Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Yesterday we took Arfur (world's slowest vehicle) to the aths track ; we were faster over 800m  :)

Today we took Le Frog to Baskerville raceway for the PCT hillclimb ; 36 cars , perfect weather , perfect day and this year no pirouettes from me - so perhaps I wasn't trying as hard as other days...

HC131.jpg

HC132.jpg

Yesterday....to Newcastle and back in torrential rail the entire trip!  Gotta love the Boxster soft top.  Not a single drop inside the car!  I actually got to use my variable intermittent wiper update which I installed about 1 month ago.  Works perfectly!

huh?  tell me more

Bafe, the base Boxster (986) has intermittent wipers but they are one speed only, approximately 10 second interval.  The Boxster "S" has a different wiper control module, plus a dash mounted potentiometer which allows you to dial up a different interval, anywhere between 3 seconds and 30 seconds.  It's a very easy upgrade to do and one that is quite useful, plus it gets rid of one of the switch blanks in the dashboard.  I bought a secondhand potentiometer from ebay as well as a secondhand control module.  A couple of wiring modifications and it's done.  Looks standard, plus I took the extra effort to wire in the internal switch illumination. 

I don't know what the arrangement with the 987 is, they'll certainly be different switches.

Bafe, the base Boxster (986) has intermittent wipers but they are one speed only, approximately 10 second interval.  The Boxster "S" has a different wiper control module, plus a dash mounted potentiometer which allows you to dial up a different interval, anywhere between 3 seconds and 30 seconds.  It's a very easy upgrade to do and one that is quite useful, plus it gets rid of one of the switch blanks in the dashboard.  I bought a secondhand potentiometer from ebay as well as a secondhand control module.  A couple of wiring modifications and it's done.  Looks standard, plus I took the extra effort to wire in the internal switch illumination. 

I don't know what the arrangement with the 987 is, they'll certainly be different switches.

Ah ok, yeah the 987 has that as standard.  

I was thinking perhaps you'd come up with a speed sensitive system or something..

cheers...

• 3 weeks later...

Bafe and I went on the Escape run Sunday to Sugarloaf Dam. He in the Boxster and We in the 996. I didn’t see him and he didn’t see me.

Must have been because of old those old cars (at least 70 of them) in the way.

Was a good run too!

I saw you at the end but no chance to say g'day i'm sorry...

• 2 weeks later...

Collected my car from the depot at perth airport and drove to my mates house to put her away till my place down the road is ready..... Sorry I haven't been around here lately but won't be properly settled till the 6th, so I'm stealing the internetz from my mate just to give a quick update.

A mate of mine has previously asked to go for a ride in the car.

so yesterday i picked him up with the view to do Warrandyte, Kinglake, Healesville and home.

get to the end of Springvale Rd, turn on to Reynolds Rd,  then take the first left and a scared voice next to me says...

" i don't like corners or going fast"

So that was an entertaining trip, dropped the Kinglake Rd idea and just headed to Yarra Glen and Healesville at a VERY leisurely pace….

<_<

grrrrr

so yesterday i picked him up with the view to do Warrandyte, Kinglake, Healesville and home.

get to the end of Springvale Rd, turn on to Reynolds Rd, then take the first left and a scared voice next to me says...

So that was an entertaining trip, dropped the Kinglake Rd idea and just headed to Yarra Glen and Healesville at a VERY leisurely pace….

<_<

grrrrr

Bit of a downer..........

get to the end of Springvale Rd, turn on to Reynolds Rd,  then take the first left and a scared voice next to me says...

<_<

I think your mate must be a close relo of my missus.

grrrrr

Seriously i was gob smacked… 

had a green light to turn right from Springvale to Reynolds Rd so went thru at about 30-40 kph and he says "gee it goes around corners well" 

I thought he was taking the p1ss...

the very next corner is a left just a bit tighter than90 degrees and I flick it in (1st gear)..

"OMG I DON'T LIKE CORNERS"

He would die on an escape run...

I told him next time i'm looking for a navigator i'll go down the list and skip him….

please don't get me wrong he's a great mate but i was soooo looking forward to going for a zip and it all turned to sh1t

we all learn i guess

had a green light to turn right from Springvale to Reynolds Rd so went thru at about 30-40 kph and he says "gee it goes around corners well" 

the very next corner is a left just a bit tighter than90 degrees and I flick it in (1st gear)..

I told him next time i'm looking for a navigator i'll go down the list and skip him….

please don't get me wrong he's a great mate but i was soooo looking forward to going for a zip and it all turned to sh1t

we all learn i guess

Don't shoot me for saying this but, I really don't think these are great cars to be a passenger in. I really found it hard to sit in my passenger seat on the GOR. I was as sick as a dog, car sick. Low to the ground, the noise and cornering - within 10 mins I was quite unwell. So maybe that had something to do with it?

we all learn i guess

Davo came with me one escape run, I had to stop three times for him to cough up some carrotts