Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Dunno about Byron mate, but in Adelaide we're limited to how many days a permit can be issued. I've tried it. Spose you could always do a dodgy with a later 911 rego plate and see how ya go!

911?  It's just a big Boxster really...  The ultimate BoxRod.  The Box of all Rods....or is that the Rod of all Boxes?

ya can here in Briiighton!! Saw one a few mths ago... See spotted thread.

Trade plates on that one, the owner has some very nice Porsches and was considering selling it about 6 months ago... from memory was looking at $1.6m

On 9/19/2017 at 8:59 PM, Peter M said:

I don't think it's sold because:

Potential 993 owners seem to be really really kilometre sensitive.  An order of magnitude more than those looking at 964's and about twice as sensitive as SC buyers.  Maybe a slight exaggeration but you get my point.

It's not that cheap if the engine needs any serious work soon.

As a long term prospect I don't think a 993 is a bad thing as they are still reasonably simple, definitely robust and parts availability is very good .  Maybe not as good as say the evergreen G series but what else is? 

Assuming the engine is just tired and most potential owners would only travel a couple thousand kilometres a year, it might be 5 to 10 years before any serious money needs to be spent so its' probably not a bad buy at all.

The owner has tried selling it twice in the last few years.  I don't recall anyone posting any intel on it.

Gentlemen just to let you know the car has been sold, just sorting the details re RWC etc and waiting on payment, should be gone by the end of this week....

Overall its a great car and having been used for highway km's all is fine... Those that drove it all agreed the engine is strong, which it is but they couldnt get their heads around the high km's... Even when on the dyno a some years back it made as much power and with a flatter torque curve compared to other lower km 993's... Hhmmm me thinks they were trying to jump on the 'price increase bandwagon' seaching for a car with profit in my the mind rather than passion in the heart!

Most people generally dont know how much city driving hurts these cars due to stop/start running and higher engine temps compared to the open road moderate load cooler running cooler, they go forever!

True it was for sale a few years ago when I was almost made redundant, but I withdrew it back then when I was retained. Glad I kept as the prices have risen been and may continue to rise. Personally I think any sensible money put into then will only come add to a good 993's value... I'm not even sure I'm making the right decsion to sell it as there is nothing else I realy like as an alternative and it was a dream to own one since a little kid, but after 11yrs I don't use it....

I'm surprised this 993 hasn't sold given the black one with more kms and a broken odo sold so quickly (albeit for far less) https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/SSE-AD-4860812/?Cr=1

Argh my car... Sold just sorting the paper work etc... I never saw a back with more km's.. Details please..?

The same thought had recently crossed my mind. I like the colour and suspect I could live with the grey interior. If there's nothing 'wrong' with the car, I feel the time sitting might be telling us something.

My car :) ... Sold just sorting the paperwork work etc... Nevous Nelly's re high km's is direct feedback as to why not sold earlier... Cleary most dont know the advantage a high km HWY car has over a lower km city dweller stuck in stop start/start traffic! 

... Clearly most don't know the advantage a high km HWY car has over a lower km city dweller stuck in stop start/start traffic! 

You are dead right with this comment and it doesn't seem to matter which car brand (I've asked high km questions re my MB C200, my 968 and my Evo).  I too have high kms cars due to 70-80% highway use.  Everything gets nice and hot, engine oil does what it needs to do and isn't overloaded with crap, nice steady RPM, limited brake use and so on.  Because we drive long distances and need to be able to rely on the car each and every day to get us to somewhere, it's nearly always serviced on time and repairs effected as needed.  It's a shame but us high distance drivers need to understand that low km drivers and high km drivers will have different attitudes towards this aspect of our vehicles.

To be honest, I don't see it much different to buying an old car (> 15-20 yrs old) - there are people who will buy them, repair them and drive them as intended by the manufacturer.  And there will be people who always buy new, drive it till it needs new tyres or whatever and then sell it on.

