Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I'd be keen to find out who could do a tip to manual conversion.

Whilst I am enjoying the car now... if it were a manual, it would be a lifelong love affair for sure.

Every thread I have read about so far.. is very old and that all say "don't do it!"

Which car did you buy?

The blue C2 in Newcastle?

Put us out of our misery!

I'd be keen to find out who could do a tip to manual conversion.

Whilst I am enjoying the car now... if it were a manual, it would be a lifelong love affair for sure.

Every thread I have read about so far.. is very old and that all say "don't do it!"

T&D converted mine for the previous owner after the Sporto torque converter pooped its pants. Metal went through the engine as they use engine oil so had another engine, 915 and 3 pedal cluster fitted apparently. Worth giving them a call.

Mike this post might help a little, seems to be the same kit from the same people, 4 years ago. Some interesting comments about wiring harness and Speedos etc...

http://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/577262-for-those-who-want-to-convert-tippy-to-a-manual.html

This looks like that targa that was for sale for a really long time - the one reupholstered in Bentley leather.

For sale by new owner.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1978/SSE-AD-2930160

Also there's red SC targa with bbs style rims in SA was for sale more than a year in low 20k range. Popped up again for sale via a dealer for $33k

probably not worth the hassle...

Reckon I will just sell the tiptronic before I get too stuck into it and stick it out for a manual.

I'd rather the tipper stay original for someone who wants one, than bastardise another 911 for future generations!

Have to admit, it is a LOT of fun though...

Reckon I will just sell the tiptronic before I get too stuck into it and stick it out for a manual.

I'd rather the tipper stay original for someone who wants one, than bastardise another 911 for future generations!

Have I missed the pics??

Glad you found another car, sounds like your already thinking about selling? Hopefully the purchase outlasts your targa voyage.

im already past the Targa duration...

Only reason I would want to move it, is to find a manual. I really do enjoy this car.. but with only 4 ratios, the gears are very tall.

With help from PeterM, I've gotten lots of tips on how to get the best out of the tip.. and in the 1 traffic jam I was in, I was very grateful for the tip. But shorter gears to keep the revs up, especially off the line, would make it a LOT of fun. 

Manual conversion is not economical.. best to leave this car to someone who wants a tipper on the cheap.

Interested to see that you ended up getting a tip C2 when there have been a few manual C4's on the market. That HK C4 looked like a good candidate, equally the silver C2 tip here in Vic looks like a nice car. Not sure what you picked yours up for dollars wise though.

Short cut to a fast ride. Looks like its had a life, but for the right buyer who has the competitive urge, and needs a steed, it would have to be in the mix. Stripped of its stickers its a bit of a blank canvas, but if you google the vendors name and 911, up come the images.