1984 911 Australian Delivery numbers.

JEP944

6 hours ago, JEP944 said:

Hi all i was wondering if anyone could tell me the number of Australian delivered 911’s in 1984 and list prices at the time.

thanks. JEP

I recall that most of that info has been posted previously on this forum and even a photo of a 1988 price list.  I think there is a copy of a Wheel's magazine test somewhere too that shows the list prices for 1984. 

Sorry I can't post a link so you'll need to do some forum searches.

EDIT: Found the 1984 test but Photobucket has fucked it!

https://porscheforum.com.au/topic/4909-wheels-may-1984-hamilton-porsche-drive-day-story/

Looked at original March 1984 article that I have and they stated $61,493.

A similar May '86 test showed the effect of the plunging dollar:

1/11/86 - $79,723

1/2/86 - $83,727

5/4/86 - $92,723

Oh the good old days of the almost Banana Republic and 18% interest rates.... 

On 27/11/2019 at 17:12, Peter M said:

I recall that most of that info has been posted previously on this forum and even a photo of a 1988 price list.  I think there is a copy of a Wheel's magazine test somewhere too that shows the list prices for 1984. 

Sorry I can't post a link so you'll need to do some forum searches.

EDIT: Found the 1984 test but Photobucket has fucked it!

https://porscheforum.com.au/topic/4909-wheels-may-1984-hamilton-porsche-drive-day-story/

Click on the link to Photobucket

Click on any picture

Enlarge and read

21 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

Click on the link to Photobucket

Click on any picture

Enlarge and read

Thanks Brian, didn't know you could still access the photos via the poster's Photobucket album.

So they're not complete bastards....just 99% 

2 hours ago, 911barber said:

ide love to see a breakdown on those numbers if anyone knows, eg colours and what states they were delivered to?

The colour is one spec I have not seen any information on for the G series 911, would be interesting if there were years available.

One would expect all these details are on record somewhere at head offices, yet no one has drilled down into these finer details, we just get numbers per Country per year -_-

12 hours ago, 911barber said:

in 1980 my sc was one of 62 cars that come into the country

ide love to see a breakdown on those numbers if anyone knows, eg colours and what states they were delivered to?

cheers

George

So would I George as that’s 2 of the 62 cars on here that were delivered in 1980👍
mines a coupe, delivered by SVM in Syd and wIll check but think it’s a May build. Based on delivery sheet mine was originally Moca Brown with beige interior.

4 hours ago, 911barber said:

in 1980 my sc was one of 62 cars that come into the country

cheers

George

I can't remember where I got the information but I know that mine was 1 of 2 delivered here in my colour ... and I know the states they were delivered in.

Gotta be out there somewhere ..

Thanks for the info. I just purchased a 1984 3.2 Carrera Cabriolet Australia delivered (NSW) and like all the statistics one of 1735 euro spec built and one of 43 sent to Australia sounds good to me.👍

I wanted a coupe for 10+ years but we can only have what we can afford and got a cabriolet instead.

i thought it would be noisy and rattle, but It is very quiet with no rattles at all. Amazing  for a 35 year old car.

It has back seat lower pads but it is a 2 seater on the compliance plate?

Does anyone know if the 2 seaters come with no seat pads/seatbelts etc??

was Ruby Red/Black interior now Montego black/Grey interior.

JEP

E0EA9963-66F4-49E5-9677-F12A679038A1.jpeg

ED8477E3-B73E-4D21-9013-35DFAEE59594.png

On 02/12/2019 at 12:44, 1st said:

MY1984 Aust deliveries:

Carrera - 55

Carrera Targa - 14

Carrera Cabrio - 43

930 - 11

928S - 116

944 - 205

Cheers

@rhdporsche - instagram

Just a quick question why are Porsche Australia records different than these numbers ? They only have 6 sales records for 84 cabriolets listed. 

On 05/12/2019 at 19:21, Dalai said:

I'm glad you didn't. Just had a week down in Tassie - drove ~2500km of the best twisty roads and it worked flawlessly! Very happy custodian and have no plans of moving it on.

More than happy that it ended up in a good home and is being used as intended! - Great car 

• 1 month later...
On 04/12/2019 at 23:01, PhilH said:

I should have kept it🙂

I did keep mine, 1984 guards red and the first Carrera delivered in Johannesburg. Still have it, and it still makes me smile.  I paid around R70k at the time that there was reasonable parity between our A$ and the SA Rand.  I think.

I don't drive it enough, although I did drive it yesterday and yes, it made me smile and think "Why don't I get this out of the shed more often?"

It is a bit of a wake up call when one buys a car brand new out of the box and owns it long enough that you can put historic plates on it.