Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Took a trip up to the hunter via Cessnock, tasted and bought some great wine, enjoyed a picnic lunch looking at the view. Whilst a double pointer weekend and very light traffic I did risk a little spirited driving through the twisties on the way back via Broke and Wolombi :D

this little critter was a bit bigger than the Easter bunny bouncing along the Wolombi rd, lucky he wasn't sitting in the middle of the rd when we came around the bend :ph34r:

IMG_1058_zpsxfbe8efc.jpg

Great to see hear.....another FISTER on the Forum.  

Great exhaust systems.

Did you bring it across from the U.S. or buy it here?   

What stage did you get?

I'm thinking yours might be the first up there in NSW on a 911,

I know my old Boxster is humming away up there in Lennox Head and surrounds with a great note from it's FISTER..

Took a trip up to the hunter via Cessnock, tasted and bought some great wine, enjoyed a picnic lunch looking at the view. Whilst a double pointer weekend and very light traffic I did risk a little spirited driving through the twisties on the way back via Broke and Wolombi :D

this little critter was a bit bigger than the Easter bunny bouncing along the Wolombi rd, lucky he wasn't sitting in the middle of the rd when we came around the bend :ph34r:

IMG_1058_zpsxfbe8efc.jpg

That's a nice shot of the Kangacarooter actually TIPS...

Edited by Niko

Took the 3.2 out for a quietish drive (Easter Monday - expecting to see lots of Plod out there) today and ended up in Warburton for lunch. A few tourists out and driving accordingly. Also lots of tradies in their work utes and 4WDs loaded up with camping gear and dirt bikes driving like dicks and sitting 2 feet off the rear spoiler trying to intimidate.

We drove from Broken Hill to Clare........4 days into a 2 week road trip from Brisbane through SA, VIC, Canberra and back home. Ruby is going well and thankfully the roads are largely sympathetic to the sports suspension (not so nice going into Goondiwindi though)

Great to see hear.....another FISTER on the Forum.  

Great exhaust systems.

Did you bring it across from the U.S. or buy it here?   

What stage did you get?

I'm thinking yours might be the first up there in NSW on a 911,

I know my old Boxster is humming away up there in Lennox Head and surrounds with a great note from it's FISTER..

I placed the order with Darin at Fd Motorsports in the US about 3 weeks ago. It took 2 weeks to fabricate and 1 week for shipping. I decided to pay a bit extra and order it with the satin black ceramic finish. It wasn't super cheap with shipping but it sounds great and happy with the whole process. Autohaus here in Sydney fitted for me which cost around $450. I intended to return the cores back to Fister but may just hang onto them as the shipping cost will eat into too much of the core refund they offer. I realise this 'mod' can be done more cheaply but wanted a Fister. Not sure what 'stage' it is as there was only one Fister sports exhaust on offer for the 997.1

I placed the order with Darin at Fd Motorsports in the US about 3 weeks ago. It took 2 weeks to fabricate and 1 week for shipping. I decided to pay a bit extra and order it with the satin black ceramic finish. It wasn't super cheap with shipping but it sounds great and happy with the whole process. Autohaus here in Sydney fitted for me which cost around $450. I intended to return the cores back to Fister but may just hang onto them as the shipping cost will eat into too much of the core refund they offer. I realise this 'mod' can be done more cheaply but wanted a Fister. Not sure what 'stage' it is as there was only one Fister sports exhaust on offer for the 997.1

Great service from Darin.   He's a good bloke to deal with.   The satin black ceramic is a good choice too IMHO.   

Now you mention it, maybe he doesn't do the different stages for the water cooled cars, I did the same with my core, just hung onto it and paid the deposit.

Much cheaper option.   Good luck with it.

This morning. Dropped the kids at school (3mins away) and drove to work (7mins away)...2nd best drive I've had in 12 months! 

Best drive was at 12:01 this morning.

Drove around for about an hour feeling like an 18yo.  I couldn't find one so I went home a bit after that ???

Actually...I drove a lot more responsibly than I did my 1st day on the road as an 18yo ?

This morning. Dropped the kids at school (3mins away) and drove to work (7mins away)...2nd best drive I've had in 12 months! 

Best drive was at 12:01 this morning.

Drove around for about an hour feeling like an 18yo.  I couldn't find one so I went home a bit after that ???

Actually...I drove a lot more responsibly than I did my 1st day on the road as an 18yo ?

welcome back Trev

This morning I had a choice between lawn mower or Porsche. The mountains were calling...

I did the big loop starting in Tecoma, through Monbulk to Launching Place, up to Baw Baw for lunch.  Then down the other side to Rawson. The reward for 26kms of unsealed road was a side trip to Thomson Dam. The road from there down to Moe is sweeping, fast and smooth. 

Back home cross-country along Old Sale Rd to Drouin and a quick run on the freeway then back up to Gembrook.  

34192473155_ca168762ec_b.jpg

34192155185_0b636d9985_b.jpg

Traffic was much like this most of the day33808016100_83b3194429_b.jpg

This morning I had a choice between lawn mower or Porsche. The mountains were calling...

I did the big loop starting in Tecoma, through Monbulk to Launching Place, up to Baw Baw for lunch.  Then down the other side to Rawson. The reward for 26kms of unsealed road was a side trip to Thomson Dam. The road from there down to Moe is sweeping, fast and smooth. 

Back home cross-country along Old Sale Rd to Drouin and a quick run on the freeway then back up to Gembrook.  

34192473155_ca168762ec_b.jpg

34192155185_0b636d9985_b.jpg

Traffic was much like this most of the day33808016100_83b3194429_b.jpg

good one Harvs, although you lost me at the mention of 26km of unsealed road.....

good one Harvs, although you lost me at the mention of 26km of unsealed road..... 

I figure this would be the only way I'd get ahead of you on the road. 

Harvs - The mountains were calling...

Next time call me !!!   would love to join you.

Sorry, Mark - snap decision to get in and go.  Next time for sure.

Knocked over 510 miles at the weekend with 60 of my closest Porsche friends (mostly in 356s) in and around country Vic. Creswick/Ballarat/ Daylesford/Trentham and all roads in between at the Annual 356 Register Gathering of the Faithful. Lots of driving/good food/good laughs and good wine.

zMnk8rT.jpg

31 cars in total.

3bt3HON.jpg

Including some dirt bits.

W6SP37l.jpg

Nice range of models here.

0zeKROJ.jpg

Edited by Airhead

My girl Sammie wouldn't tolerate that. The boy on the other hand...

She was a champ!  She was a bit unsettled on the way up, but I slowed down and she got comfortable.  No complaints on the way down.

kdog2.jpg

^ love the photos of the early cars Airhead!

Edited by YellowDieselGolf

First day back out driving, after a stay at the mechanics and loved every minute of it, even if it was pissin' down raining most of the time.

Met a PFA member from Queensland when stopped for a Coffee, in Lorne of all places. A long way from home!

Enjoy your return trip, @ruby82sc

oSoOFyK.jpg

It was good to catch up with another PFA air cooled enthusiast, it took 3 states and almost 4000 km but we did it :)

We were at Teddy's lookout when you left Nick and managed to get a few pic's of your car, PM your email address and I will pass them on,

Greg

Clearly you have never driven one.

Yep spot on with that, I've always had the uneducated thought that they must be pretty slow, sort of like an old volksy but with a bit more spark. Are they slower than a 912 or do they feel kind of more special than the first of the 911's?