Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

So am I reading that right? That 993 track car started life as a 69?

That's the way I'm interpreting it, Cal ...... a '69 forward dated to look like a 993.

You would think if it was an actual 993, it would be waaay too cheap at that price ..... and probably wouldn't put a 3.0 in that body.

Don't let the info in the ad sway you tomo .....

When you list your car, you have to put something as the base model ....

I'm assuming that because it looks like a 993, he chose that as the base model to list it as ...

I generally put zero credence in that information that is posted along with the car. From long experience I can tell you that when faced with an input a computer user doesn't know or doesn't understand they will either pick the first option, fill the field with garbage or take a wild stab. For the OCD among us, putting the wrong information in seems a heinous crime against data. For people who just want the computer to get the annoying red messages to go away, anything that lets them get the ad listed is good.

Only the VIN is the truth. (Assuming no foul play)

Clearly I don't have enough projects. So against better judgement, I'm going to look at this tomorrow.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1978-PORSCHE-911-TARGA-SC-/321614259380?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item4ae1b424b4

Mate that's got the trifecta:

* cream/off white interior (tick)

* aftermarket spoiler/wing and wheels (tick)

* and the kicker a fully genuine working SMOG PUMP! (Tick)

I think you are risking it by waiting to inspect, put a deposit down NOW sight unseen before you lose it...

I would jump right on it before Dreamr does!

The smog pump is in excellent working order. The paint has overspray and the interior is a bit shabby. Was all looking like a good project base until I found the rust between the front suspension pivots. Do not want.

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/archive/article/january-1991/27/andials-roots

Andial very well respected in PORSCHE world, Like to know how aussie delivered got ANDIALED though

some time ago yes - they have been behind the cutting edge so to speak for quite some time now though, plus a few disgruntled customers with blown engines/shitty tunes did not help