Oak Green GT3 Touring - I Want to Swap for 991.1 GTS!

Bardman

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally took a few half decent photos that capture the colour in different lights.  Unfortunately, these are the pics that I am putting up on carsales...

Beautiful car, but its not a good fit for me at this stage in life.  Now on the hunt for a 991.1 GTS / E92 M3 - manual of course.

dyIGcyn.jpg

FjESHPV.jpg

EOFQxHx.jpg

uXO3IZL.jpg

QsdltWW.jpg

I solved my similar dilemma this way ...

A Ranger to get around in.  Easy on the back, rear seats, tows and who cares where you leave it.

Voltarin.

Easy.

PS - just saw the Carsales advert.  Great pics but baby #2 must be keeping you busy with 150 missed calls ...

2 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

I solved my similar dilemma this way ...

A Ranger to get around in.  Easy on the back, rear seats, tows and who cares where you leave it.

Voltarin.

Easy.

PS - just saw the Carsales advert.  Great pics but baby #2 must be keeping you busy with 150 missed calls ...

:Chuckle2:

21 hours ago, Bardman said:

Beautiful car, but its not a good fit for me at this stage in life.  Now on the hunt for a 991.1 GTS / E92 M3 - manual of course.

Have you spoken to the dealer you bought it from in regards to your plans?

Suggest thats a desirable enough car that they could probably assist with your GTS hunt. I went in to buy a new 991.2T and decided I wanted a 991.1 3.8S, PCM sourced a used car for me in the spec I was looking for

Worth asking if you haven't already

2 hours ago, Ozvino said:

Have you spoken to the dealer you bought it from in regards to your plans?

Suggest thats a desirable enough car that they could probably assist with your GTS hunt. I went in to buy a new 991.2T and decided I wanted a 991.1 3.8S, PCM sourced a used car for me in the spec I was looking for

Worth asking if you haven't already

Thanks - I have spoken to both PCM and Brighton about what I am after, no joy as yet.  Will keep looking.

4 minutes ago, wirthO said:

The old sob story and the price well above rrp.?

Looks awesome! Good luck with the sale. 

Price is exactly RRP.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.  I really spent a lot of time speccing this car to exactly what I wanted.  Even though I had to construct what it would look like in my head, I had a really good feeling on how it would all look together.

None of that makes it any easier to sell, but I'm just being realistic, it will sit undriven for 99% of the time, and I will be driving the boring family car to get around.  Life it too short to be not doing exactly what you want to be doing at any given time, and I want to be driving a fun car!

3 minutes ago, Bardman said:

Thanks - I have spoken to both PCM and Brighton about what I am after, no joy as yet.  Will keep looking.

Price is exactly RRP.

Yes but your car is now second hand and there is stamp duty for the new buyer to pay ($17000) so I suggest that you look to drop the price by at least $20000 for a quick sale.  If not then the back will continue to ache for a while yet.  

14 X 991.2 GT3 on market, a sign of the times?  This clubsport at $350k looks cheap when there a dreamer with a 2015 991.1 on there for $295k 

I'm thinking $200k 991.1s and $300k 991.2s could be a possibility.......?

dolv5eo2jy1likqjdld5u806w.jpg?aspect=FitWithinNoPad&width=480

2017 Porsche 911 GT3 991 Auto MY18

• 7,860 km
  • Coupe
  • Automatic
  • 6cyl 4.0L Petrol

Private

For more information on this vehicle please visit:
https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2017/SSE-AD-5736469

$356k drive away, no options (assuming touring is the same). A decently optioned one does add $50k to the price though.

Clubsport was a zero cost option this time around, but you had to spec your seats independently. 918 fixed buckets were $13k for example. The dearest one i’ve seen so far had about $90k in options.

I can check but most of the cars online are listed at or near what the owner would have paid drive away, (probably so you can haggle for stamp duty) except for the silver one with close to 8000km, that’s got around $30k in options on it so is listed at a bit of a haircut. Lets see who blinks first.

10 hours ago, wirthO said:

Maybe in Singapore.

How about a GT4 and a carton of beer? 

Haha! Not sure that is going to work. ?

10 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Yes but your car is now second hand and there is stamp duty for the new buyer to pay ($17000) so I suggest that you look to drop the price by at least $20000 for a quick sale.  If not then the back will continue to ache for a while yet.  

Thanks for the feedback.

8 hours ago, sleazius said:

$356k drive away, no options (assuming touring is the same). A decently optioned one does add $50k to the price though.

Clubsport was a zero cost option this time around, but you had to spec your seats independently. 918 fixed buckets were $13k for example. The dearest one i’ve seen so far had about $90k in options.

This.  PTS for example was 20k by itself.  Porsche is essentially an options company that happens to sell cars. ?

13 hours ago, Bardman said:

This.  PTS for example was 20k by itself.  Porsche is essentially an options company that happens to sell cars. ?

So true. I added a fully specced Golf gti in options to our Touring ? (and I didn’t even tick PTS...)

Good luck with the sale, pics look great. Been following @oakgruenmetallic on insta. Super colour!

4 minutes ago, itsujack said:

I added a fully specced Golf gti in options to our Touring

Jad I’m sure the options you ticked will be better resale value in a couple of years time than a GTi golf...:Chuckle2:

22 minutes ago, Tips said:

Jad I’m sure the options you ticked will be better resale value in a couple of years time than a GTi golf...:Chuckle2:

Ha! Maybe, I’ll set an alarm for three years time and let’s run the numbers ?

2 hours ago, itsujack said:

So true. I added a fully specced Golf gti in options to our Touring ? (and I didn’t even tick PTS...)

Good luck with the sale, pics look great. Been following @oakgruenmetallic on insta. Super colour!

Looks like I put slightly less on mine. ~40k.

I didn't tick PTS or PCCB but still the options got up there.

You have to be among the privileged few to be granted your PTS wish......all for a frankly ridiculous $20k.  

Porsche option pricing is out of control but they get away with it through exclusivity, you don't want to pay, you lose your spot.  Margin on the upgrades must be massive.  

The $1,600 for keyless start on a Macan was enough  to make me walk.  Can't imagine loading up $90k in options ??

7 hours ago, DJM said:

You have to be among the privileged few to be granted your PTS wish......all for a frankly ridiculous $20k.  

Porsche option pricing is out of control but they get away with it through exclusivity, you don't want to pay, you lose your spot.  Margin on the upgrades must be massive.  

The $1,600 for keyless start on a Macan was enough  to make me walk.  Can't imagine loading up $90k in options ??

It's common knowledge that we get gouged on new car prices here, it is also quite alarming how much cheaper Porsche options are in the UK!!

But people keep paying it so Porsche keep charging it!!

Imagine if you were getting your car painted at a body works and the guys said that will be $20k more for the colour you want......

Archived