Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Wow. What a car. What a garage! Even pillows to put her to bed at night. Would love to see what other cars are hidden in there...

cp5031385079590874407.jpg?height=700&asp

When I sold him the 964, he turned up in cayenne turbo and mentioned he had previously owned GT3s, cup cars, Ferrari dino and had Cairns build a 911 hot rod. I keep sneaking a look at the photos, that paint job really brought her up a treat. Paint was actually pretty good but now it looks amazing,

When I sold him the 964, he turned up in cayenne turbo and mentioned he had previously owned GT3s, cup cars, Ferrari dino and had Cairns build a 911 hot rod. I keep sneaking a look at the photos, that paint job really brought her up a treat. Paint was actually pretty good but now it looks amazing,

It's funny...watching those two recent red 964 that were on the market a while, I were like "I like 964's...but not in red..."

But this sure looks good in these pics!

Someone is cleaning out the Garage

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hobart-cbd/cars-vans-utes/66-912-porsche-82-911-sc-turbo-body-82-944-porsche-fuchs-wheels/1057060482

66 912 Porsche, 5spd, 104,000 miles $28,500. 1982 911 SC coupe, steel turbo body, rust free straight car in pieces, sell as roller $13,500 or complete with 3lt eng and 915 for $21,000. 1982 944 porsche, 5spd 17 inch three piece rims or choice of original 15x8/7 fuchs $7,000. 15X5.5 fuchs rims, 3 date stamped 3/68 and all correct numbers, 1 is a copy, $2,750 for the set. Full set of 15X7/8 fuchs with good tyres $1,750. More pics to come.

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

I can see that, although I see an awful lot of work and missing parts ..... I fear that it would all add up pretty quickly and might (probably would) go well over the $30k budget ....

and haven't even seen the inside yet ....

If you could track down one of the 3 people in the country that would consider a sporto, you could sell yours and put that $4,500 towards it ....  :rolleyes:

(sorry, had to make myself feel better about having to  admit you were right a couple of posts back)

if i had 13.5k i'd be all over that SC

Ha, me too.  For some reason I think a wide body project car is somewhere in my destiny.  Many moons to pass before this happens though.

I don't think you need the wide fuchs to make it a decent car ... nice to fit something else.  And I'd start thinking about a turbo EFI, and, oh, I've just mentally spent $100k

If you could track down one of the 3 people in the country that would consider a sporto, you could sell yours and put that $4,500 towards it ....   :rolleyes:

I might start collecting green 911s

They are the provenance of the confident & well adjusted male with good tastes.

Wow that was quick, less than a week? So it's now been sold twice since October 13. I thought I did alright when I sold it in Feb but if it achieved $80k he did well also.....surely with 996GT3s slipping into the 80s, 964s can't keep going.......can they?

Wow that was quick, less than a week? So it's now been sold twice since October 13. I thought I did alright when I sold it in Feb but if it achieved $80k he did well also.....surely with 996GT3s slipping into the 80s, 964s can't keep going.......can they?

i agree, it is becoming not worth it anymore (imo).

that 944 above looks great on the 3 piece wheels! agree with russ, would jump on that project.. i have enough bits to make it work i think.

i agree, it is becoming not worth it anymore (imo).

that 944 above looks great on the 3 piece wheels! agree with russ, would jump on that project.. i have enough bits to make it work i think.

Some people have the money and that's a pretty cool and unique sports car for 80k. I too want a GT3 but do think this is as cool (if not cooler!) in many ways and worth the money. I'm obviously not alone judging by the interest in these earlier cars, long hoods being an extreme example also. The dollars vs value on these earlier cars is not a rational exercise................... :rolleyes:

There is also a chance that the person who bought it already has a GT3 and wants something else to add to the collection! :)