Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Speaking of cheap Turbos...I think this one has been around before?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/leederville/cars-vans-utes/1988-porsche-930-grey-manual-coupe/1054276585

$_20.JPG

Still has the UK Rust Tax disc in the window.  Still, a G50 Turbo for $46k..how bad can it be?

I covet a vehicle like this.  Perhaps in ten years I will be drawn into a similar money pit.

Speaking of cheap Turbos...I think this one has been around before?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/leederville/cars-vans-utes/1988-porsche-930-grey-manual-coupe/1054276585

Still has the UK Rust Tax disc in the window.  Still, a G50 Turbo for $46k..how bad can it be?

I covet a vehicle like this.  Perhaps in ten years I will be drawn into a similar money pit.

Same one,  interesting that they've left MOT on there, looks like the WA registration is valid.   I was doing some reading and it seems the 930 didn't get the G50 untill MY89, so I guess it's either a late 88 or the ad is wrong. I think Simonoz's pm folder is full so I haven't chased him for what he knows yet :)

Yes I remember seeing this one before ... I remember the odd little blurb about the dealer being at the end of a train line or something.

An 88 build car could easily have been sold as a MY89..you'd have to check.  I thought they all got the G50 at the same time.

He should have put that in the advert, just in case anyone wanting a GT3 wants to buy a 944 and spend the change preparing it to beat a GT3.  :ph34r:

Thought did cross my mind. 20k for a 944T; 50k for a few mods (not counting tyres , but apparently not really needed)

Actually if I can find a written off 944 I could be even better off. If I was interested in actually track racing.

Thought did cross my mind. 20k for a 944T; 50k for a few mods (not counting tyres , but apparently not really needed)

Actually if I can find a written off 944 I could be even better off. If I was interested in actually track racing.

There are many fast cars out there, only one is a GT3 though - each to their own, but I know what I'd prefer.  :)

as a project car - it's RHD already, steel turbo body, and actually i'd probably i'd pay the extra and get the 3.0 and 915.

set of fuchs and being prepared to do all the work myself i could make a nice car for $30k

Hi Russ,

If your looking for a project, I'll do a straight swap for your sporto!!!