a crap pappadum, is still pretty good.

plus you get to say pappadum one more time. 

pappadum

Agree, they are just so damn good.  Like prawn crackers.

Pappadums - Do them in the microwave 30 seconds and perfect every time but remember to watch them 

I normally do, but this time I decided to do them the traditional way.  I think it may have been storage related.  Like brake fluid, Pappadums are hygroscopic.

Used car dealers suck! Whether from big or small dealers, although from recent history (this same thing happened to an A4 we were looking at buying 2 weeks ago!) the bigger the dealer the less they give a shit!

The local Porsche Dealer has a Cayenne for sale, we have had one look at it and another booked in for Friday so my wife could drive as well, both the salesman and his manager knew about this. They sell the car in the mean time! WTF!!

All going well we WERE going to buy this car!! 

How can you sell a car when you are in negotiations with a buyer and they have booked in for another viewing/ drive! We were only in there last night!!

I love the motto of the used car section "Trustworthy Used Car Sales" yeah right!

Not happy!!

Used car dealers suck! Whether from big or small dealers, although from recent history (this same thing happened to an A4 we were looking at buying 2 weeks ago!) the bigger the dealer the less they give a shit!

The local Porsche Dealer has a Cayenne for sale, we have had one look at it and another booked in for Friday so my wife could drive as well, both the salesman and his manager knew about this. They sell the car in the mean time! WTF!!

How can you sell a car when you are in negotiations with a buyer and they have booked in for another viewing/ drive! We were only in there last night!!

I love the motto of the used car section "Trustworthy Used Car Sales" yeah right!

Not happy!!

You're kidding.  Bird in the hand.

Not happy!!

you WERE going to buy it, but someone else DID buy it..... No deposit, no recourse.

Not happy!!

The opening four words say it all. ^^ 

If it makes you feel any better, many years back my older brother had a car sold from underneath him despite the fact he had signed contracts and money down.... it has also happened to me where I've left a deposit and they've called me a couple of days later to demand more deposit because they didn't think I was serious & he had a cash buyer there ready to pay more :lol:  I was due to pick the car up in a couple of days as I was away interstate but I told him to shove it in the proverbial place and give me money back. I couldn't help but gloat every time I drove past that dealer for the next month as the car sat there unsold.

Edited by edgy

Venting AGAIN. Sorry in advance!

Seriously, how do people have the audactiy to low ball sellers when it has been advised 'I will NOT take less than $XXXX, yet they still try it?

Just had a young bloke and his dad here that has done loads of resto's on car's, then proceeds to tell me he has a 1930's Daimler, a 1928 Essex, A big dollar Bolwell Nagari, a mega dollar Triumph bug eye Sprite race car, a Purvis Eureka (all restored and still owned by the old badger) AND he says he recently sold a 60's Ferrari to a collector in Italy.

The most frustrating part is that he shows a Red Book valuation print out for the Honda S 600 in the condition mine is in (which states that it is $200 over what I said I would take for mine, and in all honesty, I don't give a toss what Red Book says) yet STILL low balls me after saying 'Oh its worth what you're asking, yet I can only come up with $500 less'! WTF?

This is is the price as I have told you FOUR TIMES, and if you do not wish to pay that, that's fine, I'll sell it to someone else that will pay what I am asking, or keep it, paint it for an outlay of $2000 and get the thing running, then sell it for twice the amount, and you can (insert rude expletive) OFF!

So I get a message after their visit ' Hey mate, I'm a cash buyer, and I really want that car, as it has no rust and a very easy resto, so keep my number and let me know if you want to sell quickly'.

I DO NOT CARE that you are on a pension. I DO NOT CARE that you need to justify the purchase to your wife that want's some new curtains. I DO NOT CARE your house needs some reno's. I DO NOT CARE that my car needs paint,. I DO NOT CARE that you have a limp. I DO NOT CARE that there is one on Carsales for $40k. You pay the money, or you leave without the car, it's as simple as that.  You have half a million dollars or more worth of cars in ONE SHED, plus god knows what in the bank after selling a 60's Ferrari, so maybe go without dining at a wanky restaurant for once, and stump up the extra $500 and stop being a tight arse and wasting my time!

What a DICKHEAD. 

Now about my 912!

I got a message today from Belgium by an Aussie ex pat.

'Hey mate. I'm a cash buyer for your 912. Would you take $50k AUD for it?'  Me. Hey mate. Thanks for your message, but I've had offers of $70k and above locally and from Japan, and I'm not keen on selling it anyway, so I'll have to say no. Cheers, all the best

Him. 'Youre f.....g dreaming mate! I still have to have it transported to Begium!'

Me. Thanks. I don't give a shit mate, F.. off dickhead! (I put a smiley face after it. Is that ok to soften the blow?)

I hate selling cars, and I hate low ballers

I wish I saved the sob story I got when I was selling my 1969 Camaro some years back.... Some dreamer wrote to me to say how it's his dream car and he only has half the money of the asking price and can I help him make his dream come true by accepting half the money..... ????? 

Oh boy, do not start me.... It's the weekend. 

I wish I saved the sob story I got when I was selling my 1969 Camaro some years back.... Some dreamer wrote to me to say how it's his dream car and he only has half the money of the asking price and can I help him make his dream come true by accepting half the money..... ????? 

Oh boy, do not start me.... It's the weekend. 

you must have spelt the guys name wrong. You meant "Dreamr" :)

That I can handle that mate, as I say it far too much myself with cars for sale or whatever

He's upped his offer by $200 10 minutes ago. 

If he reaches the magical number, I might tell him I've decided to keep it just to annoy him! :-)

I'd be happy lose the sale just to piss him off - even if he offered more than the asking price.....but then again, that's me.  :ph34r:

A bloke I know continually low balls when he's after a car but on a grand scale; He finds the model he's after, creates a short-list of about a dozen cars and then low-balls each of them in succession, expecting 90% of them to either ignore or abuse him. There's 10% of sellers out there however, that are desperate enough to treat with his offensive offers and he usually does well as a result. 

It's not glamorous and he's not chasing air-cooled Porsches' but if low-balling didn't sometimes succeed, it wouldn't be as popular as we all wish it weren't!!