luftgekuhlt anyone going?

turboT

7 hours ago, turboT said:

Gotta love instragram...

im in. Can’t wait

Yeah I knew when they asked for an IG account on the application they wanted to see your aesthetic and followers, and not having any was probably filter #1 to get the shortlist.

1 hour ago, Coastr said:

Yeah I knew when they asked for an IG account on the application they wanted to see your aesthetic and followers, and not having any was probably filter #1 to get the shortlist.

Really? 😂😂 Wow @turboT, with your global notoriety, I would have thought you'd be a shoe in if that was partly the criteria for acceptance! 

2 hours ago, Coastr said:

see you all there..............10am pedestrian !

On 07/04/2019 at 07:03, LeeM said:

Really? 😂😂 Wow @turboT, with your global notoriety, I would have thought you'd be a shoe in if that was partly the criteria for acceptance! 

Turbot is in with the polo and the IG account - I’m not.

Maybe I’ll start the IG account lol

Going to organise a Friday night and Saturday night meetup, plus probably a Sunday go up canyons. Just low key steak and beer type stuff.

1 hour ago, Coastr said:

probably a Sunday go up canyons.

@Coastr as you start to work out the agenda if you are near the strip in West Hollywood and time permits the sunset GT cars and coffee is on the Sunday post luft. It gets a great roll up and sure to be a bunch of luft visitors attending to broaden out the classic Porsche ranks. you only need an hour and it’s good for a coffee (cafe above the car park is best) and browsing before you hit the canyons and lunch. When I was there in Feb a bunch of GT2/3 and two 918 spiders and two GT Carrera’s plus some crappy mclarens and lambos 🤣

14 hours ago, Coastr said:

Going to organise a Friday night and Saturday night meetup, plus probably a Sunday go up canyons. Just low key steak and beer type stuff.

I am always happy with a steak and beer, however have been hitting the lobster cheese n mac lately here in Panama!

17 hours ago, Coastr said:

will be definitely up for a drive. Benton has insured and registered my 912 so I can drive it around LA. ACH and Palm Springs are on the list for sure.

Looking at arriving Friday - so far have an event Friday night at Benton. Arranged work on LA the following Thursday so have time to fill..

6 hours ago, mph911 said:

its about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs drive depending on traffic. Same distance no matter how you get there...

Cheers , will have to give it a miss.Don't land LA until 6.15 Friday night.............  :(

1 hour ago, Coastr said:

I can spend the points on....more hangar banger tees?

Does anyone from PFA count as a notable car or personality?

I'll have to dream up some prizes for points....................the effort won't go unrewarded though. In relation to personalities, I'd say they have to be well known (ie, if you post a pic we won't be asking who is that?) and ideally a foreign personality - if they are an OS PFA member then that's cool too. I'd say Zwart & Long would be up there, any Factory Porsche racers, Mr Walker would be a good option................Tom maybe able to smooze the Emory & Singer crew................Hey, just thought I'd put it out there! 

1 minute ago, hugh said:

I'll have to dream up some prizes for points....................the effort won't go unrewarded though. In relation to personalities, I'd say they have to be well known (ie, if you post a pic we won't be asking who is that?) and ideally a foreign personality - if they are an OS PFA member then that's cool too. I'd say Zwart & Long would be up there, any Factory Porsche racers, Mr Walker would be a good option................Tom maybe able to smooze the Emory & Singer crew................Hey, just thought I'd put it out there! 

Event at Benton mentioned above should draw a number of the LA Porsche community. I know Bart Kuykens will be there (search on Insta - model/photographer who does a range of black and white photos of Porsche owners - from Belgium I think - now has a deal with Porsche). Will be a chance to see a cool Porsche old school 912 hot rod shop. Emory will be too busy polishing his cars ready for Saturday but will be at the event with his cars for sure. 

Luft will be full of the who's who. Had to reach out to Patrick Long to get my 912 in the event - got back straight away so will hopefully get a chance to meet him at some point and say thanks.

MW is a maybe - spends most of his time in NewYork now.

organising a mid century architectural tour and drive in the 912 out to Palm Springs with Damon from Singer.