Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

911 or 912?  Ad says 4 cylinder.

And is this pink or metallic red?  Hard to say from the photos.

there weren't any 912's in 1974. (and the redline is 6150 which makes me think it's a 2.7) According to pelican 'salmon metallic' was a special order colour in 1974 too (code 036 in the door jamb) it's worth it just for the quarter windows!

Salmon1064389401.jpg

there weren't any 912's in 1974. (and the redline is 6150 which makes me think it's a 2.7) According to pelican 'salmon metallic' was a special order colour in 1974 too (code 036 in the door jamb) it's worth it just for the quarter windows!

Salmon1064389401.jpg

912E was a 1976 model only.

OK

I have had the engine completely built again with all new seals so it is bullet proof and built the gear box brand new too, I am the type of person, if it makes a weird sound change it to brand new like the fuel pump brand new so you can see how much I love this car and I have owned it for 10 years. Ring me if you really want to bury it.

So reading between his lines ,  before he rebuilt the engine -  it was not bulletproof? Or are 911 engines not bulletproof? Or did JB give it the damn good thrashing these cars deserve and a bullet got through?

Ring the vendor if you want to bury it , it would be an interesting call I suspect!

OK

So reading between his lines , before he rebuilt the engine - it was not bulletproof? Or are 911 engines not bulletproof? Or did JB give it the damn good thrashing these cars deserve and a bullet got through?

Ring the vendor if you want to bury it , it would be an interesting call I suspect!

Tazzie, I fainted from lack of oxygen reading his one long sentence ad.....gasp. At least he has a shovel

Tazzie, I fainted from lack of oxygen reading his one long sentence ad.....gasp. At least he has a shovel

...and a few spare bucks -  a new fuel pump for a 930 is $400 (from pelican and as we know they are cheap) and who knows , his might have not needed replacing (but he bases decisions on "noises"). Ah well. Someone will no doubt get gooey eyed at the nice fat sheaf of expensive service documents , which always "proves" a car has been cared for (but perhaps not been so reliable?)

There are enthusiasts , and then there are enthusiasts! I'm so glad cars find me , rather than the other way around.

looks so weird witthout the front rubber strip in the bumper

and i'd imagine engine cooling is affected without alll that tinware

You notice more than I do!

The weird rubber look again , this time with the nad upgrade  :)

TargaDay4-IMG_5251.jpg

Yeah, there were serveral things in ppi noted.

Good engine but rust repair required front pan and doors.

Rear main needs changing and a bunch of smaller items like brakes etc etc etc

Anyone know anything about this one?

Is it someone on PFA, noticed the Boxster in the background?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1974/SSE-AD-2872528/?Cr=13&sdmvc=1

OK

So reading between his lines , before he rebuilt the engine - it was not bulletproof? Or are 911 engines not bulletproof? Or did JB give it the damn good thrashing these cars deserve and a bullet got through?

This car has been on and off the market for at least a couple of years. Was asking considerably more at one stage. Have seen it on the road Northen Suburbs, looked good but know nothing more about it.

Someone I know who owns a "fly yellow' Ferrari 360 says yellow attracts flies in summer. I can see the scientific explanation for this , but is this one for the mythbusters?

Well I've done a bit of "research" and yellow and silver seem to be fly-faves. Rapeseed yellow is the best for flies. 

Best polite comment so far "insects always love yellow cars. Lookin' for some pollen, I guess. They think your car is the biggest flower they ever saw with their 22,000 eyes."