This is a game called 'WTF is that?!'

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

New to Tas , spotted today , possibly the only one in Oz? Owner has emigrated from France but was off somewhere so I didn't meet him .

Panhard. Quirky , interesting , "lived in". It's rare to see a concours French car in Tas , they certainly don't like to wash.

panhard.jpg

This beauty has a three wheel design with rear wheel steering and front wheel drive, a 20' long body, and a highly aerodynamic design. Success of the design was realized in its performance efficiencies: the car could transport up to 11 passengers, reach speeds of up to 90 miles per hour, and ran 30 miles per gallon.  What was it?  Bonus points if you can name the inventor!

dymaxionCar4_zpsc3dee408.jpg

Rear wheel steering!!! :o  This is what happens when architects think they can design cars.

"He described the vehicle as an “omni-medium transport,” with room for 11, which, had it ever been tested, would probably have counted as mass murder."

Survivors account of a test drive  http://www.wsj.com/articles/a-test-drive-of-the-death-trap-car-designed-by-buckminster-fuller-1429890152

This beauty has a three wheel design with rear wheel steering and front wheel drive, a 20' long body, and a highly aerodynamic design. Success of the design was realized in its performance efficiencies: the car could transport up to 11 passengers, reach speeds of up to 90 miles per hour, and ran 30 miles per gallon.  What was it?  

don't know but I'm sure it's perfectly safe

…...

This beauty has a three wheel design with rear wheel steering and front wheel drive, a 20' long body, and a highly aerodynamic design. Success of the design was realized in its performance efficiencies: the car could transport up to 11 passengers, reach speeds of up to 90 miles per hour, and ran 30 miles per gallon.  What was it?  Bonus points if you can name the inventor!

dymaxionCar4_zpsc3dee408.jpg

…….and the name is written on the side.

• 3 months later...

I reckon i have seen some thing like that on Pelican, It was white and a limited edition turbo, bloody fugly but it does look like it slept with a mr2 like criss renkons 

• 4 weeks later...

did that start life as a TR7?

so the rumour goes........

Its for sale...I found this on Gumtree......It's NOT mine....http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1100709482

• 1980 TR7
• 4 bolt main 350 chev
• 671 super charger
• VX club sport 6 speed
• 9 inch diff
• LSD
• Billet axels
• Commodore disk brakes and booster
• BMW bilstein suspension
• Simmons wheels with as new tyres
• Roll bar
• It is V8 engineered
I have owned this car for 30 years and it has always been garaged.
The engine has done less than 50kms.
No rust.
Probably the best and fastest TR7 in Australia.

"probably the best and fastest TR7 in Australia" does such a thing exist? are they not mutually exclusive?

I've finally got something to contribute that I saw out and about on a walk (i did post it on another forum, but no cheating!)

IMG_0568.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Archived