Regrets, what have you sold

My 912, 964 C2 , Rickman Quacka1045 ,

454 big block monaro GTS, 68 Vette, 302 Ford Fairmont XT, Too many toys to mention, 350 Velo ,  back in the day sheds weren't big enough : ) and 1/2 dozen Harleys. 

Owned lots of cars including 964C2, GT2, 3 & 4 but this is the one I’ve had again if I could find it.  Circa $35k.  Affectionately known as the carrot.  Honda F20C, stock 240hp, 9000rpm, 6 speed, 620kg.  Great fun on road at sensible speed.  Great fun on track albeit not super quick due to aero of a brick.

0F072A80-68D1-4391-917B-63B54E801DDE.png

9 hours ago, sleazius said:

I'd have to sell something to regret selling it. I tend to hold onto things.

I too hold on to good things - like my '84 Carrera and some other toys, too good to sell, no matter how much I'm offered.

But here are some things that I coulda shoulda bought but did not -

Gull wing Mercedes, in pieces but 17,000 km and perfect - went for $4000 (am showing my age!)

Chevron B8, ready to race, on trailer, with 16 spare wheels and all the good stuff $6000 - one of the prettiest sports racers ever built

image.png.c812d84d613b283963c1c2b47c28f48a.png

And, wait for it:

Porsche 911 RS $8000 - it was a beast and I was frankly, nervous . . . .

3 hours ago, sydr said:

Chevron B8, ready to race, on trailer, with 16 spare wheels and all the good stuff $6000 - one of the prettiest sports racers ever built

image.png.c812d84d613b283963c1c2b47c28f48a.png

And, wait for it:

Porsche 911 RS $8000 - it was a beast and I was frankly, nervous . . . .

Aaaaand we have a winner of the thread! 

The RS is a given when it comes to "I probably shoulda kept that one", yet the Chevron...😍😍😍

18 minutes ago, pocketscience said:

My Honda CBR600. Granted it looks prettier on my wife's finger, and I wouldn't change that for the world. But I miss that bike regardless...

😂 I had the 'opportunity' (a.k.a told) to sell a bike (an old Katana) to put a ring on 'her' finger, yet coming home early one day to a removal truck and her whole family emptying our rented house, gave me the inclination that all was not well with the relationship 😂 

Dodged a bullet with that one 👍😁

7 hours ago, spiller said:

Number one would have to be my 996 GT3 that I sold in 2017 ago, mainly because I had to spend another 50-60K to get back into another one four years later!

^^^  Me too  ^^^...

My 2004 GT3 I bought from Rob Rymer in early 2017 was a peach - 21,000km with 2 previous owners.

I often consider what I was thinking at the time - not much by all accounts.

And the most humiliating thing - my wife warned me not to sell. Yeah right, sorry darl, you were right (again)...:Speechless:

1 minute ago, Stephen Tinker said:

And the most humiliating thing - my wife warned me not to sell. Yeah right, sorry darl, you were right (again)...:Speechless:

My missus has said the same thing every time I've looked at selling mine

Hate it when she makes sense 🙄

36 minutes ago, Stephen Tinker said:

^^^  Me too  ^^^...

My 2004 GT3 I bought from Rob Rymer in early 2017 was a peach - 21,000km with 2 previous owners.

Oh dear, sorry for starting this, there is definitely some pain in this thread.

25 minutes ago, GC9911 said:

Oh dear, sorry for starting this, there is definitely some pain in this thread.

Haha you made me post a wanted ad on OzClubbies, feel like I’m stalking an old girlfriend.  I hope she’s as good as I remember 😂

1 hour ago, Stephen Tinker said:

^^^  Me too  ^^^...

Stephen your wrap up on the 996 GT3 vs the GT4 definitely swayed be back when I was tossing up which way to go the second time around. I shouldn’t be so silly to sell this one (everyone gets one free pass).

9 hours ago, spiller said:

Many. Previous regrets have turned me into a somewhat of a serial hoarder of cars and also parts. It's not a healthy relationship. Number one would have to be my 996 GT3 that I sold in 2017 ago, mainly because I had to spend another 50-60K to get back into another one four years later!

Oh man - this is me.  I now question every sale over & over again because every car I've sold in the last 3 - 4 years I regret. '55 mint beetle, 77 C3.0, 1996 993, 1967 bitsa hotrod, 1977 landrover 101 FC, 2nd gen golf gti...all of them much regret...I'd happily turn back & keep them.  But....can't have them all (he says with a heavy heart).