Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

There's only 28 people watching this on Ebay.. :huh:

Haha...29 now. That's the first thing I noticed.

Are they the later Cup 2 wheels? I prefer the cup 1s on the 964 IMHO.

I guess the price is a sign of the times. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes to sell. I don't think this colour is as popular at the white 964 that recently sold at AH

As Caledonian pointed out in the other thread there are some signs of repair work to the body panels around the engine bay. Might not be anything but something to keep in mind gents.

ppsr is clear.. but couldnt retrieve any history for insurance claims against it. Interestingly, rego state listed as TAS however unable to retrieve plate number or expiry as TAS isnt hooked up to ppsr register yet according to find print at the bottom...

964green_zpsb3085078.png

ppsr is clear.. but couldnt retrieve any history for insurance claims against it. Interestingly, rego state listed as TAS however unable to retrieve plate number or expiry as TAS isnt hooked up to ppsr register yet according to find print at the bottom...

964green_zpsb3085078.png

Yet, the date on the form shows 1992, and the build date plate shows 1990 and compliance shows 1991.....

Just saw that burgundy one on ebay..... looks nice, but priced ???

Hi,

Name is Tom. New here but came across this thread about 4-5months ago as I too, like every man and his dog, am looking for a nice Aus del 964 C2 manual coupe.

Just missed out on the white one in WA. Had actually rung Scott at AH to keep an eye out for me so was a tad annoyed that the 65K example was just listed and sold (missed that by about an hour).

Not too sure about this one on eBay which is now also on carsales. Has 100K more on it and not as immaculate but still similar money......hmmmm. 

incidentally, the same seller also has this lovely carrera 3.2 listed!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1986-Porsche-Carrera-/321486869536?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item4ada1c5420&_uhb=1

1986carrera_zps61f9ecec.png

Jeez at that price better have had the top end done recently plus it having no expense spared in maintainence...I have a theory that people are lurking on these forums and in seeing the discussions around values are testing the market at some inflated prices...

I wish someone would have a look and give us the lowdown!

I haven't had a look at it in the flesh but the dealer sent me pictures and it does look good. For those of you that have been looking for a while this car was advertised last year in the QLD Porsche classified forum:

"1990 Porsche 964 Carrera 4 - $46,500

1990 Porsche 911 (964) Carrera 4 with 156,000 kilometers. Electric sunroof, black interior, badge on steering wheel (No, 716 Porsche Festival Melbourne – 50 years of Porsche, November 1998). Registered until May 2013. Garaged at Stanthorpe."

The dealers tells me that the car has good history until the PO got it with no records of dealer services thereafter .... perhaps he did this himself. It was apparently driven down to Melbourne when it had the run in with the kangaroo.

No work has been done on the engine and car appears to be in original condition. I have more pictures from the dealer if anyone wants to see it.

Regards

Sashie

Jeez at that price better have had the top end done recently plus it having no expense spared in maintainence...I have a theory that people are lurking on these forums and in seeing the discussions around values are testing the market at some inflated prices...

It will sell. Though color combo not a favourite.

Hi Tom,

Alot has changed in the last couple of months....

We are seeing the market go ballistic for anything air cooled..... especially Aust delivered, impact bumper or 964 C2.....

Have a read through some older threads and you'll see what I'm talking about....

Have your money ready and be prepared to buy.....

Terry! Here's your track wheels!!

If I had a long bonnet this is what I'd go after. ST 'look'...

Cheers, Dreamr.

I thought I'd get a decent Aus C2 in the late $60K's....but yeah, things gone a tad askew.

I also enquired about a nice sounding 86 Carrera at RSR about two weeks ago which was going for $60K. Ad was up on Carsales but no pics yet. Missed out on that by 30mins.

It had 130km, grey with navy leather, Aus del, FSH....Oh well, it will happen..

Terry! Here's your track wheels!!

If I had a long bonnet this is what I'd go after. ST 'look'...

I would love those but I doubt they would fit under my guards :(

I found a set of Fuchs 2 weeks ago, just had them shed with yoko r type rubber, ready to go :)

I haven't had a look at it in the flesh but the dealer sent me pictures and it does look good. For those of you that have been looking for a while this car was advertised last year in the QLD Porsche classified forum:

"1990 Porsche 964 Carrera 4 - $46,500

1990 Porsche 911 (964) Carrera 4 with 156,000 kilometers. Electric sunroof, black interior, badge on steering wheel (No, 716 Porsche Festival Melbourne – 50 years of Porsche, November 1998). Registered until May 2013. Garaged at Stanthorpe."

The dealers tells me that the car has good history until the PO got it with no records of dealer services thereafter .... perhaps he did this himself. It was apparently driven down to Melbourne when it had the run in with the kangaroo.

No work has been done on the engine and car appears to be in original condition. I have more pictures from the dealer if anyone wants to see it.

Regards

Sashie

Sashie,

Thanks, I hadn't pick up that they were one in the same cars and the original advert is still on the Porsche Qld website: http://www.porsche-qld.org.au/PorscheClubs/pc_queensland/pc_main.nsf/web/CBF73675E4D81B75C1257B1100305D35#pagetop

So that car's been for sale since Feb 2013 and I always thought it was a pink colour!

Anyone here driven a 964 tipper?

What are they like? sluggish?

I think they only have 4 speeds...

Read the thread in the air cooled section, it will make u want to drive one like me...I would never rule one out.

Mike,

According to Porsche, a 964 Tip is 30kg heavier, 0.9seconds slower (0 to 100kmh), 1 second slower (standing start 1km)and 4kmh slower in top speed compared to a manual.

The comparison between the Tip and manual 993's show a similar relativity.

Being limited to 4 ratios has meant some compromises and trade offs that modern auto don't have.

If you just put them in "D", they will feel sluggish and unresponsive. But if you take the time to learn how the mapping works, you may well be in for a pleasant surprise......

(PS: Reading forums indicates that everyone accepts that it takes some time and effort - sorry precision - to operate a 915 gearbox successfully. Unfortunately it is not widely recognised that probably more learning is required to get the best out of an early Tip.

Probably the other point I'd make is in terms of performance a 964 Tip is probably quicker and faster than say a SC3.0 and similar to a Carrera 3.2 and comes back to the simple fact that if ultimate performance is our main driver, we wouldn't be wasting out time with old cars. ie cars we like best rather than best cars is game we play here.)

Prices have shot up quite a bit in the last 12 months or so. Will be interesting to see where it goes in the next 5 years.

Hoping there will be a correction once the dust settles a bit