Who's stolen 996 911?

Pokiou

Probably just crossed the double white lines , so had to catch em..

What a dilemma for an owner ,  get them stop them by ramming them or let em go and hope what you get back after their joyride is a better result than that ..

Saw this article felt sick for the victim that had the car stolen.

Not teenagers and they rammed a police car so they will now mandatory  2 year sentencing under the new law that has just come into effect.

Pretty sure no bail and up to 20 years under the new law.

Personally I feel that it should have a X2 multiplier as it was a Porsche that was stolen 

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/first-person-charged-under-tough-new-laws-against-ramming-police-cars-20180405-p4z800.html

22 minutes ago, Grimmy said:

Saw this article felt sick for the victim that had the car stolen.

Not teenagers and they rammed a police car so they will now mandatory  2 year sentencing under the new law that has just come into effect.

Personally I feel that it should have a X2 multiplier as it was a Porsche that was stolen 

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/first-person-charged-under-tough-new-laws-against-ramming-police-cars-20180405-p4z800.html

I spotted the problem

Shocked shoppers looked on as officers used capsicum spray to subdue the pair who were wrestled to the ground and arrested.”

I think it’s high time something with a tad more stopping power was employed against serious criminals using cars as battering rams in the public. 

1 hour ago, Grimmy said:

now mandatory  2 year sentencing under the new law that has just come into effect.

So that will be plea bargained down to home detention, because they've had such a hard life, and they're an ice addict which brought on a temporary mental health problem ?? 

Pfft, the courts here are pathetic. Just shoot the worthless grubs and do the community a favour

Looks like this 911 is a PCA Ltd. courtesy car  !!!!!

And the thieves are NOT recently arrived children from a war ravaged land, but our own home grown criminal body builders who spent a lot of time in the gym behind bars.

I'm all for throwing the book at these guys (and as an immigrant to this, the best country on earth, I'm in favour of instant deportation of immigrants who commit a crime - even naturalised ones).

The problem is, who makes the decision to shoot, castrate, imprison, deport? 

Many cops, most  judges and all politicians can't be trusted, and reasonable people who can be trusted (such as many here) wouldn't do the job for quids.

Having studied and worked in the USA, their system is totally rife with corruption - Police, 3 strikes, and the court system are corrupt. Ask me about the time a cop pulled a gun and stood on my head after I jumped into my own car (1970 2.2S ??).

I have a part solution though - In developing countries such as Ceylon where I was born, if a crime were to be commited, the culprit was beaten to within an inch of his life by his peers before being handed over to the (mostly corrupt) authorities. If the culprit subsequently received a sentence, justice prevailed. If they were released without official punishment, they were be beaten again and again until justice was served.

2 hours ago, stf911 said:

I'm all for throwing the book at these guys (and as an immigrant to this, the best country on earth, I'm in favour of instant deportation of immigrants who commit a crime - even naturalised ones).

The problem is, who makes the decision to shoot, castrate, imprison, deport? 

Many cops, most  judges and all politicians can't be trusted, and reasonable people who can be trusted (such as many here) wouldn't do the job for quids.

Having studied and worked in the USA, their system is totally rife with corruption - Police, 3 strikes, and the court system are corrupt. Ask me about the time a cop pulled a gun and stood on my head after I jumped into my own car (1970 2.2S ??).

I have a part solution though - In developing countries such as Ceylon where I was born, if a crime were to be commited, the culprit was beaten to within an inch of his life by his peers before being handed over to the (mostly corrupt) authorities. If the culprit subsequently received a sentence, justice prevailed. If they were released without official punishment, they were be beaten again and again until justice was served.

The decision to use lethal force is when the criminals are using lethal force.

They could easily have killed or seriously injured a police officer.  Therefore the police had every justification in the world to use lethal force....except they aren't allowed because someones feelings might be hurt, or someones darling 'never did anything wrong' son might end up seriously injured or in a box.  

I know an officer who was the victim of a car ram while following (not chasing) criminals...they were injured and off work for months, and then a longer recovery to full fitness.  We as a society should value our officers (yes, even the ones who hand out stupid fines) higher than our criminals.  Most police officers are decent aussies who are trying to do their best in a tough gig.  The courts and rules stacked up against them is shocking.  We should allow the police to get back to policing and that means making the criminals actually worried about being caught.

I also don't condone wishing criminals get beaten and raped in prison, or vigilante justice.  If we want to use physical assault as punishment, then as a society we should hand out the punishment formally, not turn a blind eye and hope thugs in prison do the dirty work.  It used to be done in sentencing.

Archived