Kids 1st birthday parties are testing at the best of times but a mates wife has booked on for 11/10 i.e. the same day as Bathurst...WTF!!!

I have a theory - to be good at something you have to have an interest in it, be that sport, art or in this case cars and driving.

If you buy a Camry it tells the world that you have absolutely no interest in cars or driving, ergo you are not a going to be a good driver and should be given a wide birth. 

Fangio wannabe P-platers and tradies should also be given a wide birth.  

If your mate is any sort of mate he'll have the telly on.  1 year old birthdays are just an excuse for mums to feel fuzzy and dads to drink beer and have a BBQ anyway.

The price of P-cars in Australia are outrageous...I'm in the US at the moment and had some time to kill today so visited the local P-car dealer here in Vegas, who just happened to have a 991GT3RS in that gorgeous lava colour sitting in the front window. Anyway, got talking to the salesman and he told me that he is current shifting the 991GT3 (not the RS) for between $130k and $150k, but could probably do a better price for cash. Not happy Jan!

Edited by Blue964

Theo,

Don't give up yet! 

Assuming it's clean penetration from a rogue nail or screw: http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Slime-Tyre-Repair-Kit-9-Piece.aspx?pid=342768#Recommendations

Only just started doing my own repairs and it really isn't that hard.  Means you can drive today.

Edited by Peter M

M1 right lane, dood in front coming up to overtake a car in left lane. Doing 100, dood gets beside and slows to 95 and stays there for about 3 klms. The whole time I'm staying close enough for him to realize I'm keen to get passed but not pushy. Finally gets past and stays in the right lane with no one in the left beside him. Slows again so I'm stuck beside the car he overtook. I give him a high beam flash as he has not even looked in the mirror once. His 3 passengers turn their head to look at me as he looks up in the rear view mirror. No, he stays there. Then he finally gets far enough in front for me to change to the left lane to pass him. He stays in the right lane for another 10ks or so until I leave the M1.

4 people in that car, most likely all licensed drivers and not one has courtesy.

Arrrggghhh. Brand new set of Bridgestones on the Cx7 before we left, done approx 3000k

pull in to check out and take some photos of the Devils marbles, about 120 k south of Tennant Creek......and Arrrggghh front right now flat as a $%#€ carters hat.

SPEWIN..........

Now 3.00 pm.   Put the space saver on and travel the rest of the drive on 80kmph,

hoping we can get the tyre fixed when we eventually get there.  

Yahoo. Would you believe, when we finally dawdle into TNK there is a monstourous Bridgestone tyre place there.

Great service, 20 minutes later tyre plugged, $30.00 bill, I told the young bloke to give me $15.00 change out of $50 and buy a beer with the $5.00.   I tried hard but he refused to take it, said it was all part of the service.   How good is that.

oh and Brian (OZ930)  Great suggestion.... went to the RSL for dinner (tea) it was excellent, plus I won the chook raffle, ha ha.  So we have a cooked  chook to eat on the drive to Mt Isa tomorrow.

the adventure continues

I'm not sure about nowadays with technological advances, but as an ex tyre fitter many moons ago, plugging a tyre used to be illegal

We used to do them as a temporary fix, not as a permanent solution. I personally would'nt trust them at a decent speed

edit. 

'tyre plugs have been illegal for a long time and only disreputeable tyre dealers use them - to patch a tyre legally the tyre retailer must take the tyre off and fit an internal patch in the tread area only - a year or so ago I paid $50 to repair a tyre - the dealer insisted on fitting a legal patch

Its not illegal to sell the plugs but is illegal for a tyre retailer / repairer to use them because legally they do not provide a permanent repair'

I agree Lee, they definitely were in fact taken off the market, I used to sell them when I worked for REPCO years ago.  

You can now buy kits at AUTOBARN etc and apparently new system than the old PLUG EZI I think the name was or similar.  Made especially for cars with no spare.

i spoke to the technician about the same issue, he explained they are a different technology than the old type that was banned.   

Having said that, I certainly wouldn't be putting a plug in a performance tyre.

but the CX7 which sits on 100 kph im ok with until I get back to Melbourne and maybe get them to stick a tube in.

also when the tyres were fitted a couple of weeks ago Bridgestone Frankston told me 34 lbs is the recommended pressure.

this bloke here at Bridgestone TNK said, forget that 40 all round is the go.   I think I will be going on his advice, and pumping them up in the morning.

Be interesting to hear from anyone who knows anything about the plug system...

Edited by Niko

In 1989, while in Karratha, I had a puncture repaired with a plug.  I thought the same thing, illegal, but the guy assured me it would last the life of the tyre…..and it did without any issue whatsoever.   Towing a trailer, and driving on all kinds of road surfaces.  Only remembered when the tyre was replaced……worn bald.

Niko: glad the RSL worked out for you

Edited by OZ930

Cheers mate, I wasnt aware they were actually taken off the market. I only mention it, as when I had my Karmann Ghia in to fix a puncture at a small shop I use, the manager wouldnt repair it, as he refuses to use them and would rather lose a sale, so I bought 2 new tyres instead. Either a cunning sales pitch, or just has a conciense

Personally, I'd still replace the tyre(s)

The only offset is that the air down here is so clean , our cars release less harmful substances ;)

So if you own a VW diesel that will make you feel slightly less guilty.

I think the opposite applies.  The filth from the exhaust is comparatively worse in such pristine air.

I hate it when people can't get a simple lunch order right.  I ordered a Chicken burger.  On the phone I said NO Lettuce.  Got back to my office, opened it up, and FM, Lettuce!  And loads of it.  Not just normal lettuce either, it's that trendy shyte.  Who do they think I am, the Rabbit of Caerbannog?