with my new job after the Xmas break, and I don't want to piss them off just yet by taking time off

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

Just make sure someone does a video of it all. I'd considered driving over, but its too close to being back at work with my new job after the Xmas break, and I don't want to piss them off just yet by taking time off

I'm driving over on the Saturday morning, and coming back on Sunday.

Hey @Philbee. I'm conscious that this is not a PFA generated event, simply John's event which he asked Hugh and I to give him a hand organising, and as a consequence I'm reluctant to brand it with PFA nametags etc. I know that John has extended an invite to the PCV and typ901forum (etc etc) members as well... however John, Hugh and I are meeting in the next week or so to tee up final deets so I'll run it past him then - maybe having some blank nametags that people can fill in themselves if they wish to, might be an answer?

As for polos shirts with personalised names... well... lots of people voiced an interest last time, bugger all ordered (10-12 from memory), and it turned out to be a bit of a fizzer. Same with the last t-shirt run I organised. I get the feeling that the majority of members prefer anonymity, however if there is enough of a ground swell, I'm happy to orchestrate something...

Agree @Kerry anonymity is ok with me too & understand it's not a PFA event. Wasn't me who raised the idea of PFA name tags. 

I'll just be  at Elwood at 930 for anyone who wants to convoy down... as convoy-loving, like minded mates do!!

Cheers

philbee

Archived