SOLD - 1990 964 C2 Coupe, Aust delivered

For sale - 1990 Porsche 964 C2 sunroof coupe tiptronic - 166000kms - books and service history. 

Australian delivered, matching numbers, guards red and unmolested aside from some minor cosmetic mods that will be reversed prior to pickup (unless desired by the new owner).  Affectionately known as #dadrod or #dadtronic on social media, including a feature on Porsche’s own @Type7 channel.  

By way of background, I purchased this car about a year ago to see if a tip 964 (with its semi auto box, good air con, power steering, ABS etc etc) was a viable daily driver.  The answer is a resounding Yes.  I have been enjoying this car, usually with my two young sons riding along and BMX’s on the roof rack.  In fact, I’ve enjoyed it so much I’m going to build a madder Mk2 version - and I’m selling this one as I can’t bare to cut it up given how original it is. 

Back to the car, it is in excellent overall condition and dead stock down to the flag mirrors, D90 wheels and original radio cassette.  Black leather interior with powered seats, all gauges and electrics work, new Michelin tyres fitted approx one year ago, major service when I purchased including tiptronic service and fluid replacement. Just before I purchased the car Figret Bagatir (ex Kremer) did an engine strip down and rebuild to replace the through bolts (known 964 weakness and oil leak creator) and their O-rings. As a result, the engine pulls strongly and is totally oil leak free.  Figret mentioned that the engine was “like new” inside.  The gearbox works perfectly in either auto or manual mode. 

I bought the car in Melbourne and drove it home to Sydney with zero issues. Dave at Cavaco Motors has looked after the car in Sydney.  Dave looks after my road going 911’s and can attest to how I maintain my rides. 

The car is currently fitted with a (stylistically polarising) 1990 Momo Bennetton steering wheel. I will refit the stock wheel unless someone LOVES this piece of period correctness as much as I do. I would much prefer to keep it though...  

I had a second set of D90’s restored and painted in guards red for that colour matched early 90’s vibe.  Buyer’s choice of the red wheels or the original silver wheels that were delivered with the car.  If the latter, I will have the tyres swapped over and the wheels balanced at my expense.  The red wheels do rock though. 

I will also remove the roof rack and basket unless the new owner wants to keep the #dadrod utilitarianism alive.

Unused spare wheel and full toolkit accompany the car. I swapped the electric aerial out for a fixed shorty unit as it annoyed me.  The original aerial comes with the car.  I also swapped the Carrera2 badge for a Sportomatic sticker.  The original badge comes with the car also. 

Asking price $115k neg. This is in line with the cheapest 964 coupe on Carsales, which has nearly double the mileage of my car. 

Cheers, Ryan
Pls call on 0414 5 ten 5 eighteen or PM me via PFA

Ps.  Go drive a tipper if you haven’t. They are fun and usable cars. 

37 minutes ago, poli84 said:

Sad to see you sell this Ryan, cool personalisations done with a great back story and purpose to the car.

Thank you - there will be a Mk2!

31 minutes ago, LeeM said:

"Stylistically polarising Momo..."  That's not like you Ryan! 😁

Or “haters gonna hate” as the kids would say...

1 hour ago, Harold996tt said:

Another bloody cool modfest by you @obrut. Someone here pls buy it so it stays in the pfa family. 

Thanks mate, that’s the plan. Hoping to move it along here before I wade into carsales...

Plus I know I’d be better off taking it back to dead stock for the carsales crowd. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, a few nibbles but no bites.  I’m keen to move onto a new project so price drop to $109k.

Most of the nibblers seem to want the car back to stock so I’ll remove the roof rack and refit the standard steering wheel shortly.  Red wheels seem to play well though.

2 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Ok, a few nibbles but no bites.  I’m keen to move onto a new project so price drop to $109k.

Most of the nibblers seem to want the car back to stock so I’ll remove the roof rack and refit the standard steering wheel shortly.  Red wheels seem to play well though.

If they are only nibblers why worry? Surely a serious person will see that it could be changed easily...

4 minutes ago, edgy said:

Idiots with  no taste! 

Agree!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...