On 02/11/2020 at 18:49, DJM said:

Covid has infected peoples brains - how is an import non M030 968 CS possibly worth $95k?  

fark.....or maybe I’m still bitter I didn’t buy John Bowe’s red on white local CS M030 for $50k a few years back....

that blue one is 👌

I agree.

• 1 month later...
On 02/11/2020 at 14:11, Buchanan Automotive said:

You could order a 968CS "new" with front and rear seats , but of course the front seats backrests would need to tilt , but this was not a common option , the standard 968CS came with the "Racing " style bucket seats with cloth inserts & these seats the back rest will not tilt as its fixed  & being this car has the rear parcel tray ( no rear seats )  , this car would most likely had from new the Racing Style buckets , but they did not have the word Recaro on them in big clear letters , so the seats in this car are most likely a replacement at time time in its past   

Agree, not original Porsche seats that come with 968 CS.   

8 hours ago, Jason E said:

Agreed, it is a lovely thing.

I know the tipper haters will scream at me but as a daily this would be outstanding.  Pity the price makes it sit in 911 territory.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1992-porsche-968-auto/SSE-AD-6715903/?Cr=2

That price is ridiculous 

20 hours ago, JLD said:

That price is ridiculous 

Yep

1 hour ago, Jason E said:

$45k & I would buy it in a heartbeat.  It'd make a beautiful daily & with those low k's & obvious well kept life it would be a real keeper.

Yep

1 hour ago, MARTY said:

I totally agree it might have low km’s but surely isn’t worth that

Yep

Nice car but, CS's weren't even worth this a few years ago let alone a tipper

17 minutes ago, TINGY996 said:

Yep

Yep

Yep

Nice car but, CS's weren't even worth this a few years ago let alone a tipper

It's funny/ interesting isn't it?   If you've owned a 944 then you'll know how good a 968 will handle (even in a tipper).  And this has got to be about as close as you can come to owning a new 968 these days.  BUT at this price you can still get 911s with low Ks around this money.  This car IS worth this money, it's just not worth THIS money.  If you know what I mean...........  

2 hours ago, Jason E said:

It's funny/ interesting isn't it?   If you've owned a 944 then you'll know how good a 968 will handle (even in a tipper).  And this has got to be about as close as you can come to owning a new 968 these days.  BUT at this price you can still get 911s with low Ks around this money.  This car IS worth this money, it's just not worth THIS money.  If you know what I mean...........  

I do get what you are saying. I bought a very low k old X5 with the same reasoning, but it was only about 10% more than a much higher kilometre equivalent. 

Knowing you can get a 2.9l or 3.4l Cayman or Boxster with PDK for the same money that is 20 years younger and has the same ks makes that 968 tough to consider at that price. At $70k I would take the Cayman or Boxster over the 968.

eg https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2009-porsche-boxster-s-987-auto-my10/OAG-AD-19410211

13 hours ago, JLD said:

Knowing you can get a 2.9l or 3.4l Cayman or Boxster with PDK for the same money that is 20 years younger and has the same ks makes that 968 tough to consider at that price. At $70k I would take the Cayman or Boxster over the 968.

I agree totally HOWEVER the only advantage the 968 would have over every other Porsche (excepting of course the Macan/ Cayenne & 928 to a degree) when you are talking daily drivers is that they are truly practical sports cars.  I was always amazed at what could fit in the back of my 944.   As a daily tipper (even more practicular 😀) I think they are unbeatable.  If you needed one car & wanted the sporty alternative, cracking. 

43 minutes ago, Jason E said:

I agree totally HOWEVER the only advantage the 968 would have over every other Porsche (excepting of course the Macan/ Cayenne & 928 to a degree) when you are talking daily drivers is that they are truly practical sports cars.  I was always amazed at what could fit in the back of my 944.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrCJbMFFKdZ/

21 hours ago, JLD said:

I do get what you are saying. I bought a very low k old X5 with the same reasoning, but it was only about 10% more than a much higher kilometre equivalent. 

eg https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2009-porsche-boxster-s-987-auto-my10/OAG-AD-19410211

You know what, you can't compare the 968 to a Cayman, there's quite a few reasons why. I had a conversation with someone on the forum about this yesterday, you just can't compare the 2, they totally different in so many ways.

2 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

You know what, you can't compare the 968 to a Cayman, there's quite a few reasons why. I had a conversation with someone on the forum about this yesterday, you just can't compare the 2, they totally different in so many ways.

Sure, but I guess I mean from a value proposition for a sports car... I know it’s comparing apples with oranges, but for me it would be difficult spending $70k on a 30 year old 3.0l 968 vs a 10 year old 3.4l Boxster S.

You could even compare to a 996 vs the 968, both water cooled coupes. The 996 would win for me, hence me thinking the 968 is overpriced 

54 minutes ago, JLD said:

You could even compare to a 996 vs the 968, both water cooled coupes. The 996 would win for me, hence me thinking the 968 is overpriced 

I think this is the most relevant comparison.  A good 996 is plus or minus 60K or so.  A 997 starts about mid 80's.  Both have the cache of also being 911's.  911's are beautiful machines.  I like the look of the 968 but the 911 gives me a horn that the 968 doesn't.  My wife said, "the 911 is sexy, the 968 is yucky".   Hard to invest 70k in a yucky car.

I think they're pretty & I know they drive extraordinarily - but only worth grabbing at a price.

More practical than a 911 though.  I keep saying, it would make a great daily or GT. 

13 minutes ago, jakroo said:

Maybe you need to rethink your anti black 968 thought, and I should also rethink my won't sell sentiment.....and it won't be 70k either 🙂

Sadly I think we're too late.  I'm awaiting a PPI on another little number from here in Brissy.