Wow that's frustrating for you mate, it's hard to believe there's no phone line somewhere being a new estate.

Sorry, we have will have a phone line, but they cannot give us internet through it - the local exchange is probably powered by donkey's or something similar....!

The last house that I built 11 years ago was again a brand new sub-division, and in that one they did not put enough points in the exchange for all the new houses. I had a phone line but connected to nothing. I had to have a special mobile house phone until they upgraded the exchange...

A bit crap that they are happy to build new sub-divisions and take your money, but not give you all of the services that go with it!

Byron Bay has an entire suburb about to be disconnected from their existing local ISP (closing due to NBN scheduled roll-out last month) and be without internet for at leqst18 months until the NBN is available.   it's running 18 months late.

Ah, progress........

I fear we could talk for many hours/ days/ weeks/ months about the inadequacies of the current phone/ internet/ mobile system/ service in our fair country....

Aren't we the smart (lucky) country? I suppose the developer's don't care as long as they sell the blocks.

Not the sort of thing that you usually check out before buying said piece of land.

I feel I need to go over to the "What's putting a smile on your dial?" thread to get some positive vibes happening again... :)

At least we do not live in a country where a puppet would be considered a better presidential candidate...

12745877_824340104378182_905135699875791

The saga continues.... I went into the Telstra shop to get a new connection and mobile broadband (prefer face to face to the call centres), he told me that I would be better off calling the centre as they could offer me more options and better prices! WTF! Why have the bloody shop there at all, useless.......

The saga continues.... I went into the Telstra shop to get a new connection and mobile broadband (prefer face to face to the call centres), he told me that I would be better off calling the centre as they could offer me more options and better prices! WTF! Why have the bloody shop there at all, useless.......

Would the shops be franchised at all? I was told the same with Vodafone last year that I'd be better off calling the centre

Would the shops be franchised at all? I was told the same with Vodafone last year that I'd be better off calling the centre

I don't think so?

Just spent ages on the phone talking to, well I could not understand his name... phone sorted. internet who knows.....

That's what I have found as well.

They won't get any more of my business once my contract is up.

There are plenty of choices here.

Not here unfortunately when it comes to mobile broadband....

Went to Cars & Coffee Sunday week ago.  On the way home I took the long way and ended up on some roads I rarely use.  On one of them, which I thought was 100, turns out to be 80.  Yep, speeding fine.  111 in 80 zone.  $950 and 7 demerit points.  Fortunately that's the only demerit points I have on my driving record, but now I have 5 spare for the next 3 years.  My own stupid fault for not familiarizing myself with the area better. :angry:

Farken ell mate, over the 30kph by 1 kmh! That sucks big time!

A mate contested a fine in court when busted near Mt Barker with not being familiar with the area, and got off with a much lighter fine and less demerits. Worth taking it to court possibly?

Farken ell mate, over the 30kph by 1 kmh! That sucks big time!

A mate contested a fine in court when busted near Mt Barker with not being familiar with the area, and got off with a much lighter fine and less demerits. Worth taking it to court possibly?

I'm going to check out the location and where the speed sign is for my own piece of mind.  At a lower speed this time.  You know you can download the photo and related data from the SAPOL website.  Car does look good in the photo.

OUCH Stew.    That is a big hit both wallet and points wise.   I think I would be considering Lee's advice.    

Contest it, It won't get any worse, and you really have nothing to lose...except the hiring of a good traffic solicitor...

Never mind incompetent teleco's...Banks are what really piss me right off at the moment! Last week I called my bank to renegotiate some of the terms on the loans I have with them. The bank (which bank you may ask) begrudgingly agreed and told me they just need to reprocess the loans by putting in new applications. They tell me the new application process is straightforward and all should be good in a few days. Well I just get a nasty call from my wife saying where the fuck has all our cash gone--are you leaving me (no, she didn't really say she'd leave me I just thought it sounded good). I call the bank just now and they tell me, oh we have to freeze all of your access to all your cash until we finalise your new loan applications. You fucking idiots, why didn't you tell me that when we were going through the re-application so I could make arrangements!!! The bank tells me to stay cool...the application will be finalised in a few weeks and then your cash will be freed up again. Are you for real you bloody morons...you've frozen my access to every cent I have what do you suppose I live on for the next few weeks. Banks really shit me and may god have mercy on their soul because my wife now want their blood flowing down the street. No one wins a battle with my wife

