^^  Windoze updates quite likely, particularly if you have a device with Windows 10 on it..  Win 10 updates are like P2P sharing, and you are involuntarily seeding everyone else's updates..  

And as I was typing, yep, my internet dropped out again.  Telstra  f$$$%^%^ts...!!

Third tech coming tomorrow to tell me exactly the same thing again.

Not updates, nothing was on! Miraculously overnight my data useage has reverted back to what I thought it should have been - even with two telstra people telling my nothing was wrong with their system...... progress in the right direction finally.....

Lost my dad this morning. I'm angry, and I'm empty at the same time. I thought I'd just have a cry for a while when I was eventually told of the inevitable, yet sitting here I just can't process it

Catcha on the flipside pop

shit mate - really sorry to hear about that. No need to VENT - world can just be a crap place sometimes. Go for a drive in that new machine of yours. let your girl look after you and go see your family.

thinking of you buddy

Lost my dad this morning. I'm angry, and I'm empty at the same time. I thought I'd just have a cry for a while when I was eventually told of the inevitable, yet sitting here I just can't process it

Catcha on the flipside pop

I'm very sorry to hear this news, Lee.  Family is everything, losing someone close can be tough.  Thinking of you, mate.

Thanks mate, appreciated

Hackers/scammers etc

Got a strange call saying my account has been blocked due to it being compromised by a charity in the USA. 

Thought it was weird that if I wanted to withdraw some cash from an ATM, I had to call a 1300 number whilst there, and they would unblock it for me. Turns out that was legit after calling my bank,  yet now my card has been cancelled, and I can't use my account at all for any transactions till I get a new card within 10 days! Ugh!

To protect you I imagine Lee.

What a world eh.

I was about to post about a counterfeit 50 I found on the road yesterday. It is paper, smaller than the original and the window is done with sticky tape. So not a very good try but probably good enough to get you if your busy.

I've never understood why people spend their time and effort focused on stealing. 

I hope this latest trial doesn't hit you too hard right now Lee.

Absolutely mate. Without the protection by the fraud mob online, I'd be buggered! It just sounded very suss when I got a call from what I think was overseas, and someone with a Indian accent telling me to call them back as I was withdrawing money.

Just annoying that its happened this week when I'm off to Queensland for dads funeral, as I don't like to carry much cash on me. Oh well, not much I can do about it

• 2 weeks later...

Message to IT geeks out there. Stop make life unnecessarily complicated.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/is-this-the-supermarket-of-the-future/news-story/9c068f1c7188a0391e087bedd63c522a

Just because you can doesn't mean you should foist your inventiveness on others.

Just put it away.

I already know an apple comes from a tree and so do most gormless twits.

Only half a vent. This is my 200SX that got cleaned up by a truck while parked. This is what we came back to. Fortunately the driver gave all of his details to a neighbor who passed them on to us. Insurance company has been brilliant so far.  I suspect that it will be a total loss as the boot floor and rear passenger floor are all buckled, as is the rear turret and kidney bowl area.  There was debris 50m up the road.  I was going to give the car to my son soon too.

cid_317_zpskieshctl_edit_1465009356515_z

cid_616_zpsiq8r2gd9_edit_1465009419759_z

Geez Stew, I think that's worth a full vent - with bells on! My Chrysler 300 suffered half that damage on the same 1/4 four years back and that was $19000 - apply rule of thumb and 4 years later and this would be $50000. I think she's gone to heaven mate....empathy for you mate, and for your son, he must be devastated...

Bugger mate. Definitley worthy of a full vent. Hope it all gets sorted soon

My vent

Drunk idiots at a pub falling onto me whilst playing. Not the first time its happened. Bent mic stand, knocked mic into my face then onto the floor denting it, landed on my guitar nearly knocking it out of my hands ($4000 guitar by the way) and having me dive to save the p.a. 

Hope my size 11 boot hard into his back leaves a big bruise! Lucky i missed his head! Wanker