Custom 914 Project

Fuel Luke

Hi mph911, my goal is to be sorted for Hangar Banger in January. So, it would be nice to be finished before Christmas, have a bit of a shakedown through Jan and bang it to the hangar Australia Day weekend.

Do you have a thread for yours? Are you in the Aus 914 Facebook group? It's only small, but I just started it recently. 

5 minutes ago, Fuel Luke said:

Hi mph911, my goal is to be sorted for Hangar Banger in January. So, it would be nice to be finished before Christmas, have a bit of a shakedown through Jan and bang it to the hangar Australia Day weekend.

Do you have a thread for yours? Are you in the Aus 914 Facebook group? It's only small, but I just started it recently. 

No thread, I did join the FB Group. You've seen mine on IG...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 19/11/2018 at 18:52, TwoHeadsTas said:

46024622_929705203891578_110159533115965

How's this for one - 

Leyland 4.4 shoehorned in (yes that's right, P76!!!!)........

Tassie car at Baskerville Raceway a couple of weeks ago.

Hope its more reliable than a P76... guess I can't see a tow truck in the background :)

• 9 months later...

It's been a while between drinks, but the great team at Rotunda Revival in Thomastown have got the project back on track. She prepped for paint and sitting in the booth ready to go. I signed the paint colour off yesterday, so as soon at the painter is ready to go, we're in business. 

i.postimg.cc-22382-1567236196.1.jpg

i.postimg.cc-22382-1567236197.2.jpg

i.postimg.cc-22382-1567236197.3.jpg

i.postimg.cc-22382-1567236198.4.jpg

i.postimg.cc-22382-1567236198.5.jpg

i.postimg.cc-22382-1567236199.6.jpg

i.postimg.cc-22382-1567236199.7.jpg

i.postimg.cc-22382-1567236200.8.jpg

i.postimg.cc-22382-1567236200.9.jpg

7 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Luke,

Please post a review of those tyres when the car is done.  Popular with the muscle car crowd, but not often seen on anything sporting.

Cheers, Ryan

Radial T/As wouldn't have been the first tyres I would have thought of, so yes, would be interesting to hear how they perform (might be a while though I suspect 🙂 )

The colour is inspired by this shoot that I did last year. This RWB build, 'Kizuna', was built by my friends at Terror Garage in Bandung so they sent me a sample from which we have mixed a similar colour. They mixed their green from a small door jam sample on a 356 that they have in their possession. They believe the 356's original colour to have been Moor Green, a very rare original colour option. So, my colour will be based on a green that is based on an original colour. So, let's just call it 'inspired by Porsche Moor Green'.

kizuna1.jpg

I decided on the T/A tyres as the first set. I have full intentions to fit something more 'sporty' after they're worn out. The decision was based partly on being influenced by the muscle car and hot rod genres in many ways and also knowing that I don't intend to push the car too hard, ie no track use and not too much silly stuff on the twisties. Sounds odd maybe, given the type of car but she's a life time keeper, and I'm putting a lot into this build, so for the first year or so I will be enjoying the car well within limits and not pushing it too hard. I had some crazy fun in the car way back when I got it in Europe almost 20 years ago, but I was younger then, wanting to push it as hard as possible without really caring about the consequences. I'm never getting rid of this car, so there's plenty of time to try some other options down the road. But hey, if I take the car out and the tyres don't feel right, I'll look at options, no problem. We'll see how we go... 

On 02/09/2019 at 21:01, OBRUT said:

Luke,

Please post a review of those tyres when the car is done.  Popular with the muscle car crowd, but not often seen on anything sporting.

Cheers, Ryan

There was a 914/GT tribute that sold last year in the US with T/A's on and they looked great. They have a nice period look.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1975-porsche-914-6-gt/

6 hours ago, mph911 said:

There was a 914/GT tribute that sold last year in the US with T/A's on and they looked great. They have a nice period look.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1975-porsche-914-6-gt/

Thanks for sharing that. I too will put on a Prototipo, so it's good to see one on that car as an example.