Porsche 968 CS

Hi All, My name is Spiro from Sydney, NSW. I have a 1994 Porsche 968 CS. I have owned this great vehicle since 2011, second owner and have kept it original. Always interested how many there are in Australia, as my model is a T3T3 Amaranth Violet colour. With the research I have been doing the Clubsports delivered to Australia we only Black, White, Yellow, Blue & Red.

Would love to chat with fellow 968 CS owners. I will post some photos as well.

968CS.jpg

IMG_0761.JPG

12 hours ago, Spiro Mavrikis said:

Hi All, My name is Spiro from Sydney, NSW. I have a 1994 Porsche 968 CS. I have owned this great vehicle since 2011, second owner and have kept it original. Always interested how many there are in Australia, as my model is a T3T3 Amaranth Violet colour. With the research I have been doing the Clubsports delivered to Australia we only Black, White, Yellow, Blue & Red.

Hi Spiro,

Love these cars and got to enjoy my own CS replica. Do you have the original books ? You can contact Porsche Classic Melbourne with details and questions you have at

vincheck@porsche.com.au

Enjoy, Mark.

Amaranth Violet T3

L39D

STD

T3 Sales code, Paint code L39D for (STD - non metallic) late 1994 - 95.

Info from -

Craig Rayner

I have the “Model Importation Volume” document from Porsche Cars Australia and it lists the following 968CS import numbers: 

1993- 19

1994- 31

1995- 10

Of the notable options - M030 and rear seats (essentially like a UK 968 Sport ) there were: 

M030 - 14 of the 60 cars delivered 

M685 divided rear seat - 13 of the 60 cars delivered

M030 and 685 - 1 car within this above “group” - in Guards Red

M030 and Riviera Blue - 1 car within this above “group”- for sale currently 

M030 and Midnight Blue Metallic (one of my old cars) 1 car within this above “group”

M030 and Aventurine Green - 1 car within this above “group”

** in addition from this document during 1992-4 there were 81 additional 968 Coupes and Cabs (6sp and Tiptronic) sold here :

1992 - 40

1993 - 11

1994 - 30 

1995 - nil (But 10 x 968CS deliveries only per the above) 

I love them too, as a former 968 owner alas not a CS.

I keep looking at this CS on Carsales and seems reasonably priced for a UK model, has been for sale for quite a long time though....

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1993-porsche-968-cs-manual/SSE-AD-6866287/?Cr=0

1 hour ago, crsedge said:

I love them too, as a former 968 owner alas not a CS.

I keep looking at this CS on Carsales and seems reasonably priced for a UK model, has been for sale for quite a long time though....

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1993-porsche-968-cs-manual/SSE-AD-6866287/?Cr=0

The owner of that one is a forum member and had it for sale on here the first time it was listed in my opinion it looks good I’m guessing people are fixated with Australian delivery maybe  that’s why it hasn’t been bought.

21 minutes ago, MARTY said:

The owner of that one is a forum member and had it for sale on here the first time it was listed in my opinion it looks good I’m guessing people are fixated with Australian delivery maybe  that’s why it hasn’t been bought.

It looks pretty clean from the underneath photos re: rust but yes I imagine the country of origin is holding the sale back.

I have a UK delivered 996 which from a thorough PPI was cleared of rust issues- I would be more than happy to own a UK delivered 968 CS if it all checked out.

On 10/09/2021 at 22:37, 9fan said:

Hi Spiro,

Love these cars and got to enjoy my own CS replica. Do you have the original books ? You can contact Porsche Classic Melbourne with details and questions you have at

vincheck@porsche.com.au

Enjoy, Mark.

Amaranth Violet T3

L39D

STD

Info from -

Craig Rayner

I have the “Model Importation Volume” document from Porsche Cars Australia and it lists the following 968CS import numbers: 

1993- 19

1994- 31

1995- 10

Of the notable options - M030 and rear seats (essentially like a UK 968 Sport ) there were: 

M030 and Midnight Blue Metallic (one of my old cars) 1 car within this above “group”

** in addition from this document during 1992-4 there were 81 additional 968 Coupes and Cabs (6sp and Tiptronic) sold here :

1992 - 40

1993 - 11

1994 - 30 

So in addition to the club sports, there were only another 81 968’s imported into Oz??

do we know how many manual coupes (non CS)?

On 10/09/2021 at 10:07, Spiro Mavrikis said:

968CS.jpg

IMG_0761.JPG

Beautiful looking car Spiro, and such an unusual colour. I have a clubsport myself, in GP White built in 1995. Any 968 is a rare sight on the road, can imagine you have the only purple one here!. Cheers, Justin

On 10/09/2021 at 22:37, 9fan said:

Hi Spiro,

vincheck@porsche.com.au

Enjoy, Mark.

Amaranth Violet T3

L39D

STD

Info from -

Craig Rayner

1993- 19

1994- 31

1995- 10

1992 - 40

1993 - 11

1994 - 30 

Interesting info. My car falls into the category of

but it's actually white. So I can only assume there are 2 then in this "group"

I've collected info on about 12 clubsports that have been advertised online over the last many years. Not all details complete, but I've to collated what I can. Happy to add any to the list if people wanted to send details.

• 2 months later...
On 11/09/2021 at 11:02, MARTY said:

Spot on Marty. It's the fixation and in my view it's quite remarkable. If indeed the silver aus delivered one in SA has just sold at anywhere near its 150k asking price...and it does seem that it has....then the mid 90s I'm asking for my excellent condition red UK model is beyond a bargain... it seems ludicrous. I'm wondering if this hysteria is repeated across the globe...in NZ must it be NZ New? Do the Seth Afreekanz demand only their local 968 variants? Or is the paranoia particular to Australia. I don't think it's necessarily a concern over rust either....for nobody has even bothered to come and see the car. I think it comes down to the perceived investment, and maybe some aren't great at realising that investment is based on what you paid for the car. So if you pay 150k for a clubsport.... better hope it gets to 200k quickly. If people merely wanted a car to enjoy or track or cruise...none of this matters, so it seems a lot of Porsche or prospective Porsche owners think they won't generate the same ROI with a UK car. Strange...but there it is.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...