Regrets, what have you sold

Another regret, green not white.  Busted the gearbox for the second time, got the shits and sold it.  Buyer bought it within 24h of listing.  He put an Albins gear set in it and sent me video from The Bend, 270 at the end of the straight……🥲. Giant killer.

EEC9986A-C74C-4931-8134-38A4CBDE3808.jpeg

2 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

^^^  Me too  ^^^...

My 2004 GT3 I bought from Rob Rymer in early 2017 was a peach - 21,000km with 2 previous owners.

I often consider what I was thinking at the time - not much by all accounts.

And the most humiliating thing - my wife warned me not to sell. Yeah right, sorry darl, you were right (again)...:Speechless:

It gave you an opportunity to get a GT4 though Stephen so it’s not all bad ☺️

5 hours ago, DJM said:

Another regret, green not white.  Busted the gearbox for the second time, got the shits and sold it.  Buyer bought it within 24h of listing.  He put an Albins gear set in it and sent me video from The Bend, 270 at the end of the straight……🥲. Giant killer.

Does a guy with the last name Beck (Becks Bakehouse) now own that? If so, that thing is bloody quick! 

11 hours ago, DJM said:

270!! That’s right up there for the bend. What was the lap time?

1 hour ago, spiller said:

270!! That’s right up there for the bend. What was the lap time?

Don’t know, he just sent me a quick clip.   It’d do around 250 at PI so I’d believe 270 at the bend.  You know you’re alive in a 40 year old car at that speed 😬

8 hours ago, LeeM said:

Does a guy with the last name Beck (Becks Bakehouse) now own that? If so, that thing is bloody quick! 

Yeah Nathan Beck.  This is back when I had it.  My FD is about 2 seconds a lap faster but this thing felt ALIVE

13 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

It gave you an opportunity to get a GT4 though Stephen so it’s not all bad ☺️

Ahh so true - the GT4 is better built, just as fast,  more comfortable, AND makes me look a better driver than I actually am - yadda, yadda....

But you know, the 996 GT3 (and probably all the GT's) is so anti social, anti politically correct and anti green that it just pushes all my buttons (well, not ALL my buttons  🤐) .

I think I must be a little odd, as it made me smile when I started the Metzger up in the street and passers by jumped and stared.  And I nod knowingly when passengers sat in the car and feel those vibrations coming through the seat and then get their eardrums pummelled as the revs go over 5,000rpm ...😈 Then getting home and yell out to the wife that "I'm back darl" only for her to replat "yes I know, I could hear you turning into the street".

Bloody brilliant eh,  that's what make regrets painful.

2 minutes ago, Stephen Tinker said:

Ahh so true - the GT4 is better built, just as fast,  more comfortable, AND makes me look a better driver than I actually am - yadda, yadda....

But you know, the 996 GT3 (and probably all the GT's) is so anti social, anti politically correct and anti green that it just pushes all my buttons (well, not ALL my buttons  🤐) .

I think I must be a little odd, as it made me smile when I started the Metzger up in the street and passers by jumped and stared.  And I nod knowingly when passengers sat in the car and feel those vibrations coming through the seat and then get their eardrums pummelled as the revs go over 5,000rpm ...😈 Then getting home and yell out to the wife that "I'm back darl" only for her to replat "yes I know, I could hear you turning into the street".

Bloody brilliant eh,  that's what make regrets painful.

Awesome I love it. We’ve got an R35 GTR at work currently and the first time I brought it home my wife was out the front watering the garden, I got out of the car and she said “I thought that was a P plater hooning up the street, I turned around and it was my husband” 😂

I had this Jag from 1974 to 76. It was the first E Type in Melbourne (1962) and in great condition.

Everyone told me not to sell but I was picking up speeding tickets and would have lost my Licence. Odd thing is that loss-licence thing could be happening to me me again NOW, in my 911 after nearly 50 dam years!!

a4287190-f583-4bc5-ac12-2ed71f262d7c.jpg

Me circa 1987 with my 71' Pontiac Firebird. Besides the 455 engine swap I was especially proud of my paint matching Simmons wheels & drop pipes. I suspect my regret is more nostalgia than the car....ha ha....I sold it to fund my first Porsche (a 71' 911E) which I also regret selling !!! 

Firebird.jpg

3 hours ago, MR901 said:

Me circa 1987 with my 71' Pontiac Firebird. Besides the 455 engine swap I was especially proud of my paint matching Simmons wheels & drop pipes. I suspect my regret is more nostalgia than the car....ha ha....I sold it to fund my first Porsche (a 71' 911E) which I also regret selling !!! 

Firebird.jpg

Those colour matched Simmons are mint!

12 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Those colour matched Simmons are mint!

It's so long ago that those wheels have gone out of fashion & now back in fashion.....ha ha....they probably got taken off the car in the 90's, sat worthless in a shed for 20+ years then sold for solid money to find there way onto a "period correct" restoration :) 

5 hours ago, MR901 said:

It's so long ago that those wheels have gone out of fashion & now back in fashion.....ha ha....they probably got taken off the car in the 90's, sat worthless in a shed for 20+ years then sold for solid money to find there way onto a "period correct" restoration :) 

I’ve got a set of Porsche fitment B45’s stashed away for when I eventually do an 80’s style hotrod. 

The one I miss the most is my 997TT. 
The fact it was a tiptronic and not PDK lowered my expectations of the car, which actually made it more enjoyable in the end (that probably makes no sense whatsoever lol) 

It was just so easy and effortless to drive. Got into the 599 a short time after but badge snobbery aside, I must say I enjoyed the 997 overall much more as an overall package. Some called it boring but maybe that’s what I like 😅

Plus I quickly realised I loved how much “less attention” the 997 got compared to the shiny red Ferrari 

CC9BF75D-A31C-4116-82A2-985FABCB7FEB.jpeg

35F89B74-449F-45FA-B79E-0CF115F1263E.jpeg