Scarlet - A neglected ‘84 Carrera 3.2 project

Lachlan.M

Hi all,

I recently posted over in the introduction section. I joined in 2016 but never posted anything, as I felt I didn’t have too much to share!

I bought my 1984 Carrera when I was 22, and it spent the first years in my hands getting driven hard around the Tamworth area. 

Work and other excuses got in the way and the cars been mothballed for three years. But I’ve just moved to Bathurst and I’m hopefully now in a position to start tumbling down the slippery slope of 911 ownership/repair/modification.

I’ll just start with a teaser photo of the car as it sat a few weeks ago prior to the big move.

Nice to meet you all and would love to get to know if there is anyone nearby (especially if you can spin a wrench and you’re happy to teach), as I’ll probably need all the help I can get.

Cheers.

85384303-EDD9-484F-B277-A7EB6B42BD66.jpeg

Ok i'm going to be the first to say this but something is odd about the shape of the car. Maybe it's the lighting or the angle but the tail doesn't look right and a couple of other odd things or maybe I've just been sucked into a joke that I haven't got yet😁

4 minutes ago, 3legs said:

Ok i'm going to be the first to say this but something is odd about the shape of the car. Maybe it's the lighting or the angle but the tail doesn't look right and a couple of other odd things or maybe I've just been sucked into a joke that I haven't got yet😁

My guess is its got a turbo tail. 

4 minutes ago, 3legs said:

Tea tray tail and widened guards?  M491 option?

1 hour ago, 3legs said:

Yeah I thought that also but look at the way the cover dips at the rear. Almost looks like a Kremer tail.

I got the impression of a after market tuner tail also like Kremer ,, DP motorsport ,,gemballa etc or worlds largest Gurney flat :Jumping: