Sandown Track Day - Friday 27th September (Grand Final Public Holiday) - Driver Dynamics

**Confirmed Attendance List

• Reddahaydn
  • Troubleshooter
  • Wilburforce
  • Trevmcrev
  • Andy Mack
  • 9fan
  • Peter John
  • KG
  • Andy73
  • dan_189
  • poli84
  • Simonk
  • TP-993
  • PDean
  • Kammo

Waiting List

• imperfectionist
  • GT3LOUI
  • Stevie-O-

Hi All,

As promised, I have organised a track day with Driver Dynamics at Sandown on Friday 27th September  (Grand Final Public Holiday) for all PFA members who want to get out on the track in a safe environment and see what their car can do. 

The event is un-timed, and you will get a 12 month CAMS license as part of the entry fee of $350. It is a safe event with different speed levels. If people are interested and we get decent numbers, I will organise with DD to put us all in a group or two (if we get 30 people, we can have a fast Porsche Group and a slow Porsche Group). Then you are out on tracks with your mates. 

Driver Dynamics can provide a helmet for an additional $20, otherwise your own Australian Standards Motorbike helmet is fine (AS1698, ECE 22.05, SNELL). You must wear full length cotton clothing from wrist to ankle (jeans/cotton long sleeve shirt)

DD also provide lunch and refreshments, safety crew, flaggies, and driving instructors if you want them. You get to do a sight in lap where they run you through each corner, which is great if it's your first time there. Spectators are welcome, and they can watch from either pit lane, or the viewing platform above the pits. 

The day starts at 8:30am and finishes at 4:00pm, and you get a 20 minute track session per hour (20 minutes is heaps, you will be knackered by the end of it).

Garages are available at extra cost (I think it's $60/garage, and you can share between 2) If people were interested in garages, I would book them all together. Otherwise we would just all park up the other end of the pits in front of the garages, so we can all be together. 

There are a bit over 30 spots still available, on a first in best dressed basis. You will need to book your spot via the link below. I have purchased mine already, so even if everyone else bails, at least you know you can spend the day with me 😘. Please note that driver dynamics days do sell out early, and I think a lot of people haven't realised this date falls on a public holiday. Once they do, it's likely to sell out very quickly, so I would advise not putting it off. I believe if you can't make it for whatever reason, if you tell them with a few weeks notice, they can shift you to another day that suits, you don't just lose your money. 

https://driverdynamics.rezdy.com/44567/high-performance-training-and-race-track-driving-day-sandown

It will be a good lead up to Haunted Hills a month later - it's a great bug to catch! 

Any questions or concerns, or if you want any information on how to prepare, feel free to give me a call on 0488 150 002. I was very excited/nervous when I did a DD day for my first time on the track, but then I realised - it's just me driving and I can go as fast or as slow as I like. Turns out I found it  felt safer than driving down the Nepean Highway during peak hour! 

Looking forward to seeing you all there! I'll leave you with a pic of me at my first Driver Dynamics day in April last year!!! Man what a rush!!!! I had nearly as much fun as my son! 

DSC_0119 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0043 - Copy.jpg

1 minute ago, Troubleshooter said:

In like Flynn ... all paid. Redda how do I fork over the 60 for a garage? there was no option through the link.....

Hey mate, Great to hear! Love the speedy response!

if people let me know who wants garages I will book them directly with Brendan who works for Sandown, and let him know we all want to be together. We can leave the garages till a bit closer to the day (they won't sell out) when we know how many, and then pay him cash on the day.  

1 minute ago, reddahaydn said:

Hey mate, Great to hear! Love the speedy response!

if people let me know who wants garages I will book them directly with Brendan who works for Sandown, and let him know we all want to be together. We can leave the garages till a bit closer to the day (they won't sell out) when we know how many, and then pay him cash on the day.  

Cool, put me down for one and happy to share.... and thanks a lot for organising mate, will be a big day, followed by another big day when the pies win their next flag :Beer:

Thanks fellas for the good early take up. It's been suggested to me to put it up on the Classis Porsche Australia facebook page as an event. I think this is a good idea, as a lot of the early interest was based on having a group made up (mostly) of Porsches so we want to lock down our spots before they sell out. 

Happy to leave it here a little longer before I put it on there, but I imagine a lot of you are members of both anyway so it's not really that different an audience. I will also get an update from DD about how many spots are left so I can keep you updated.

Cheers, HM

10 minutes ago, Peter John said:

If one was to attend, should a set of tyres expect to be cooked post event? Would be my virgin experience. And looking to make a call tomorrow!

Hi Peter, good question and a common misconception before peoples first track day. I thought the same thing before mine. 

On standard road tyres and on my first track day, I couldn't even tell they had been used. 

Road tyres are hard, and on your first day you won't be anywhere near setting lap records - it's likely to be no harder on your tyres than a 100km spirited run through the hills. Especially at Sandown where it's 2 straights connected by a couple of corners. 

Hopefully you can make the day, and if you have any other questions I'm happy to help out mate!

18 hours ago, reddahaydn said:

Thanks fellas for the good early take up. It's been suggested to me to put it up on the Classis Porsche Australia facebook page as an event. I think this is a good idea, as a lot of the early interest was based on having a group made up (mostly) of Porsches so we want to lock down our spots before they sell out. 

Happy to leave it here a little longer before I put it on there, but I imagine a lot of you are members of both anyway so it's not really that different an audience. I will also get an update from DD about how many spots are left so I can keep you updated.

Cheers, HM

Haydn,

I am in and happy to share a garage with you. Will book later today.

Cheers, Mark.

1 hour ago, Mike-S said:

Balls, I’ll be at a wedding on the 27th. In the UK. I don’t *think* I can make both....

Enjoy the day everyone, DD days are really good 👍

That's ok mate, I'm sure they will understand. Make sure you post their card/gift by the 12th so it reaches them on time 😉