You are dead right with this comment and it doesn't seem to matter which car brand (I've asked high km questions re my MB C200, my 968 and my Evo).  I too have high kms cars due to 70-80% highway use.  Everything gets nice and hot, engine oil does what it needs to do and isn't overloaded with crap, nice steady RPM, limited brake use and so on.  Because we drive long distances and need to be able to rely on the car each and every day to get us to somewhere, it's nearly always serviced on time and repairs effected as needed.  It's a shame but us high distance drivers need to understand that low km drivers and high km drivers will have different attitudes towards this aspect of our vehicles.

To be honest, I don't see it much different to buying an old car (> 15-20 yrs old) - there are people who will buy them, repair them and drive them as intended by the manufacturer.  And there will be people who always buy new, drive it till it needs new tyres or whatever and then sell it on.

Yep fully agree as ive seen it many times with many different brands of car as a mechanic. Sooo often its the low km cars (which often have more running hours) that fail, leak oil etc. which then strikes fear in hearts of others about what must be more wrong with higher km cars! .... Little do they know about the happy medium of the three basic catagories, just like our bodies.... couch potatoe / medium moderate exercise / over exertion...

I saw that one this morning and the one thing that concerned me with it was the lack of proper english....

With a name like Josh, I just felt the language should have been better ...

"need to sell as i go overseas" ... and "original australia delivery" just don't ring right with me ....

Been around for years. Think it was a promotional exercise by a beer company or something. Some great work went into the interior from memory.

Looked at this a couple of years or so back when it was last listed.  Without taking a look at the mechanicals....be prepared for some interior work (unless it's been attended to since).  Pulled reasonably well at the time, think lightened sc with ssi's kind of performance.  Would have taken too much body & interior work for us at the time so we passed (we were not looking at taking it back to any kind of original...just to tidy/fix to a standard we'd be happy with).

There are some interesting youtube clips of the type of interior work that was done (think beer, dj etc).

EDIT - I notice a few of the interior details have been attended to and the new owner is in vic (was for sale in nsw previously) plus different seats etc.  May well be a different feeling package to that we encountered at the time of our test drive.

Edited by Gavin (CliffToCoast)
closer inspection of photos

Looked at this a couple of years or so back when it was last listed.  Without taking a look at the mechanicals....be prepared for some interior work (unless it's been attended to since).  Pulled reasonably well at the time, think lightened sc with ssi's kind of performance.  Would have taken too much body & interior work for us at the time so we passed (we were not looking at taking it back to any kind of original...just to tidy/fix to a standard we'd be happy with).

There are some interesting youtube clips of the type of interior work that was done (think beer, dj etc).

EDIT - I notice a few of the interior details have been attended to and the new owner is in vic (was for sale in nsw previously) plus different seats etc.  May well be a different feeling package to that we encountered at the time of our test drive.

911 ................frankenstein.gif

Is that the same one that an Uncle once owned ?

Just checked......it is :cool07:

And whats the mans commentary on the beast , he dont build cars for the faint hearted.. hes folklore legend .. in my reading of his old posts

yeah, wow.  I wish I had won lotto and had this amount left over!

White is purer!

I must say you are growing taste in your older age .. it will get you to work quicker , I promise 

Edited by symsy

I saw that one this morning and the one thing that concerned me with it was the lack of proper english....

With a name like Josh, I just felt the language should have been better ...

"need to sell as i go overseas" ... and "original australia delivery" just don't ring right with me ....

yip that old one... got this reply

Due to my location and since view or pick up is not an option I will agree for a 7 days of full inspection period ( after the date you receive the car ). This means that you have 7 days to inspect the car for any damages and decide if you want to keep it or not!
Because I will sign eBay's return policy, your money will be insured by them and you will have the option to reject the deal, only if we go through PayPal as well. If this is the case, you will receive a full refund (money back) from PayPal and I will have to take the car back on my cost!
You can read more about it following the link below:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/buy/contextual/return-policy.html

Let me know if the above return policy is acceptable and if you want to purchase the car please confirm your PayPal email for further instructions.

Is that the same one that an Uncle once owned ?

Just checked......it is :cool07:

And whats the mans commentary on the beast , he dont build cars for the faint hearted.. hes folklore legend .. in my reading of his old posts

Didn't he only own it only for a few weeks before he realised he had a cobra sized itch he wanted to scratch and on sold it before it was Unclised?