Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

If I had the garage space and the money I would be doing the same Pete.

Think you'll find that the 964 in question belongs to the former President of PCCWA. Its been a good car. He drives it well and knows what is required to keep one of these properly.

If anyone is really keen you had better grab it quickly. It wont last.

If I remember correctly it was a blue one in Sydney about 12 months ago, I don't know if they got the asking price but it didn't stay online for long. The way C2's are going right now they might be more expensive than a 3.3 turbo in another 6 months !

Last Aus delivered 3.3 I saw for sale was asking 110,000. It looked quite clean. My import was considerably less.

There was a beautiful blue low kilometre 3.3 Turbo for sale earlier in the year in WA for $110,000. Struggled to sell. Probably fly out the door now though. The accepted wisdom then was that a 3.6 Turbo would fetch $30-40,000 more than a 3.3 in similar condition. Big difference. You rarely see the either the 3.3 or 3.6 Turbo come up for sale, and if you look at the 930 and 993 Turbo prices, they are going to keep holding strong values as they all get dragged along. Until the bubble bursts, at least.

Those who want a 964 C2 manual please form an orderly queue here: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1990/SSE-AD-2854720/?Cr=7&sdmvc=1

Looks the real deal, 190,000k and $60,000 and must be sold by end of June.

I sent the seller an sms this morning (as it would have been 4:30am WA time), have not long been speaking with him and I'm 3rd in line from what appears to be a barrage of inquiry. His words were "it has been crazy", its highly unlikely that either of the other two parties will fall over but who knows - if its meant to be it will be..................... :rolleyes:

Yeah exactly Hugh. It sold quickly because it was priced right for him and the market simple as that.

Yeah nah, it was too cheap. If you can sell any car in a few hours, it's too cheap. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I reckon things are a little too overheated just now. 

Michel: Yeah, just like the guy in Toowoomba. lol.

Things do seem to be heating up.

Best bet is to start high and come down in price. Seems like less people get offended that way.

Works well with the wife too. You can then say "I knocked 30% off his asking price" Bargain!

Yeah nah, it was too cheap. If you can sell any car in a few hours, it's too cheap. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I reckon things are a little too overheated just now. 

I see what you are saying Cal, but if you have a tight time frame you don't want to get mucked around.

Looks like win win...and also the quick and "missed out".

There was a beautiful blue low kilometre 3.3 Turbo for sale earlier in the year in WA for $110,000. Struggled to sell. Probably fly out the door now though. The accepted wisdom then was that a 3.6 Turbo would fetch $30-40,000 more than a 3.3 in similar condition. Big difference. You rarely see the either the 3.3 or 3.6 Turbo come up for sale, and if you look at the 930 and 993 Turbo prices, they are going to keep holding strong values as they all get dragged along. Until the bubble bursts, at least.

I think the premium for the 3.6 is understandable as it has such low production numbers compared to the 3.3. They make a bit more power and have the big red brakes and 18" Speedlines, other than that not much difference. Even though my 3.3 is an import I am happy I snapped it up for under 75k :)

Things do seem to be heating up.

Best bet is to start high and come down in price. Seems like less people get offended that way.

Works well with the wife too. You can then say "I knocked 30% off his asking price" Bargain!

I don't see how things are heating up?  :mellow:

FYI, the seller was informed and wanting an honest price for what looked like an honest car - he actually did the deal for slightly less than the listed price. Could be said that 6 months ago that car may have sat for longer than a matter of hours, but the market is/has shifted. 

Not all sellers are greedy nor unrealistic - they just need their car gone no fuss. I'll admit it was a good competitive price for such a car but unlike a lot of ads in this thread he wasn't dreaming either.  ;)

i wonder how much talking about it on the internet contributes to values?

i guess in ye olden days there wasn't such easy price comparisons available until you got a paper or 'just cars'

I don't see how things are heating up? :mellow:

FYI, the seller was informed and wanting an honest price for what looked like an honest car - he actually did the deal for slightly less than the listed price. Could be said that 6 months ago that car may have sat for longer than a matter of hours, but the market is/has shifted.

Not all sellers are greedy nor unrealistic - they just need their car gone no fuss. I'll admit it was a good competitive price for such a car but unlike a lot of ads in this thread he wasn't dreaming either. ;)

Yet again you are the voice of reason Hugh. Well said.

Someone got a good car, but it isnt especially noteworthy because of its mileage and track use. Happy buyer, happy seller, job done.

Cal,

I think that is now the norm for good air cooled cars and I don't think that's going to change.  I think good cars will always find buyers as there seem to be fewer and fewer of those available while there always seems to be enough buyers to create some tension in the market. 

The last good 964 C2 - red South African import - that I know of went recently for around $63k.  There is another "racer" C2 that is lingering on the market in the low $70's. 

Early last year there was a choice of  a few good 964 C2's around the $50k mark but I think that pricing has now gone forever as increased appreciation of this type has occurred.  I really hope I'm wrong as I would like to own one but I don't think so....... 

Regards

Peter

The last good 964 C2 - red South African import - that I know of went recently for around $63k.  

I have regretted not buying this very car and hence why I jumped onto this so quickly, unfortunately not quick enough though. Only a few of these cars have hit the market in the last 1-2 years and again good ones are almost becoming extinct! 

Tit got one of the last ones - that was on the market for some time not so long ago......................how things are changing!