Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

I opened the garage door this morning to put the recycling out and went Oh no, my Porsche has been stolen. Then I put the door up and noticed it parked behind my other car.

Turned out that my son "borrowed it" last night because he had no petrol in his car. So I drove it all of 5km to the hospital because I couldn't be arsed shifting cars around. Via the petrol station, cos the fuel light was on.

My 16 yo has been driving for a month. So far he's been using the Outback and the Accent (other son's drives). Today we went for an hour long jaunt in the 924 . He loved it ; is driving very competently. I really enjoy watching/feeling them learn.

My 16 yo has been driving for a month. So far he's been using the Outback and the Accent (other son's drives). Today we went for an hour long jaunt in the 924 . He loved it ; is driving very competently. I really enjoy watching/feeling them learn.

Has the 924 found a new owner?

:)

Drove to Sydney and stumbled upon a mint 930 .... played forward and backwards all the way down the M1 ... Ended up at SteveF's house to check out his non-Porsche (sorry .... his new Audi TT) ... absolutely stunning!

Took the Old Pacific Hwy back to Brooklyn, then a leisurely run on the M1 back to the Coast ...

Life doesn't get much better ....

Just got back after being blasted at a Kevin Borich concert.

This morning James wanted to drive to coffee and cars , after being a passenger for the past 5 years...

No shame in bunking next to a slightly more modern P car

IMG_3788.jpg

Afterwards , went for a decent drive 1/2 way up the mountain , back through the city and home through the burbs , up the hill & back. Going well is the lad !

Took the Carrera for a nice long drive from Point Lonsdale to Port Campbell and back with a detour up into the hills at Lorne.

Lots of traffic during daylight hours but clear on the way back in the dark.

Over 500kms and the car lapped it up - didn't skip a beat.

Next time will be in the 930. I haven't taken it through the twisties yet. It'll be interesting to see how it goes with the 4 speed. I could wring the Carrera's neck without any worry but I think the turbo might be a different story.

Took the Carrera for a nice long drive from Point Lonsdale to Port Campbell and back with a detour up into the hills at Lorne.

Lots of traffic during daylight hours but clear on the way back in the dark.

Over 500kms and the car lapped it up - didn't skip a beat.

Next time will be in the 930. I haven't taken it through the twisties yet. It'll be interesting to see how it goes with the 4 speed. I could wring the Carrera's neck without any worry but I think the turbo might be a different story.

The turbo will be fine. You shouldn't need to get out of second in the twisties. Just make sure you have a dry day..

The turbo will be fine. You shouldn't need to get out of second in the twisties. Just make sure you have a dry day..

A lot of the corners feel like they'd be first gear corners for the 930. Booting a 930 at 50km/h in first gets interesting as I'm sure you know :)

Went for an early run up the old pac hwy. Left my place about 5:45 up past Calga through the tight section before turning around and coming home (Road Warriors not even open at that time). Think my old radio came on heading down towards Mooney Mooney, so that's about an hour 15mins for it to start working! I'm used to it now, used the scare the crap out of me with the sudden static, you think something on the car has lunched itself. Just 1 Elise and a lambo heading up as I was coming home.