Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

That speedster is going to tell you if the market is alive and well.

Price guide of $90-100k sounds conservative to me.  I reckon it could easily push $120k.  1989 G50 car, last of impact bumpers, wide body, desirable colour combo, rare speedster.  At auction someone might just want to have it.

If it doesn't sell then it's a canary that air-cooled fever is cooling down.  Or maybe just a sign that coupes are the only game in town.

Gotta love the sticker on the steering wheel and the dried out seats. At least the oil was changed. Personally , and don't take offence , it's hunchback is ugly, it looks like a small speedboat and I'd only pay 1/2 the estimate.

Edit: On reflection , it looks like a baby with a bib and a full nappy.

Gotta love the sticker on the steering wheel and the dried out seats. At least the oil was changed. Personally , and don't take offence , it's hunchback is ugly, it looks like a small speedboat and I'd only pay 1/2 the estimate.

Edit: On reflection , it looks like a baby with a bib and a full nappy.

I must admit they are not my cup of tea either, however they have always commanded a premium over other variants of 3.2's

On that basis im very interested to see what it goes for.

See the red 993RS Touring at CTS is under offer. Was $419,000, now listed as POA. Didn't take long, didn't make it on to Carsales either. If anyone knows the buyer, ask him to call me sometime. Ive started keeping a register of where the 993RS's are these days. Its a small register, but interesting.

Give Rorry a call and get him to pass on the info.

Nice car I went and looked at it last week.

Hi guys,

After a bit of advice.  I have a 1990 C4 coupe I'm thinking of selling.  I've had it for just over a year but it's just not working out as I hardly ever drive it and I want to remove complications from my life.  :)  It was in the UK for the first four years of it's life before coming out here in 1994.  Has done 250000ks, engine top end has been done at some point but not sure when.  Has FSH (but due for a major service and bits and pieces of work).  It is quite a nice spec, guards red with black leather sports interior (better seats), new Momo Prototipo, Cup mirrors, Cup I wheels + good Bridgestones, Bilstein shocks + RS springs, RS heater bypass, cup exhaust bypass.  Goes pretty well and sounds fantastic.

It's not an immaculate car, I'd say the interior is very good, the paintwork is fair (really needs a proper respray I think - but is serviceable).  It has a couple of small rust spots around the front windscreen that have been treated but are noticeable if you are looking closely.  Mechanically it drives nicely but ever since I bought it I've always wanted to drop the engine and go through everything and fix the oils leaks etc.  I've only ever really fixed a few little niggles along the way.  When I bought it I had a PPI done and the compression test came back even across the board except for cylinder 4 which was down about 5% on the others.  The clutch seems fine although it is also quite stiff which I've read means it's coming to the end of it's life.  I've lost access to a workshop and hoist though so it's just this hassle that sits over me.

My dad really loves it and wants to buy it off me but I've spoken to mum and he's not allowed to have any more cars!!! :)

Any ideas on price?  If $60k seems to buy an immaculate car these days I was thinking $40k would be reasonable given the condition?

Thx

I think you are asking a fair price. There was one here in Qld very recently that was also a UK import... he had a full respray done and a set of coilovers... apart from that, looked very nice. Listed on carsales for $50k...... sold within a few days.. I don't know if he ended up getting full whack but would have gone close I think.

If yours needs a spray and has rust spots, then I reckon if you clear $40, you are doing well. That's just my 2cents worth... or 5c since we don't have 2c pieces anymore.

Any ideas on price?  If $60k seems to buy an immaculate car these days I was thinking $40k would be reasonable given the condition?

Sounds like the car is a bit tired but 40k still seems cheap. I'm guessing its a manual? If so, a manual coupe in fair condition can still fetch near on 50k as Mike states above - still could be a good car for that money. 

(my 5 cents) 

Shannons- don't believe the hype:

an Australian delivered, low production (one of 139 right-hand drive examples and six wide-bodied cars sold in Australia)

40 were sold here in 1989 and almost all of them bar just a handful were the M491 Turbo bodied cars......the NARROW bodied cars are the rarity.

Dangerous ground if you buy something you're told is "one of only xyz" and you buy assuming it is so.

If you up your price limit to secure one of 6, and then find out later it's really one of 40, with (I believe) 36 of these delivered in that body........you'd be looking for recompense.

Why can't the licensed dealers get this right ?

e.g CTS 993RS "one of 13" - no one of 37 993RS's sold new in AU, split 23 Touring's and 14 RSCS

e.g.Shannons 3.2 Speedster "one of six" - no, one of 40 sold new in AU, about 36 of which were wide bodied cars.

Someone's gonna get sued one day for warrantying mis-information......

The hype in the market at the moment is blinding.

356 Speedster at the Motorclassica sold for 235K according to the Age.

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/motorclassica-lays-down-challenge-to-motor-shows-20141027-11c7hv.html

a 1956 Porsche 356 Speedster that changed hands for $235,000.

The sold sign on the day said 267K  Either way – it’s way too much.

The engine was not original (from an SC) and it was converted from LHD

Seller has to grinning.

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/motorclassica-lays-down-challenge-to-motor-shows-20141027-11c7hv.html

The engine was not original (from an SC) and it was converted from LHD

Seller has to grinning.

IMAG0231_zps8rdkqrpo.jpg

As previously discussed, I'm getting a posting o/s and it would be a shame to put my car in storage. I was thinking of listing my 1995/96 Carrera 2, vario ram 993, manual, oz delivered. Iris blue with grey interior.

Car is in original except for HIDs, stereo (original included), fister exhaust (original included). maintained by TD Automotive in Brissie for last 10 years. Car is in Perth now. Full service books and history. 2 original flick keys included.

Options include: Split rear spoiler, RS ducts, 18" hollow turbo wheels. Ctek quick charger already connected. New tyres, less than 2 months old.

The paint is in excellent condition and so is the interior. The car is in very condition.

Posting pictures is proving difficult.

$120,000? Too much to ask....?

How can it be "too much" if two guys both want it, and they have the cash?

Isn't that the fallacy of auctions? The auctioneers are playing the heart over the head all the time.

Why else the excited banter and pressure?

I find high end auctions a slightly interesting psychological sideshow.

At the end of the day , someone is boasting they have a fatter wallet and sometimes , a smaller brain.