Edited by Blue964

Never mind incompetent teleco's...Banks are what really piss me right off at the moment! Last week I called my bank to renegotiate some of the terms on the loans I have with them. The bank (which bank you may ask) begrudgingly agreed and told me they just need to reprocess the loans by putting in new applications. They tell me the new application process is straightforward and all should be good in a few days. Well I just get a nasty call from my wife saying where the fuck has all our cash gone--are you leaving me (no, she didn't really say she'd leave me I just thought it sounded good). I call the bank just now and they tell me, oh we have to freeze all of your access to all your cash until we finalise your new loan applications. You fucking idiots, why didn't you tell me that when we were going through the re-application so I could make arrangements!!! The bank tells me to stay cool...the application will be finalised in a few weeks and then your cash will be freed up again. Are you for real you bloody morons...you've frozen my access to every cent I have what do you suppose I live on for the next few weeks. Banks really shit me and may god have mercy on their soul because my wife now want their bloody flowing down the street. No one wins a battle with my wife

Don't get me started on banks!! As soon as our home is complete and out of a construction loan our current lender is getting the flick - incompetent morons!!

Hopefully you get some cash quickly. Time for a new bank maybe....

Never mind incompetent teleco's...Banks are what really piss me right off at the moment! Last week I called my bank to renegotiate some of the terms on the loans I have with them. The bank (which bank you may ask) begrudgingly agreed and told me they just need to reprocess the loans by putting in new applications. They tell me the new application process is straightforward and all should be good in a few days. Well I just get a nasty call from my wife saying where the fuck has all our cash gone--are you leaving me (no, she didn't really say she'd leave me I just thought it sounded good). I call the bank just now and they tell me, oh we have to freeze all of your access to all your cash until we finalise your new loan applications. You fucking idiots, why didn't you tell me that when we were going through the re-application so I could make arrangements!!! The bank tells me to stay cool...the application will be finalised in a few weeks and then your cash will be freed up again. Are you for real you bloody morons...you've frozen my access to every cent I have what do you suppose I live on for the next few weeks. Banks really shit me and may god have mercy on their soul because my wife now want their bloody flowing down the street. No one wins a battle with my wife

They would consider that your fault for not asking a question that you had no idea needed to be asked.

Went to Cars & Coffee Sunday week ago.  On the way home I took the long way and ended up on some roads I rarely use.  On one of them, which I thought was 100, turns out to be 80.  Yep, speeding fine.  111 in 80 zone.  $950 and 7 demerit points.  Fortunately that's the only demerit points I have on my driving record, but now I have 5 spare for the next 3 years.  My own stupid fault for not familiarizing myself with the area better. :angry:

I reckon there was probably some "I booked a Porsche" bragging rights and no quarter given.

Never mind incompetent teleco's...Banks are what really piss me right off at the moment! Last week I called my bank to renegotiate some of the terms on the loans I have with them. The bank (which bank you may ask) begrudgingly agreed and told me they just need to reprocess the loans by putting in new applications. They tell me the new application process is straightforward and all should be good in a few days. Well I just get a nasty call from my wife saying where the fuck has all our cash gone--are you leaving me (no, she didn't really say she'd leave me I just thought it sounded good). I call the bank just now and they tell me, oh we have to freeze all of your access to all your cash until we finalise your new loan applications. You fucking idiots, why didn't you tell me that when we were going through the re-application so I could make arrangements!!! The bank tells me to stay cool...the application will be finalised in a few weeks and then your cash will be freed up again. Are you for real you bloody morons...you've frozen my access to every cent I have what do you suppose I live on for the next few weeks. Banks really shit me and may god have mercy on their soul because my wife now want their blood flowing down the street. No one wins a battle with my wife

Told you no one wins a battle with my wife...problem solved: the bank has been extremely apologetic and has released our cash and as a gesture of their sincere apologies for the stuff up they have given us better terms on the loans than I was originally seeking. Nice of the bank to act this way so quickly but why is it you have to blow a valve with them and threaten to take all your business away before you get to a person who is capable of making decisions.  

Told you no one wins a battle with my wife...problem solved: the bank has been extremely apologetic and has released our cash and as a gesture of their sincere apologies for the stuff up they have given us better terms on the loans than I was originally seeking. Nice of the bank to act this way so quickly but why is it you have to blow a valve with them and threaten to take all your business away before you get to a person who is capable of making decisions.  

Good result!  We had a similar run of incompetence from our bank a few years ago.  Like you I had to stand back and let loose SWMBO.  

We're in trouble if yours and mine ever get together to take over the world.